Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-21, 08:08 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
in solidarity, i did this one today - Disco Abs Get Funky Cardio, led by Tsha Jacobson. i was surprised - it made me sweat with a smile! did you notice Ilyse Baker in the cast in the front?

also:
Kari Anderson Center Floor - what a GEM this was! very good workout.
Yes, I noticed Ilyse Baker! I totally agree, it is such a fun workout! I have done it twice already.

Oh, I always wanted Center Floor, it is still on my wish list, I always thought the preview looked so lovely. I am so glad you enjoyed it!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 09:27 AM  
fanofladyvols

Saturday was the Groovy yoga from Body Groove. It was kooky and relaxing and I loved it. I look forward to doing this one again.

Sunday was an Exercise TV Yogafit. It has several workouts on it but I did the Yogafit plus workout that is 45 minutes with Elise Gulan. (The other workouts are a lower body workout and several 2 minute segments body area specific. ) I couldn't believe much I sweat. This was a challenging workout. She never mentioned the use of props but I had to use my BOSU pods for my wrists. So many chatarangas and downward dogs.

There was this one chair sequence that I stayed at level 1 the whole time and I still had to stand up to give my quads a break. Another tough sequence was leg lifts in airplane switching to moon (I think). My whole standing leg was on fire. She gave lots of modifications but sometimes wasn't good at describing what she was doing so I had to keep looking up. I was able to easily do some Level 3 but mostly stayed at level 2.

I was determined to finish the workout but afterwards realized I will dread ever doing it again so I will pass this one along.

It is unfortunate because her demeanor in this workout doesn't annoy me like she does in 3 week yoga retreat. She does still talk incessantly but she only does what you need to hear. The flow is so brisk that she really doesn't have time to babble. She is incredibly strong and moves through these poses beautifully.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 11:09 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

*Jessica Smith Pre-Hab from WS series #1.
Larysa Didio Fit in 10 Total Body Transformation Supercharged Sculpting

* this is really good. Jessica did some novel moves that i hadn't seen elsewhere.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 06:33 PM  
Kitten

I'm trying to work through sets I bought and either never started or never finished a rotation of.

Today I did Metrx 180 Shaping workout one. Now I never even tried to do a rotation of Metrx, I just tried the 30 minute or less ones. I am currently doing months 2 and 3 of the rotation because I really don't see the need in month 1 as I am not a beginner.

The workout out itself is actually pretty good. Frank is Frank. There is a background exerciser in these that I cannot stand because he makes weird faces. I was surprised I liked the ab work, I reserve the right to sub out for other core workout later on down the line.

There is a very short stretch because they want you to do their longer one, but I already know I'm not a fan and its 16 minutes.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 04:42 PM  
Kitten

Day two of working through my sets. Metrx 180 shaping workout 2.

An all back workout? Yes please! My only nitpick is I think they could have come with a better substitute for pullups.

I also enjoyed this ab work much more than yesterdays.
Old 08-06-21, 03:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i recently re-acquired FitPrime Pump with Heidi Tanner from Mary's recent sale.

my original copy: i loved it a long time ago, but sacrificed it in a bulk trade for the new Fitness Favorite Firm re-releases at the time.

today, i got to do it. it's just my speed, and i mean that figuratively and literally.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 08-06-21, 03:34 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jeannine pump is one of my all time favs.

kitten you're making me want Metrx

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 04:43 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
kitten you're making me want Metrx

*whispers* Buy It!

Yesterday was Metrx 180 shaping workout 4

So. Many. Pushups. I'm so glad I recently worked on improving my form.
As usual the stretch was very short. I am actually feeling the abs today, but I didn't actually enjoy them.
Old 08-12-21, 12:09 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Recently tried workouts:

JM's Killer Bun & Thighs Level 3 & Killer Arms & Back Level 3, they are both good workouts, and less grueling than L2 imo. L2 on both DVDs were the hardest to me.

Jenny Ford's Step by Step. SBS was fun and very easy to catch, but still challenging, Jenny is a great cuer, I loved it!

Kitten, I bought the Metrx 180 four years ago, and I have not tried a workout yet.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-21, 04:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Denise Austin: Hit the Spot Totally Firm on DVD (a weights workout).

this is a delightful weights workout.

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins