Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 01-22-11, 12:37 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Still a newbie to kettlebells... and I have a question - what workout did you start with and what workout gave you results you could either feel (internal strength) or see (external results)?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 02:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Swings! The simple swing, and lots of 'em. Definitely felt it, but you have to go heavy.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 06:10 PM  
FitzFour

I agree on the swings. I use a 20lb KB and I did swings on Sunday, and my lower body is STILL sore...but in a good way!
FitzFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 06:29 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I'm currently trying Lorna's Silver workout from her kbell book. I'm in week 3 of the 6 week program.

I'm still perfecting my form (esp. cleans - yes, I've got a few bruises) but I guess I'm wondering if anyone has had an epiphany with kbells and found them to work really well?

Anyone in menopause using them with some degree of results?

Just still wandering around and wondering lots of things...

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 07:50 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

you're funny Gibbee. I saw a book but I didn't know I thought it was Klieman or something like that.

The bruises will go away and I don't mean just as in life but you will soon know when it it coming round and it won't really hit ya so bad. yes, it will be sore for awhile also but that also goes away.

I have no epiphany of them. I just like them. What would you like to do? Do you want an online video to watch with different drills?

Do you have any access to a live instructor for them? You can get buy with just one.

I don't know what menopause has to do with the results. What kind of results would someone in menopause be getting that someone who is not?

Maybe you should get Enter The kettlebell with Pavel talking about each of the basic moves. No one goes through them like he does. I maybe partial to him and his style so that may not work for you.

You can also try asking more questions on Nofearfitness.com

Or try out Andreas new kettbell DVD for all stages of life? try looking at his clip and see if this might help. Andrea Ducane

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-11, 10:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm new to kettlebells & have been doing lots of research on VF, but this is the first time I thought to search the "Everything..." threads--d'oh! Thanks for all of the great info here!

I have another brand to add: I recently purchased a 8 kg Kaizen Kettlebell, and I think it's very high quality. It is sold by Budu Videos, but I bought my from Amazon for <$30, including shipping! You can check out my video review on Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/Vinyl-Coated-K...cm_cr-mr-title

Also, for those of you who have done reviews/breakdowns of DVDs, please consider cutting/pasting and adding these to VF's Reviews section! Again, I never thought to look at this thread until now, but I have been reading the Reviews section, trying to decide which DVDs to buy. You will help out many more users by submitting these reviews!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-11, 09:59 AM  
Cammie-Cam

Wanted to reply here as well. Purchased kettlebells from http://www.christiansfitnessfactory.com/ and I like them ALOT. They do also sell via amazon.com, but I've found them to be cheaper and the shipping to be less when I buy directly from their website.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-23, 09:08 PM  
killoffsonny

Anyone ever used an adjustable kettlebell?

Last edited by killoffsonny; 08-20-23 at 09:11 PM. Reason: made a mistake
killoffsonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-23, 06:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
Anyone ever used an adjustable kettlebell?
Yes! I have the Bowflex and VFer pratima tried another brand. I can't remember what kind she tried.
I may be able to find the thread

ETA: Here it is!

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230441

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything, iron woody bands, kettlebell, kettlebells, kettlebells for beginners