Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-21, 05:30 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Some new to me I managed to get to, Providence I have always wanted to try this one already having tried A New Providence and it didn’t disappoint. Kettlebell moves well explained and demonstrated.
X-Factor ST Yoga, such a good stretch. This one left me feeling well stretched and relaxed.
Peakfit Cardio Strength 2 so much fun, I just love how each set flowed and I liked switching light and heavy weight. Michelle is so accomplished as an instructor.
Ellen Studio Yogini Another Ellen I liked but I loved her Prevention on the beach more. She has definite patterns in her choreography and is so calm and confident.
This week was a good mix, fun and no duds.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 01:33 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Clubz: Cardio Phase 1. The workout is 30 minutes long with a very short warm up. I liked it, it was challenging, but doable. I like that it has water drink rest periods every ten minutes or so, which was very welcome. My favorite moves were, squat jacks, squat to side reach (I felt my core like crazy with this), and a few others which I can't remember now what were called, even my grips and forearms got a workout, I used four fingers type of gloves to avoid slippery hands, and it worked great. Les favorite moves, jumping lunges, overal it was good and for the most part minimal impact.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 03:30 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
Some new to me I managed to get to, Providence I have always wanted to try this one already having tried A New Providence and it didn’t disappoint. Kettlebell moves well explained and demonstrated.
X-Factor ST Yoga, such a good stretch. This one left me feeling well stretched and relaxed.
Peakfit Cardio Strength 2 so much fun, I just love how each set flowed and I liked switching light and heavy weight. Michelle is so accomplished as an instructor.
Ellen Studio Yogini Another Ellen I liked but I loved her Prevention on the beach more. She has definite patterns in her choreography and is so calm and confident.
This week was a good mix, fun and no duds.
I love Providence too. Haven't done it in ages because Kettlebells were off limits due to back injury. I might be up for it again though.

x-factor is on my trade list but I never tried the Yoga one (TBH I never got around to most of this set )I will have to try that one. How long is it?

I haven't tried anything new recently.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 06:14 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Anthony's Providence DVD has long been a favorite of mine! I bought it before moving to Providence and had high hopes of training with him one day. His gym was in Seekonk, MA, so very close to me. I used to drive by once in a while but never had the courage to go inside. Unfortunately the gym closed down about a year later.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 06:21 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Joyce Vedral: Slow Duet
this is a quick <30 min weights workout, UB + LB/Abs. i plan to view the extra chapter on alternate moves and will post back.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 06:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I tried to do Michelle Barnard's Everyday Yoga Warrior DVD yesterday. I quickly Joni O'd it right away. She's very soft spoken and I had some difficulty hearing her cues. The editing in this one was a bit odd. She'd be talking and I'd look up to see the screen and she wasn't there. There would be a scene of her in the woods (or other setting) and it was confusing. I might try it again, just to see if I wasn't hallucinating.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 08:21 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
x-factor is on my trade list but I never tried the Yoga one (TBH I never got around to most of this set )I will have to try that one. How long is it?

I haven't tried anything new recently.
You should definitely try the yoga DVD..I think it was 20ish minutes.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 11:52 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
You should definitely try the yoga DVD..I think it was 20ish minutes.
Yes, I second, definitely try the Yoga before passing it on especially if you like to stretch. I forgot to check the time, definitely 20 mins maybe a shade over.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 12:12 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I've been learning/practicing step aerobics lately and finally got around to trying two classic routines for beginners from Keli Roberts, namely Cher's A New Attitude and Ultimate Step Aerobics. I don't know what it was/is, but I just couldn't get Keli's cues, and much as I've enjoyed her foam roller workout (editing was lousy though) and some of her older core workout stuff, I Joni O'd the step routines that I was streaming from YouTube. I'm sticking with Gin Miller, Gilad and Kathy Kaehler. Maybe I will gather up the courage to try Karen Voight and (easy) Kari Anderson, and continue to tolerate Kathy Smith.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 09:13 AM  
Gams

Jenny Ford has a lot of basic step workouts you might like.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins