Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-21, 12:24 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
LAC-Thanks for the suggestion about staying hydrated and maybe having less of a reaction from the Corvid shots. I don’t drink liquids like I should.

I wanted to share the only way I have been successful in drinking more liquids during the day. When making breakfast, lunch, or dinner, I heat up water and make a thermos of herbal or green tea. I put the thermos in a place that’s convenient to where I be and I have to drink all of it before my next meal. After dinner I have to drink it by 8 pm.
That is a good idea, Pam - I will copy you. I will also make sure that before I drink my coffee that I have to have a glass of water first. I don't know why I struggle so much w/ getting enough fluids in... But it is something I wanted to work at this year anyway, and your approach sounds like a good one.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-21, 10:13 AM  
desderata

I got my second Moderna vaccine yesterday afternoon. I did Cathe’s Perfect 30 leg workout this morning with no problem. My arm is sore, but not as sore as with the first one and not as sore as after the shingles vaccine. So far, so good. I felt worse after the first vaccine. The syringe leaked halfway through the shot, so they gave me another dose. I ended up with about 1.5 doses and I think that’s why I felt worse the first time.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 08:52 AM  
Erica H.

Answering my own question here...

Got my first Moderna vaccine yesterday. Just a very sore arm and maybe a mild headache. Was able to work out as I normally would and the movement seemed to help the soreness in my arm.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 01:23 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Answering my own question here...

Got my first Moderna vaccine yesterday. Just a very sore arm and maybe a mild headache. Was able to work out as I normally would and the movement seemed to help the soreness in my arm.

Erica
That's so great!

I got my first Pfizer vaccine yesterday and my arm is extremely sore. I had planned to do yoga today but I think I'm going to swap it for a power walk outside. I don't fancy how my affected deltoid would feel in down dog and sun salutations right now.
Old 03-20-21, 11:07 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I had the second Pfizer shot on Thursday and did Paul Katami's I am Athlete 2 from his 4 x 4 series. Yesterday I did an hour step workout with Kat Gates-Buettner. I had no side effects at all from the shot, not even soreness or redness at the injection site. I didn't for the first shot either. I also drank a ton of water, so much that I had to go to the bathroom every few hours Thursday night into Friday. It was worth it if it helped!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 12:18 PM  
hypnomoon

I got the Johnson & Johnson, one and done, vaccination. I have had no side effects at all. I haven't been doing hard workouts though. I have been doing stretches and yoga, some challenging though. And, I feel, well, normal.

I do have a sense of relief knowing that I have the vaccine in my favor if I contract COVID.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 01:16 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I had my 1st Pfizer shot yesterday. Other than a slightly sore arm today, I've had zero side effects. My 2nd one is scheduled for 4/13. Hopefully it'll go well too.
Old 03-23-21, 01:17 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
I got the Johnson & Johnson, one and done, vaccination. I have had no side effects at all. I haven't been doing hard workouts though. I have been doing stretches and yoga, some challenging though. And, I feel, well, normal.

I do have a sense of relief knowing that I have the vaccine in my favor if I contract COVID.
That's great news that you haven't had side effects! I have heard rumors that there will be a second J&J shot as a booster given two months after the first, but I don't know if that's true. I have to be careful that my dd isn't given that one over the summer since she'll be heading out of state for college in August and it would be difficult to get that second shot then if necessary.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 09:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
compared to Shingrix, my 1st Pfizer shot has been a walk in the park. i had a headache after Pfizer #1, and ibuprofen or 2 regular tylenol were enough to get rid of the pain. i was able to work out and do my day-to-day activities in the normal fashion. i had to make sure i drank a lot of water.

i will be cautious for the Pfizer #2, however, since everything is case-specific.
Got Pfizer #2 yesterday. so far, no headaches. been hydrating a lot. last night, i could not sleep - i was wide awake. so today, i'm dragging from fatigue. shoulders are a little sore from the workout i had yesterday (original WATP with 3# balls).

DH, on the other hand, was running a low-grade fever and chills with Moderna #2 this past weekend. his Moderna #1 was maybe a slight headache, but that was it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 09:57 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Got my Moderna #2 8.5 hours ago. Did a 45-minute Essentrics 5 hours ago. So far, just a sore arm. Maybe a hint of a headache.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccinations, vaccines