Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-11-22, 02:43 PM  
AnMrsDe

Elsie, I hope you have a great celebration with your dad! Awesome news on the cancer front!!!! I will certainly keep your friend's little guy in my prayers!! Poor little thing.

Math Teacher, best wishes for a beautiful wedding celebration for your DD!!

Chrys, You are having such a hard time with the extended Long Covid effects, but you still manage 8 hours of yard work in one day???!!!! *Bowing to you* I hope you got it mostly done before your trip. So sorry to read about your fall...hope you are recovered from that!

T2B, hope your A/C is working good!! Next week will be BRU-TAL!!!!! :/

Not to name names, but ahem, some of you, ahem, haven't posted anything or very little for June yet....hope everything is OK and you are out having a good time!!

Happy Weekend!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 08:47 AM  
T2B

AMD - lol @ the dog and your pocket and phone. Do you keep your phone locked? Glad that you are enjoying your walks. I rarely see cute exercise clothes in TJ Maxx. Still haven’t figured out the perfect day to go to get first dibs on new items. I found a pair of capri length tights in JCP, on clearance, that look similar to the tights Cathe wore in the P30 Hiit workout. They are so cute! We are not talking about the heat and my A/C, I’m praying that it lasts through another summer… Do you wear a hat when you go walking? I’m looking for a hat with SPF and something that can be dampened to keep cool, any suggestions?

Chrys - so good to see you checking in. I hope you’re ok after your fall. Sorry that you are still dealing with health challenges but sounds like things are improving. SMH at a lot of the medical community. Most are exhausted with all they’ve had to deal with these last 2+ years so I have sympathy for them too. Fortunately there is a community out there, including doctors, that know and are researching long covid. Sounds promising. Congrats on finishing another school year. Enjoy your 2 weeks with your family.

Elsie - Great news about your Dad. Sending healing energy to that sweet baby. I pray that things improve.

Bex - it’s wonderful that you’re still doing yoga with your friend. Does she live near by so that you can do yoga in the same room? Is that allowed now? I hope your business improves quickly.. Everything is so dire right now. Gas prices are unbelievable, everything is more expensive and we still have supply chain issues, very depressing if I focus on it too long.

Helen - glad you found a way to get pass your husband is away slumps. I’ve always been an early bird and it is very hard for me to do any serious workouts in the evening, good that you are working with your natural inclination. Makes it more enjoyable, for sure.

ASAS - I hope you had a great birthday; you share a birthday with my niece!

Re: missing folks, has anyone heard from Dorothy? I wonder is she is still doing her Peloton workouts.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 08:28 PM  
bex

T2B- Yes, I'm so thankful that we've been able to continue our practice together. Each day over the weekend one of the others joined us so it still feels like our small community. One of the guys is recovering from an emergency appendectomy but when he's cleared he might also join us in the mornings.

We all live spread over the city and because we're fitting it in before work, it's still over Zoom. I have the workouts downloaded to my computer, so we start the call, then I share my screen and hit play. Helen I'm also a night owl, so I'm amazed at myself that I'm able to get myself up and onto the mat at 7am during the week.

Chrys I know how frustrated I would be with ongoing, no clear answer medical stuff so I send you all best wishes. I'm sure your background in fitness will help, and hope you can find your way through.

Elsie
- That's so sad to hear about your friends baby having a setback. Even as we all live with Covid, the way that it affects individuals can be heartbreaking.

I'm also missing our MIAs, particularly hoping to hear more from LizEMA. I love your rambling posts!

Happy belated birthday AsSweetAsSugar and waves to all!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 08:32 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Hi everyone!

AMD, T2B, Bex & Elsie, thanks for the birthday wishes I had a good day.

T2B, I hope your niece had a good one too!

Elsie, sending healing vibes and prayers for the baby of your friends.

Just wanted to drop by, to say hi, I am doing fine, just very lazy on the workout department, so nothing to report about that. Hoping to get back on the horse soon though.

