Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-21, 01:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Geez, I've had it since 2016 and only done the first workout?? I am just awful about that. I have to have all these workouts and an embarrassing number are still in shrinkwrap or at least untried. I used to say I can't die if I have untried workouts but at this point my untried are probably about as many as my tried!

I have to admit, I am not at all feeling like working out today. Partly bc the baseball game is starting shortly but I wasn't feeling it earlier either. So I think I will make fudge while the game is on and then piecemeal clean bathrooms. Maybe I will feel like working out before supper again.

I will be seeing extended family soon and this year for some reason is bringing up a lot more emotions than seeing them last year. I am missing my mom so much. My dad said he is feeling it more this year too. Maybe we were too numb and in shock last year. Anyway, today has been rough so far so I'm trying to just give myself grace. Sometimes working out is the answer and sometimes it isn't so I'll see how it goes.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 05:16 PM  
Vantreesta

I kind of forgot it's the first day of the month. I gotta do a workout of some sort to start the month off right!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-01-21, 07:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I kind of forgot it's the first day of the month. I gotta do a workout of some sort to start the month off right!
Grief certainly is felt differently for everyone. Certainly not linear. Give yourself grace, Vannie. Do prehab..or nothing. Hugs!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 08:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, Linda! The hugs "felt" good. I thought about doing Cher's Hot Dance but I may just do the next day of Kassandra's bedtime yoga.

Old 07-02-21, 10:25 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I will be seeing extended family soon and this year for some reason is bringing up a lot more emotions than seeing them last year. I am missing my mom so much. My dad said he is feeling it more this year too. Maybe we were too numb and in shock last year. Anyway, today has been rough so far so I'm trying to just give myself grace. Sometimes working out is the answer and sometimes it isn't so I'll see how it goes.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Grief is incredibly unpredictable and can hit you at the oddest times. A good friend lost her mom 11 years ago on the 30th and she said this year has been especially tough. Be kind to yourself {{hugs}}

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 11:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, Kate! It is still hard to believe she's been gone a little over a year. And we lost my mother-in-law the month before my mom so there are days that just feel so hard. Most days I do okay so I try to just ride out the rough days.

In the end I didn't workout last night and that's okay. I will get back at it today. I have a box of new goodies that came today and it only seems right to give one a try!

Old 07-02-21, 03:41 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Vantreesta, (((hugs))).

Didn't do KB yesterday, Brett wore me out. Today is a rest day in the Brett program. I swam laps and di KB swings day 6, using 25 and 20. I can see a 30 lb in my future.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 04:49 PM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, Cynthia! Good for you heavying up!

So far today I have done a 15 minute Jessica Smith dance blast. Car went for an oil change this morning and then I ran errands so my day has been out of whack and still no mojo but I really feel like it's coming on for tonight!

Old 07-02-21, 10:30 PM  
Vantreesta

Did my run and PT but really not feeling like swings at this point. Fixing to do yoga and call it good for today.

Old 07-03-21, 03:40 PM  
Vantreesta

I did bodyweight glutes, vintage Buns of Sttel 6 on VHS from 1992, swing challenge day 6, jump rope and stretch. I used my 25 lb for the two hand swings and 18 lb for the rest since my hamstrings are still cranky. One day left!

Tags
100 swings, challenge, fitness challenge, kettlebell, kettlebell challenge, kettlebell swings, kettlebells, lauren brooks, on the edge fitness, summer 2021