Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-02-21, 07:07 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I picked up a weighted vest at a thrift store. I have always wanted to try one. It's air drying now.

I passed on the Firm stick I saw....it was priced at $49.99
Nice score on the weighted vest! I found one once while thrifting, but it was so gross and smelly I left it on the shelf.

I keep hoping I'll find a Firm sculpting stick since the twigs broke off mine, but $49.99 is too steep!
Old 06-02-21, 07:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

Wendy this vest was barely used. I wouldn't purchase if it was smelly either, lol.

The Firm stick was in excellent shape..but yipes on the price.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 02:06 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Wendy this vest was barely used. I wouldn't purchase if it was smelly either, lol.

The Firm stick was in excellent shape..but yipes on the price.
i haven't studied how vests are constructed, but are the weights removable? if so, that might be one way to clean it - remove the weights, wash, line dry and then put the weights back.

i have also found Febreeze that comes in a spray bottle to be effective odor protection.

the sculpting stick price is just plain ridiculous. i rarely see them for sale any more, but even when the system was a few years old, you could find the SS for $20 tops.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 06:16 AM  
fanofladyvols

bzar yes, I checked (and sniffed, lol) before it came home with me. All the weights were removable and the vest was handwash. It airdryed quickly.

It looks like this one but says Gold's gym
https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-A.../dp/B0040XNP0K

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 10:11 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
bzar yes, I checked (and sniffed, lol) before it came home with me. All the weights were removable and the vest was handwash. It airdryed quickly.

It looks like this one but says Gold's gym
https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-A.../dp/B0040XNP0K
I'm very happy for you as a fellow thrifter.

I'm somewhat moderate on the "It has to be clean" scale. even if it looks and smells clean, of course i wash it and make it look new as best as i can - I'm sure everyone here does the same.

sometimes you get really lucky and items are pretty much brand new. the store i go to, i think they're pretty good about putting clean items on the shelves. they've received so much inventory in the last 6 months they can afford to keep dirty items off of the shelf.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 02:32 PM  
Pam

Recent Thrift Store finds:
Gilad's 45/45 Split Routine
Scott Sonnon's Intu-Flow (2005) Did the basic level today and liked it. A good mobility, joint workout with some muscle stretching and balance work. 3 more levels. I was surprise to feel like I had worked out after completing the basic level (maybe it helped I had finished a hike that I pushed it by including a lot of uphill).
Old 06-06-21, 09:57 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I picked up Janis Saffell and Scott Cole's Tai Chi Balanced Workout DVD too a few months ago at the thrift store and I LOVE IT!!! It's a great semi-easy day workout and tons of fun.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 04:39 PM  
Karla25

Didn’t find any workouts, but found a photo signed by Kim Phuc (in a book about her life) that I purchased for a quarter. Kim was the young girl photographed running nude in the Vietnam War.
Old 06-08-21, 11:48 PM  
Leonana

I found a pair of 7 pound neoprene dumbbells today, with the Sports Authority logo. I was thrilled, I've been wanting them for awhile, but held off on new because of the expense. I got these for $6.74 after my discount. They are an ugly green and a bit dirty, but don't look too bad after I cleaned them.
Old 06-09-21, 02:30 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
I picked up Janis Saffell and Scott Cole's Tai Chi Balanced Workout DVD too a few months ago at the thrift store and I LOVE IT!!! It's a great semi-easy day workout and tons of fun.
I really liked this one too and an interesting dynamic between the two of them I thought.

Today I picked up a Slim in 6, the new version with all booklets for $4. The discs are all smudged and finger prints but no scratches. Tucked inside was a surprise Marie Winsor upper and lower body disc.
I am curious about the updated version of Slim in 6 as I have the first version.
Also picked up Gaiam Total Body Challenge: Pilates. On the cover it looks like the workout uses a band.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds