Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-22, 08:47 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Helen: Good for you taking some of those well earned and deserved days off. Nothing wrong with that. On several occasions with dh's accumulation of days, they gave them to people who needed them. (i.e. one co worker had cancer and was out for quite some time, etc. etc.) so he donated all his time for that and started re accumulating. Lucky for us? he never needed them. But I totally understand. Your dedication to get through all the cathes is incredible. I'd have such a huge dread factor. And you know what they say: it's not how heavy you go, it's the fact that you "go". (Showed up, did it, etc.!!!)

Lili: I hate when workouts feel me leaving that way. but you got it done. (at least something!!!!!) Today's a new day. Pick something fun! (another reason I hate picking workouts on Peloton that i might not like.) Oh and this boxing badge? Different than the program badge. I could NOT finish the program. This was only 90 mins. of shadow boxing in an "xx" amount of day time period (I think it was 5 or 7, but I started late forgetting about it, so had to cram it in over 3 days !!!! So no badge heroics here. I'm done with Peloton's shadow boxing.)

ON to me, me and all me:

2/7/2022: Shadow Boxing (20 mins) :: insert vomit emoji here :: and then 45 minutes of Power Zone Endurance with Christine. Good music! Great ride! nice even sweat, nothing too bad on the pedals (zones 2 & 3) so It was a great finish to the workout

2/8/2022: Rowed 15 mins. (Drive - with Mike - a "Commit to Fit" row - this is for a badge and I loved how he kept telling me the workout counts. The workout counts. I worry when I do the 15 mins. workouts that they don't count.) Followed by my LAST Peloton 20 mins. Shadow Boxing workout. DONE DONE DONE and badge EARNED.... then .... I came home after work and my Cathe order had arrived ** so I did KCM's Box Step (now she knows how to do sides evenly) 30 mins. Cathe's Loops & Bands standing legwork (cut it short when she dropped to the floor) and 10 mins. rebounder (Good Morning Low Intensity with Ripped with Ripkens. It was PERFECT!!! - no countdown timer though.)

** did an order with cathe dot com. I wanted the TALL bands and I got pink boxing gloves (don't ask me why) ... and used them with my KCM Box fit. I like KCM for kickboxing and the gloves added a bit to it. (and my hands got kinda sweaty). Interesting though, sure can't pick/lift, move anything once those boxing gloves are on. Wasn't even sure how I'd tighten the wristband on the second one. Then thought of the "Saran Wrap Ball" game (Christmas game) and how great it would be to wear a boxing glove on the dominant hand while playing (instead of an oven mitt). Ha! (Search You tube for "Saran Wrap Ball Game" it is a true hoot - we did it at our Christmas party this year.!!!!!) anyway ... Was wondering if my arms would be noodley this a.m. from using the extra weight (they are not. But I feel them nicely worked.)

Moving right along. Step bet and power zone challenge end this week. YAY. On to whatever workouts I want for 4 weeks. I am doing the Commit to Fit challenge for Hydrow. They just want me to stay consistent.

Lots of Peloton news. Nothing surprising. always following. In my "real life" circles, I'm the only one with a Peloton (who uses it the way I do) ... so everyone feels the need to mention it to me. It's ok, I don't mind.

And that's a wrap.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-22, 09:04 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Disney Rides/runs, etc

Lili (and anyone else reading). . . Don't know if you are aware of this, but Pelobuddy listed all the Peloton Disney stuff. Here's a link:

https://www.pelobuddy.com/peloton-di...4YWG3SYt7_CEzM

(always looking for fun rides!)

Enjoy.
Old 02-09-22, 02:03 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - It's funny you should send me that link, since I just did a Disney Barre workout yesterday! I am planning on spinning today, so I will probably try one from the list. Thanks!

2/8 - dog walk
an episode of Unplugged (Margaret Richards)
20 Min. Disney Barre w/ Ally Love

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 02:35 AM  
Helen

Thursday afternoon.

Tuesday - nothing but a short dog walk, sent home by rain, then snowed under with work, which was WHY I decided to take the Wednesday off - and WORKED 10 (TEN!) hours getting caught up on the backlog of beinning-of-year administration, as well as many of the tougher maths questions for my super-top class.

