Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-20, 11:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I tried Cathe's Pyramid Pump for the first time. I did the Upper Body pre-mix. I didn't enjoy it that much. I prefer her older Pyramid workouts.

I was also distracted by the soundtrack issue. It looks like Cathe had to re-record her voice for much of the workout. I didn't have my glasses on and I could still see that her mouth didn't match the comments.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 12:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I was also distracted by the soundtrack issue. It looks like Cathe had to re-record her voice for much of the workout. I didn't have my glasses on and I could still see that her mouth didn't match the comments.
Oh my gosh

I won't be able to do this workout with good form because I'll be watching her mouth now

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 01:16 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Today I did the Barlates Double Burn Compound workout. I liked it and figured out how to modify the moves that put weight on my toes.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 01:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Shazzy Fitness In the beginning picked this up in Mary's last sale after reading jusca recommend. (Thanks, Jusca!)

I am not a dancer and most Cathe step workouts I have to learn in stages. I would rate this as a workout that beginners and intermediates would enjoy for a change. The music is hip hop- ish. It is a workout that is basically divided into songs but chaptered into two 10ish minute segments. The first one leans towards hip hop, the second 10 min segment has some bollywood type moves. The last part of each of the segments you have the song to dance with very limited instruction. So it was a mental and physical exercise for me, lol. There are pauses between the songs and between the two segments that you are left to step in place.

I had lots of fun, you do need a bit of room and to be ok with some late cues. I just kept moving and they repeat it enough you can get it in spite of that. The cooldown for me was the worst part of the workout. It was too fast, poorly cued and awkward.

I look forward to getting more of these. I'll definitely keep this because it was an enjoyable workout ...I'll just use something else to cooldown.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 11:55 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Today I did a new to me Linda Woolridge/Barlates download: Tighten it Thighs and Upper. It was awkward using the band for the all 4s work. This works the upper and lower body at the same time using the band for the upper body work. I felt like I needed some more resistance for the lower body so I might use a loop band or ankle weights the next time (if there is a next time, not sure TBH)

I also did another LW Resistance Band Solution workout: the Cardio Core section on the Core Blitz disc. I really liked this although it was a bit fast in spots.
Old 11-03-20, 10:47 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did 3 Linda Woolridge downloads I got from her recent special. All from the Focused 10 minutes series: glutes, upper and Weighted abs. Some of the abs moves were too hard for me but otherwise these were all good.
Old 11-09-20, 09:57 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Back again. I did Linda's Focused 10 minutes abs and outer thighs download on 11/6. I liked it but the abs work was mostly obliques. Of course with a 10 minute workout I cannot expect a comprehensive ab workout on top of outer thighs. Still a good workout. She also has a weighted abs workout in this series which I reported on earlier.
Old 11-09-20, 10:52 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Back again. I did Linda's Focused 10 minutes abs and outer thighs download on 11/6. I liked it but the abs work was mostly obliques. Of course with a 10 minute workout I cannot expect a comprehensive ab workout on top of outer thighs. Still a good workout. She also has a weighted abs workout in this series which I reported on earlier.
bravo! you're keeping this thread alive.

did all 3 Mini-Walks from Leslie's Eat-Walk-Lose kit. The first 2 do not use the Booster Cables (the ones that go around your feet), however the third one does. i forgot where my cables were stored () so i used 2# dumbbells. i also did 2 Unplugged 2000 by Margaret Richard.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 12:03 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Another new-to-me Barlates workout today. Sculpt Fusion from the Functional Training series. I liked this and was even able to do some of the moves in plank position.
The balance moves were a bit challenging for me as they were dynamic. This was a good total body workout and only 46 minutes.
Old 11-15-20, 10:08 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Linda Woolridge's Abs and Back workout from the Pilates Mat Series. I have this disc in the Mat Sculpt and Burn set. The Abs and Back Workout is the only one from that series that I hadn't tried. I didn't have time to do the whole back section but the abs section was very good.
I am probably going to get rid of this set because alot of the workouts are way too fast (although not from The Pilates Mat Series disk) If I get rid of it I will buy the Abs and Back workout as a download. I already purchased a few downloads from this set that I liked with the intention of eventually getting rid of the DVDs.

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins