Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-21, 06:00 AM  
Tugger31

Question Resistance Band question

I need to replace a few resistance bands and not sure which brand to get. What I'm looking for is a resistance band similar in feel to Cathe's first green resistance band way back in the day. I bought her later set of bands (light green, pink, blue) and they have a thicker feel to them and are pretty taut. I"m looking for something thinner with a little more give but not cheap quality. Thanks!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 12:18 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I believe cathe originally used green strength dynabands (this is way back in the workouts where she used to tie the band around her lower legs to do firewalkers).

I still use dynabands (the green and occasionally purple--purple is more resistance). They contain latex btw.

This is where I used to buy them on amazon but they don't have them anymore--I last bought new bands early 2020:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NCW8T6/
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 09:14 PM  
angie_nrs

I'll be watching this thread too. My green dyna band broke and I subbed a different one, and that just recently broke. I bought 2 others on clearance at a big box store, so I'll try those. But I really would like the original green dyna band that cathe used.

I wish she still had them on her site, but I don't see them there.
Old 07-13-21, 09:36 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I got my bands from a Physical Therapist. You might call a PT place and ask them where they get their bands from.
Old 07-16-21, 12:56 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

The PT's here use Therabands. I ordered this set and the advanced set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YR7G8K...roduct_details

They are nice and sturdy.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 09:38 PM  
Elsie

Linda from Balls N Bands is excellent and she has the higher quality tubing etc. I have gotten some cut to size ones from her in the past, due to me having a long torso and very long arms.
I've also purchased higher quality stability ball from her store.
I've been since looking for a Canadian equivalent to her small business. Or as Jane rec'd, purchase from a PT where they can also cut to size if necessary and have higher quality non-dusty bands.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 02:00 AM  
hypnomoon

I recently picked up a box of bands and the circle bands at TJ Maxx. They are great quality and a better price than I find at fitness/sports stores.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 07:54 AM  
Daffie

I bought the 3 pack from Amazon but they are five feet. Too short. I bought a roll before and got three out of it but down to one. Not sure how long they lasted. I think when using them around the bottom of my shoes wears them out faster. Amazon at the roll available again.
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynaband, dynabands, resistance band, resistance bands, therabands