Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-23-22, 08:20 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Caroline Girvan- Iron Series #9- Full Body. Those squat presses really got my heart rate up! I had to drop to 15 pounds for those! I really need some heavier dumbbells for lower body. I tried to pick some up at Walmart earlier this week. I had looked online and they had good prices and the website said they were in stock. However, when I got there they didn't have any 30's. I'm trying to be nice to the delivery folks and not have them delivered, but I might have to give in and order them online.

Move with Cee- Deep Core workout (10 minutes). This was nice and soothing after CG's workout.
Tomorrow I plan to do Day 8, Cardio/Mobility on Monday, and Iron Series Day 9 on Tuesday....it looks really good and super challenging. I used to do heavy squat presses. I can tell on preview why she calls it cardio.
Old 04-23-22, 08:22 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I finished up to CG Iron Series #13 Posterior Chain which was one of my favorites so far. Not so many Glute bridge variations and worked back, lower back, and hamstrings.

I’ll do Day #14 tomorrow Unilateral Full Body. I previewed it and it looks great! I like the 30-35 minute duration of these workouts because I can fit in 30 minutes of cardio first, as a warmup. I’ve been doing iFit walk or walk/run workouts on my treadmill. Love having the variety!
I'm still in week 2 but the Posterior Chain does look good and I love the look of the Unilateral Full Body. The time duration is a huge plus but nothing feels rushed and the parts worked are thoroughly worked!

Last edited by gigi; 04-26-22 at 04:46 PM. Reason: edited typo
gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 04:40 PM  
wendug

I didn't work out yesterday due to horrible cramps.

Today I needed to get in some cardio and felt like doing a Firm workout. I decided on Aerobic Body Shaping from BSS4 and although there is some cardio, there is quite a bit of weight work. I guess I remembered it being more cardio focused. I heavied up as much as I could and with the cardio bursts I got a great workout, although not what I initially planned.
Old 04-24-22, 06:26 PM  
gigi

I did a really fun workout as a warm up. It was perfect for a warm up and a bit of cardio: Sharon's Hill 12 Minute IMAGINE DRAGON Kickbox Workout. Then I did Iron Series Day 8: Glutes & Hamstrings Workout. I went to New Balance and got fitted. I bought a running shoe that can be used for cross training. Half way through the Iron Series workout I switched to my flatter, corss training shoes. I'm making sure not to tie my shoe laces too tight. I'm also aware of curling my toes when I get tired and focusing on using my entire foot. I think the New Balance will be perfect for cardio/metabolic workouts. I also think working out after being on my feet all day and even driving, your not totally off of your feet, makes it more difficult. I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 04-24-22, 06:58 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I did a really fun workout as a warm up. It was perfect for a warm up and a bit of cardio: Sharon's Hill 12 Minute IMAGINE DRAGON Kickbox Workout. Then I did Iron Series Day 8: Glutes & Hamstrings Workout. I went to New Balance and got fitted. I bought a running shoe that can be used for cross training. Half way through the Iron Series workout I switched to my flatter, corss training shoes. I'm making sure not to tie my shoe laces too tight. I'm also aware of curling my toes when I get tired and focusing on using my entire foot. I think the New Balance will be perfect for cardio/metabolic workouts. I also think working out after being on my feet all day and even driving, your not totally off of your feet, makes it more difficult. I hope everyone has a great week!
I hope the new shoes help with your foot pain! I have had good luck with New Balance shoes. You have a good week, too!
Old 04-25-22, 01:06 PM  
jetlitis

(My mom's in the hospital for an extended stay, so I'm trying to keep up with my workouts. Some days are harder than others.)

April 22, 2022
Kathy Smith The Rules of Fat Burning:
Two Cardio Routines (35m)
Cool Down (6m)

April 23, 2022
Winsor Pilates:
Accelerated Body Sculpting (20m)
Ab Sculpting (22m)
(Accelerated Body Sculpting is about a 60m workout, but I needed to switch to another workout after 20m).

April 25, 2022
Heather Robinson:
100 Squats Challenge (5m)

BurpeeGirl:
Walking Workout (35m)

MadFit:
Standing Ab Exercises (11m)
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-22, 05:22 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I hope the new shoes help with your foot pain! I have had good luck with New Balance shoes. You have a good week, too!
Thank you! The shoes did o.k. I still have difficulty with my left lower leg ankle up. I took them off halfway through my workout and went barefoot.
Old 04-25-22, 05:25 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
(My mom's in the hospital for an extended stay, so I'm trying to keep up with my workouts. Some days are harder than others.)

April 22, 2022
Kathy Smith The Rules of Fat Burning:
Two Cardio Routines (35m)
Cool Down (6m)

April 23, 2022
Winsor Pilates:
Accelerated Body Sculpting (20m)
Ab Sculpting (22m)
(Accelerated Body Sculpting is about a 60m workout, but I needed to switch to another workout after 20m).

April 25, 2022
Heather Robinson:
100 Squats Challenge (5m)

BurpeeGirl:
Walking Workout (35m)

MadFit:
Standing Ab Exercises (11m)
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Be gentle with youself and do what you can. I know there have been times in my life where being rigid with my workout schedule actually added to the stress.
Old 04-25-22, 05:28 PM  
gigi

I did a workout by Fitness with Ty: Cardio Kickboxing. PROS: Great music and driving beat, basic solid kickboxing moves that actually involved some kicking. I hate when a workout is titled kickboxing and it's mostly punches. CONS: Cueing was off, transitions were not smooth, the stretch was not my favorite. I've previewed some of her other workouts and they do seem better cued with smooth transitions and pictures of what is coming next.

I only did the 6 rounds of cardio (with extra break) and did not do the bonus booty and abs. I wanted to stop at the 20 minute mark but finished all 6 cardio rounds. Yay me!
Old 04-25-22, 05:33 PM  
wendug

jetlitis - As gigi said, be kind to yourself with the stress of your mom being in the hospital. I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough time!

Today I got in some cardio only.
The Firm- Dangerous Curves Ahead Express Cardio Only (35 min.)
The Firm- Get Chisel'd Bonus- Kick It Into Gear (15 min.)
The pink Firms definitely amped up the cardio from earlier Firms. I had to modify a little bit to give my feet a break from all the high impact.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts