Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-21, 10:16 AM  
BunnyHop

The Tony Little Private Trainer Total Body Gym was a steal ($15, shipping included) and it's fine, but it's mostly gone unused since my hysterectomy.

It probably won't come with me when I move.
Old 06-16-21, 10:29 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
The Tony Little Private Trainer Total Body Gym was a steal ($15, shipping included) and it's fine, but it's mostly gone unused since my hysterectomy.

It probably won't come with me when I move.
Is this his bar with step? If it is, I almost gave mine away when I was gifted Cathe's first tower but now I'm happy I kept it. I have it set up next to my rebounder (with 35# dumbbells weighing down each leg) and have used it for some more advanced rebounder workouts but am loving it for inverted rows.

Fails for me: I donated the ab wheel thingie. Even when my core was strong I was always worried about hurting my back since I tend to arch too much anyway. Also never used the Thighmaster much. There are probably more if I think harder.

I have a lot of equipment I need to use more but don't consider them fails.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Oh yeah - the Zumba step program with the big round neon green step. Fortunately I was able to sell that program to a good home.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:21 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I really need to get rid of my Fluidity barre. I liked it at first but it is so big and cumbersome to move around. I bought it cheap off Craigslist so not a big deal. I just use a chair.
Yup, me too. I got rid of it for the same reason although I don't think I ever really liked it. Got it through CL and sold it through FB marketplace. Good riddance.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:23 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

- Biggest Fail: BOSU! I got one at a fitness convention for half price. I never really liked it and it sat in a corner for 15 years until I donated to the Salvation Army.

- Most Expensive Fail: Bellicon Rebounder. It is a great rebounder, but I found out to my dismay that rebounding aggravates some pelvic issues that I have. I've had numerous pelvic surgeries over the years with pretty bad adhesions and scar tissue. The bouncing gave me a huge pain flare that lasted over six months. Even the gentle bouncing was too much.

After all these years, I have a ton of equipment and gadgets. I tend to cycle them depending on the workouts that I am doing. We keep the larger "stand-by" items in the garage. Sometimes my barre is in, sometimes it's out. Cathe's Fit Tower is in, but I can't get to it as DH has his "B.O.B." punching bag in the way.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:26 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have a jumpsport rebounder that I never use. Not for exercise anyway- sometimes I dry sweaters on it and my cat loves to sleep on it. It is not a bad product I just haven't used it. I thought I would use it for high impact moves in videos but just never did.
It is in my family room because I have room there and there are high ceilings. It will hard to drag down my basement exercise area because of a narrow set of stairs. I need to do that soon due to an upcoming remodel in my FR. I will try to use it there but I think the ceilings will be too low to use without hitting my head. I am short but still don't think it will work.
I know my husband will want me to get rid of it but I am still thinking of how I can use it. I did a Linda Woolridge workout and really liked it but if I can't use it down in the basement it is getting sold.

ETA:
Some other fails: I got rid of my BOSU. I used it a lot at one time- Seasun's BOSU Blast was a favorite but I just stopped using it for some reason. I sold it to a local fitness instructor I know.
I got rid of my Select Tech adjustable dumbbells. The shape and size of the heavier ones were awkward to use. I decided to just use heavier weights at the gym so I sold them.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:35 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I have a jumpsport rebounder that I never use. Not for exercise anyway- sometimes I dry sweaters on it and my cat loves to sleep on it. ...
That cracked me up!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:36 AM  
loverly7

Definitely the Pilates Circle (or maybe they called it a Pilates ring) and the Ab Lounge. Never really used either item.
loverly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:50 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
I am a life long Firmie, but to me the Wave was a big fail.
oddly, i use the Firm Wave for just basic stepping in the "tunnel" position. i have the DVDs but have never used it in the upright "U" position. it's small enough to leave in the living room but can be tucked away quite easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
  • Ab Rocket - this is more Big Bubble He never uses it.
i see those a lot in Goodwill - it's one of the few fitness gadgets that they're willing to carry due to liability. i believe that the Goodwill workers think it's a gaming chair.

in our home, we had the Healthrider. talk about Husband Buying Magic Beans.... it took up so much space in our former home and it only does 1 thing. i once wore my HRM when using it and you can't really get your HR up very much. i get my HR up faster and longer with Leslie Sansone! We finally donated it to a white elephant sale at the church. prospective customers oohed and aahed at it and wondered why we were being so generous in donating it! my thought was "if you only knew...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
  • Body Blades
Body Blade - i agree. I admit this was my "Wife Buying Magic Beans" purchase. DH used it for a little while and DS, but after that, it just sits in the closet. fortunately it doesn't take up a lot of room. i was convinced it would make a good chair workout - due to its lightweight design and that the resistance comes from doing the reps - like a jumprope in a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Also, even though I like my Bellicon 49" rebounder just fine, it was an unnecessary (and expensive!) purchase since I already owned a Jumpsport which I actually like better.
i also have a Jumpsport and glad to read that someone likes it better than a Bellicon. I wasn't sure which one to get, and just for price reasons and availability, an opportunity presented itself for the Jumpsport in my case. Either i was going to get it from Costco or get lucky and find it on Craigslist - the latter happened. Both DS18 and I love and use the Jumpsport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Oh yeah - the Zumba step program with the big round neon green step. Fortunately I was able to sell that program to a good home.
i still have yet to use the green round step! it's still in the box. i think i pulled it out a few times, but i got it because it sorta reminded me of the Firm Tortoise and Hare - Tracie uses a round adjustable FL. I wonder why that gadget was never marketed to the public? anyone know? it looked sturdier than the future Death Box.

Flipside - things we use and love in our home:
Total Gym (of Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley fame)
Jumpsport
Step Co. Step
Firm Wave (see above)
FL - use this quite a lot. love it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 12:17 PM  
ADoll

The Firm death box and a rebounder I bought at Big 5 (don’t use it and taking up space).
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body blade, bodyblade, equipment gathering dust, fitness gadget, gadget fails, gadgets