Take care you all.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-22, 04:27 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, Really? You don't find a whole lot of exercise wear at TJ Maxx? That is where I find 95% of mine and thankful they are all so reasonable. (That's where I found practically all the pocketed capris). Good score on the capris from JCP, though, and that they're similar to Cathe's. (As long as they don't look like the 'Sweaty Knee' capris that is, haha)!! Oh ya, that was in Pump not HiiT!!/Yes, I usually wear ball caps on my walk (to match my outfit, remember? LOL). I don't have any of those SPF caps but I THINK I saw some at TJ a few months ago and were very reasonably priced (at least next to Amazon). If it wasn't at TJ, then it was at Marshall's. I wear Nike/Adidas/Hind/UA visors more often than full ball caps in the summer, though. ETA: Actually, I do wear full ball caps when hiking (tick phobia) and when I'm driving my Miata, so I don't end up with hair like Phyllis Diller, LOL! Yesterday I needed a wrist sweat band, though, big time!!! Time to bring those out again!

ASAS, great to see you pop in and glad everything's well! You'll get back to it, I'm sure.

I see Liz felt compelled to check in, LOL, (good to see you, lady!); now where is Jane??? Hope all is well.

ETA: Jane, good to see you and glad this week was better than last! Sounds rough. Hormones can be brutal!! :/

Waves to all~~~~

Have a great evening. Stay cool, everyone!!
Old 06-20-22, 08:17 PM  
bex

I have to take back what I said LizEMA. I still love reading your updates (and I'm waiting to find out the total count of your knickers...) But your description of FUEL Day 1 is so intimidating, it's put me off attempting it.

If I get through today's horrible meeting in one piece, I might try it tonight - my way. Which means I'll give myself permission to half-ass any part or even all of it. Then I'll have done it once and I'll see if it's within my current level or not.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-22, 10:12 AM  
T2B

ASAS - good to see you! Hi!

AMD - the clothes at TJ Maxx are pretty picked over, unless I get there early on a day that they get their weekly inventory. Thanks for the hat info. Hope you’re staying cool. The other day I was going to the basement to do my workout and dropped my iPhone. It tumbled down, on my hard basement stairs, to the bottom of the steps. I was saying the s word the whole time (thankfully protected by the case). So later went to Wal-Mart and bought 2 pairs of their Athletic Works capris with pockets. I had on pocketless capris so my justification was that I needed at least 2 more pairs so that I can be hands free when going to the basement (I like the AW brand).

Liz - you crack me up. You’re in good company here.

Bex - I hope your meeting went better than expected today. It’s great that you have friends that you can lean on and are still keeping up with your awesome yoga practice. What a blessing that you are able to share your workouts via zoom.

Waves!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 07:34 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Just wanted to check in to say I’ve been a little out of commission. I felt good for a few days but I ended up with an infection and am starting antibiotics. I’m just feeling off and hoping to feel like myself in a week or so

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-22, 11:16 AM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Math Teacher, best wishes for a beautiful wedding celebration for your DD!!
It was beautiful day. She was the happiest bride I have ever seen.

They had Tacos 4 Life cater the meal. T4L partners with Feed My Hungry Children. Meals are sent to 70 countries around the world. That night provided 90 meals.

Old 06-24-22, 11:33 AM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, thanks for the explanation...I guess I assumed you found most of your exercise wear at TJ. It does help when you don't have an actual full time job and can go there more often to find these bargains, LOL! Thanks for the 'heads up' of the AW brand at Walmart..I didn't even think to check there! I did, however, find a really cute sundress in the Jr dept a few weeks ago!/ Glad your iPhone was unscathed after the tumble and wasn't scratched! It's pretty new, IIRC? Of course! in my mind as well, that definitely calls for new pocketed capris!! Duh! ETA: glad you liked Top Gun too! It was so good to get back to the theatre again!!

Jane, sorry about your rough month!! I hope the meds kick in and you get to feeling better very soon! Thanks for letting us know.

Math Teacher, glad her day went so great. Now you can breathe a sigh of relief! That sounds so awesome about the meal idea to feed hungry children. Love that idea!

ETA: Bex, congrats on 86 straight days of yoga bliss!! Awesomeness!!

I'm so glad I haven't been having any 500 error issues this month! Now of course, I probably just jinxed myself!

Waves to all~~~ TGIF & Happy Weekend!! ~~~

Tags
just the workouts