Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-21, 07:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi again and hi Brenda! Yes, I hope the cooler weather is coming our way very shortly. Thankfully, this whole week is supposed to be in the upper 70s but humidity is still high. Give me snow and cold weather any time!

So, I did join WH for the month of September. Challenge starts on 9/6. I was curious about Karen's paid website for a while so now is as good a time as any to join. This time I've resisted signing up for the entire year like I usually do because of better pricing vs paying monthly. But, how much better is the price if I don't use the site for the entire year, right? We'll see how this goes.

As expected, I didn't do anything after I got home from work. I was within 10 minutes of my home when I found that the only road home was blocked off due to some kind of emergency. You'd think that the police would be directing detour but NO, they did not. It was every man for himself and every which way. What should have taken me less that 10 minutes to get home, took me almost 45 minutes. I WAS MAD and hungry because I only had a light breakfast and no lunch. Needless to say, I wanted my food and was in no mood to work out afterwards. Tomorrow is another day!
Old 08-31-21, 08:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carol, I wound up doing the Senior Shape Yoga & Pilates routine today - not because I saw it on your post but just because it randomly popped up. I liked it, but this time it was a little to easy for me. I do like the work she does propped up on the elbows.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-21, 10:04 PM  
fanofladyvols

Brenda happy to hear that you are beginning PT.

Beth are you at the intermediate level with pilates?

Dana ohh what a bad time for bad traffic...never good when you're hungry.

Carol vet bills are never cheap...but I don't pretend to understand what it costs to run a vet's office. Glad all is well.

Donna I have a few Ellens I haven't tried. I feel when I do, I'll probably enjoy them as well.

All we have had is rain and more rain...my yard needed rain but wow...not that much!

Yesterday was Boho Day #4 and it was a very stretchy and restorative practice. My fave of the set so far.

Today I started with Mari Winsor Pink ribbon challenge. Then I stopped and picked up with PIYO Sculpt. Finished with the restore segment on the Pink challenge DVD. Both workouts work well together. Really enjoyed the Winsor because of the band work.

Goodnight all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 05:55 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout last night ladies. I got home late from work and then I decided to stay outside with my dog because she wasn't feeling any better. She isn't throwing up but was very lethargic and as the evening worn on she started seeming as if she was in pain. We ended up taking her to the ER Vet thinking she just needed some fluids, but apparently it's worse than that. She did make it through the night, but I don't know what will happen when I get her over to the regular vet's this morning. The ER vet thinks she may have some type of blockage - her imaging tools were not as good as she would have liked to see exactly what's going on inside. I could tell the ER Vet was very worried last night.

Exercise-wise for the month - I was thinking that Jessica Valant's calendar looked good combined with Senior Shape and Silver & Fit.

Wish us luck today! I too worried to chat, but it's good to see everyone!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 08:35 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Carol, wishing you and your dog the best and hope that everything goes well!
Old 09-01-21, 09:32 AM  
donnamp

Oh my goodness, Carol - I hope your doggie is ok!

We are getting the rain from Ida - and our power keeps going on and off! Yuck.

I got a late start this morning b/c of a bad night's sleep, but I managed:

Ellen - Serene Strength - I really like this one from her streaming service. It is short - 20 min - but a feel good type workout.

Jessica Valent - Arm Workout w/ Resistance Band - this was also a nice one - definitely felt the work w/ the bands.

Brenda - I'm glad you started PT and your job is going well.

Linda - gosh your mentioning PIYO makes me want to look at that set again! LOL!

Hope everyone has a good mid-week day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 07:49 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Just a quick check in - we believe the little dog is out of the woods. The small circle-like object that the vet spotted on the x-rays last night had moved by this morning, so that was a good sign. It could have just been a fluke - the angle of the x-ray - or it could have been something really bad, so we are glad that it turned out to be nothing (apparently). Bonnie spent the day at the vet's on IV fluids and I picked her up around 5:30. She ate well and has been responding to things that she is hearing in the back yard - running and barking.

Wednesday's workouts were:

Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Upper Back Stretches & Strengthening & Arm Workout with Resistance Band - 17 minutes

These were Jessica's scheduled workouts for the day. I really felt the second one and will probably be sore.

Bonnie slept well last night - not a peep out of her. I'm sure she is relieved to be home and to not be hurting.

Donna - Enjoy your rain, even though it isn't rare up there. We are having a thundershower right now and I love listening to it. I'm thinking about tackling Jessica's stair workout with my step today - it looks tough!

Linda - Sure not complaining really about the vet bills - more just surprised. So glad we have them and that they can do more these days than in the past for our furry friends.

Beth - That Senior Shape routine was a little on the easy side, I thought. Definitely good for a day when you don't really want to do anything.

Dana - Hope you enjoy Karen's streaming! I enjoyed it when I used it. Being in crazy traffic at the day's end when you are hungry and tired is never good.

Brenda - Glad your job is going well - those folks at the tiny airport probably just needed a stranger to practice their pat down techniques on and you were the lucky one.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 08:03 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

September thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...95#post2939495