Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-19, 11:05 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

DOTI: Country Line Dance Party, fun workout!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-19, 08:45 AM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
10/19/19: purchased from Amazon and did this today: Jeanette Jenkins Stretch It Out
Hey Jeanine, what did you think of this one? I have it but have never tried it.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-19, 12:20 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
Hey Jeanine, what did you think of this one? I have it but have never tried it.
Hi Kristie, it was pretty good. it's an athletic stretch - pretty basic moves. it's 35 minutes. she holds the stretches longer, which is nice. most of the stretching is for the legs and a few for the arms. she does cobra too for the back.

the DVD also has a core workout - i have yet to try it.

my report for today: i did KCM Step Boxing from 2006. i did it without a step - i also started a separate thread about doing step workouts as "floor aerobic" workouts.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-19, 06:48 AM  
bubbles76

I finally tried CIA 2902 Step Surge. What a fun workout! I actually did the whole thing all the way through. It could have used better music, but the music choice wasn't bad. She cued RIGHT ON the move, but I was okay with it. The choreography was just complex enough. For the weight intervals, I stuck with light weights (8 pounds) and followed along for the most part. The last interval with the lunges and squats had too much going on, so I kept everything to the front.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 07:06 AM  
Kitten

Thrift store purchase ages ago, tried out this morning.
Denise Austin's hit the spot pilates core workout.

I've been working on my core/abs since it's a week spot because I hate ab work. This one was too easy, which I guess is a good thing. It means I've already improved that area a bit already.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 06:21 PM  
CharM

I just found this at Goodwill over the weekend and thought I'd try it out: Jessica Smith's 15 Minute Fast Fat Blasts. I did 3 of the 4, because I haven't cared for her abs walks lately. I thought some of the music in the Power Pick Up was weird, and I didn't like that some of the same moves were used in the different workouts, but I guess there's only so much you can do before it's no longer a "walking" workout. I still liked it, though, and I'm glad I bought it.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 08:07 AM  
Kitten

Actual shrinkwrap tear off this morning.
The Firm cardio dance club salsa sizzle.

Now, this is not my type of workout. I'm not even sure how I ended up buying it. But 20 minutes is about how much time I have so.

Anyhoo.

The good:
it's only 20 minutes
The cueing is pretty good
There is a (brief)stretch at the end

The bad:
Tifting
it didn't really get my heart rate up, but that might be because I was learning the steps

All in all, it reminded me of the ybb lives, which is a good thing. I will probably reach for it again, just to see if it's better the second time.
Old 10-23-19, 10:33 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Today I did one of the Linda Woolridge downloads I recently purchased. Burn It total body. Not a fan of many of these moves but I think I could manage it with mods if she didn’t go so darn fast.
I then did Mat Intervals arms and outer thighs. Again some of the exercises were too fast. It’s very hard to get an effective workout when it is performed at a fast pace, especially the moves with a large ROM. I wish I knew the Burn It one was a YouTube video before I purchased the download.
I think my next workout is going to be a tried and true one. Right now this project of doing only new workouts is getting kind of frustrating for me.
Well I am completely embarrassed for myself. I just realized that I had done some of the Mat Intervals workouts in May because they were free on Amazon Prime video. I was reading an older VF thread about Linda Woolridge workouts and lo and behold I had posted that the Mat Intervals workouts were too fast and I didn't like them. Why then did I buy the DVD 5 months later? Obviously I was taken in by the BOGO deal and completely forgot that I tried some of the workouts.

Although I didn't tear shrink wrap off, today I did some more workouts from the Mat Sculpt and Burn set this time from the Grace and Strength disc. Abs which I liked and Arms which had some good exercises but again were MUCH TOO FAST.

Yesterday I did two downloads I recently purchased from Linda that I actually liked: Double Burn Mat and Fusion Mat Glutes. I did fusion mat Inner thighs on Monday.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 09:42 PM  
Kitten

Red face

Denise Austin's hit the spot pilates abs and core.
Now, I think and stretch is where Denise really shines.

However. This one was a bit manic. She jumped really quickly from exercise to exercise. I felt like I barely started doing one before she jumped into the next.
Also, she really, really loves saw. I don't seem to get anything out of this move so, not a fan of it.
Old 10-29-19, 08:09 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did TRX Basic Training today. I tore the shrink wrap off ages ago to learn how to set up the TRX but never did the workout. It was OK I guess but I would get rid of it but for the instructional section and the accompanying book.

I did the Total Body section of 10 Minute Solution Pilates on the Ball. I did this ages ago and liked it but then it sat for a long time. I tried it a few years ago but I couldn't do it due to a wrist injury. I liked the total body section but it was pretty hard for me. I will try to do the other sections and decide if I want to keep it.

I previewed one of the Ruthless workouts (Killer 100's) and found the instructor obnoxious so that one goes to the trade pile.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins