Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-21, 08:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was missing Pahla - you knew this would happen, right?

So today I did:

Pahla B - August Playlist - Day # 1 - full body w/ weights

I didn't have time for anything else this morning.

What I like about Pahla - her workouts don't make me tired and I find her to be encouraging and pleasant to "be around"!

Yesterday after work DD and I walked our Golden. I end the day w/ over 7K steps, my goal is 7K per day/49K per week. I know some days the 7K won't happen for one reason or another but I figure some days will be over 7K so it doesn't really matter.

Carol - my DD starts her classes on 8/23. We are having the horse she is interested in checked by a vet today. I suspect that we will be horse owners soon. I'm uneasy about it -but also feel that it would be good for my DD - and as long as she keeps up her end of the bargain - in terms of earning money to help defray the costs....I think it will be ok. I am hoping what it will do is get her out in the world more - to develop her skills and confidence among people, etc. Having a job will certain help w/ that!

Dana - glad you liked JV's offering. It is so funny I found the thought of doing 20 min of upper body more daunting than doing the 30 min full body workout on Monday.

Nice work, Brenda and Linda!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 05:56 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Well, I intended to exercise yesterday, but it was another late day at work - home at almost 6 - and then on the phone multiple times last night. Maybe today will be better. I hope so.

Donna - sounds like everything is progressing just fine. It will be a whole new experience for DD.

Dana - so it's not just me who doesn't care for that 4 Mile Power Walk of Jessica's. I'm thinking it needs to go in the Share the Wealth pile.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 07:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a Pilates workout -

Annie Pilates Physical Therapist (You Tube) - Tight and Weak Thoracic Spine and Glutes - Pilates Yoga Fusion - that is a mouthful! It was a 20 min workout and felt really good. It definitely made me aware of my imbalances between left and right. My right side is tight/my left loose.

I hope to get something else in today - for once I don't have tons of meetings scheduled so I may sneak in an afternoon workout if I can.

Yesterday was low key - we had a vet check on the horse my DD is interested in buying and now my DD is re-thinking it - the exam revealed some questions about the horse's feet that could end up costing money in the future in the terms of shoeing. I'm so proud of my DD for thinking about this rationally and not going for the emotions of being/feeling attached to the horse. She is going to look at some other horses - there is one not too far from here that is barefoot (no shoes) and that does end up being less costly if they can stay barefoot. I believe she is also on 24/7 turn out - which is also good b/c field boarding is much cheaper than stall boarding.

Anyway - sorry to ramble about the horses, but I'm happy to see my DD taking such a mature approach to things!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Carol - I can only imagine how busy/crazy things must be w/ that start of the school year amidst yet another COVID situation.

Donna
Old 08-05-21, 09:47 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I hope you can enjoy a buffer from your work day very soon.

Brenda nice job getting your workouts in despite how busy you are

Donna yay for lighter days!

Dana I have such a dread factor with walking workouts in general. I have managed to make myself do a Tamilee and Ellen all the way through but then after finishing have to answer in the negative if I will ever do again. I wanted to support Jenny by getting her set but wonder if the outdoor and her personality is enough to erase the walking dread feeling ...haha!

have a couple of Jessica sets that are walk on and I have yet to do them. So far I have managed to do a power walk she has on one set but I think it was bc I knew it was 20 minutes. The other two sets idk if I will ever do. Maybe I should give up and trade them...

Yesterday was CS Back pain and prevention.
I'll edit and post today's workout later.

Efficient Thursday wishes to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 08:27 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I managed to get a workout in:

Jessica Valant - Upper Body Strength Beginner Workout with Weights - 20 minutes & Therapy Exercises

I liked this simple and unhurried weight workout. I'm glad to see Jessica putting out more dumbbell workouts.

Today was another hectic day at work. In service starts on Monday for new teachers - and we have a bumper crop of teachers new to our school - and then the full in service starts on Wednesday.

DS called me late this afternoon to tell me that one of his professors - who spent 4 hours in DS's car yesterday as they were driving around doing wastewater sampling for COVID - tested positive for COVID today. Turns out he had been coughing and hacking yesterday in the car and might have even been running a fever off and on. He thought it was allergies or sinus issues. Nope. Not even close. No one was masked, but at least DS has been vaccinated. We are going to be careful for the next few days and then DS will probably get a test on Monday. I sure don't want it - of all the times...

Carol
Old 08-06-21, 07:53 AM  
donnamp

i Everyone,

I decided to go back to Jessica V today - I really do need to work more on my strength....and PT type exercises..

So, today was:

Jessica Valent - Balance Exercises - I have pretty good balance so this was not terribly hard for me - but these exercises are definitely good for strengthening the legs and the small stabilizing muscles

Annie Pilates Physical Therapist - Lateral Pelvic Tilt Fix - OMG this one burned - I know my hips are weak and this really pointed it out to me. I think this one needs to be in the rotation several times a week. I even felt it in my core which I think is a good sign that I'm training my body to stabilize itself.

I may try for a quick cardio at lunch today - Yesterday I did manage to get Pahla's August Playlist Day # 2 completed during lunch.

Sorry for the lack of personals - running late.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Carol - I hope your DS is ok and that the vaccines hold up for both of you! Ugh - you would think w/ all that is happening in the world that people would just stay away from others if they are not feeling well. I know I used to go into work w/ colds and such- but this is a different time.

Linda - if you don't enjoy walking workouts - why do them! Jenny has some nice step and strength workouts on her You Tube channel if that is more to your liking!

Waves,

Donna
Old 08-06-21, 08:24 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

SeniorShape Fitness Kickboxing workout - 32min.
ePilates Quarantine Arms & Tush - 23min.

I really enjoyed both of these workout. The kickboxing was a nice surprise; low impact, enjoyable and time flew. Perfect workout to do at 5am. Emma's pilates was pretty good and the end literally kicked my butt.

Linda, I don't mind walking workouts for days when I need to move but don't want to work too hard or have to think. I was briefly tempted by Jenny's Walk Across America set but I couldn't get past the FIFTY walks concept. I just don't need 50 walking workouts.

Carol, I hope your DS is OK. Nowadays when the pandemic is still raging, if someone coughs and sneezes a lot they should be more considerate of others and not assume it's just allergy. Ugh. I'm glad you enjoyed JV's UB Strength. I also liked it a lot and felt my biceps all day yesterday.

Donna, I've never heard of Annie Pilates Physical Therapist. I'll have to look her up.

I gotta run to the office today. Waves to all!
Old 08-06-21, 03:04 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I have tried various styles of workouts over the years just to have variety. Also because I know it's possible I won't be able to always do step and bodyweight cardio. I'm terrible at dance so I have tried different instructors for walk and Barre. I am getting nowhere fast with either..haha. I'm hoping Misty Tripoli will be good options as I age.

Dana are you turning in your notice?

Carol the news of your son was so frustrating! Please keep us posted.

Brenda hope you're still stepping and closer to your PT appt.

I heard from Christine recently and she is well and doing outdoor walks.

I have had some great workouts lately! Yesterday was kettlebells (ab focused) then CS #418 abdominals. Today was a full body strength day using Caroline Sandry Yoga pilates lower body; 21 DF upper. Enjoyed them all and went well together.

Happy Friday everyone

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 07:19 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout yesterday - it was another long and late day at work. Maybe today! DS is still waiting/incubating. I think he's supposedly to get a test on Monday, assuming no changes in the interim. We are hearing that this CoVid variant looks a lot like allergies when it is mild, and of course, he and I have both been suffering from allergies with all the smoke from the western fires in the sky here. For that matter, everyone I know is struggling with allergies right now.

Carol
Old 08-07-21, 10:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday at lunch I did Pahla's August Playlist Day # 3 - which was walking w/ weights.

Today was a mix of Ellen's workouts:

Ellen - Serene Strength & Pilates Mix - I like combining both of these 20 min workouts.

I plan to get a walk in later.

Carol - I hope that all turns out ok w/ your DS and the COVID situation. Hopefully his vaccinated status will protect him.

Dana - was the kickboxing workout you did from Lauren's Senior Shape channel?

Linda - thanks for letting us know about Christine!

Waves, everyone -

Donna