Wednesday - ALSO nothing but a dog walk, and again - not for very long.
BUT had some good news from both girls on the same day - one has been asked to present her honours thesis at a conference in Sweden & the other landed her first real job (not hospo) at Earnst & Young on a very healthy salary AND was offered a scholarship to finish her double Science/Maths degree at Sydney uni (closer to home). So even though it was a solid work day, it was a good day.

So now it's Thursday evening. Was 35C (95F) & ~70% today. Came home & hit the couch & napped for an hour. Talking all day in a mask, in the heat, is exhausting. Our rooms don't have a/c, just ceiling fans & open windows.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 11:26 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - What wonderful news about both girls! Your pride shines through!
Cleda - I forwarded your link to my daughter, she has a Peloton bike and is a HUGE Disney fan. We did our first half marathon together at Dinsey World.

2/9 - dog walk
15 Min. Fat Burning Walk from Jessica's Walk On 15 something DVD from the library.
30 Min. Disney Ride w/ Kendall Toole
5 Min. Post Ride Stretch w/ Hannah F.

My only problem with the Disney workouts, they usually play the newer things that I'm not familiar with. The ones my kids grew up with are older than their instructors! I still enjoy them.

Old 02-11-22, 05:29 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliMagill View Post

My only problem with the Disney workouts, they usually play the newer things that I'm not familiar with. The ones my kids grew up with are older than their instructors! I still enjoy them.
Oh boy !!!! If this didn't ring true for me. (I do know that one of Bradley Rose's Disney ride is delightful. He does songs I was familiar with. I can't find it now (will look later - no time as I have to post and get off to exercise!!!!)

Helen: How proud you are of the girls. And rightly so. That's wonderful, wonderful news.

Gotta post and run. It's a "work friday" so no rest for the weary!!

2/9/2022: Row 20 mins, Cool Down row 5 mins, 30 mins. Power zone endurance
with Matt, 30 mins. Abba Ride with Erik (all in German, but the music was in English and there was subtitles! ) 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch, 10 mins. Crush Your Core Program workout 1 with Emma, 10 mins. Light Arms & weights with Sam Yo.

2/10/2022: 45 mins Power Zone Endurance ride with Matt (the long intervals of zone 3 were 8 mins, 10 mins, and 8 mins. This put me in my happy place! My kind of ride. It was WONDERFUL!!!!) 5 mins. cool down ride with Bradley Rose. (He just makes me so happy. Such a great way and positive way as well to start my day!), 5 mins. Post ride stretch with matt and then Day #2 5 mins. of Crush Your Core Program with Emma

I did in fact start the Crush Your Core program #2 with Emma Lovewell. I did like her Crush your core program #1 (and of course, there is a badge involved!). I like her core stuff. A lot is pilates infused and I don't feel it's as rushed and frantic as some workouts can be (on Peloton!) It's only 4 weeks long, 18 classes, so I'm good with that. We'll see. Remind me when I'm whining in 3 weeks. lol

That's it for now. Have to go hit the rower. My challenge awaits me.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 02-11-22, 11:42 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/10 - dog walk
Premix #3 from Cathe's Boss Loops Glutes & Core (the shorter bands)
15 Min. Stretches for Seniors from Silver Sneakers - I know I need more stretching, but I felt like I should be in a Senior Center doing this! Seated, nothing great, boring.

Old 02-12-22, 01:32 AM  
Helen

Venting drive-by:

Nothing from me lately - Haven't had the best week past - fell into a slump as DH went back the farm last Saturday - he's itching to finish the room he's been working on. But, on a positive note, he's planned fitting the room out so there's workout space for me in it - gave me dimensions and it's a similar area to where I am now. Usually I don't jump out there, as there's been nowhere to DO it - apart from walk/jog stuff down the dirt road covered in sharp rocks - or around the paddocks & spend the next hour picking burrs out of Alice's coat.

Also, it's rained most of the week, so even the duration of dog walks has been an issue - keeping close to home, & sent back with showers coming through.

Big sigh.... as soon as I finish here, have to go & work (NOT work-OUT) in the gym - accidentally left the balcony door open & rain poured in. Lifted the puzzle mats to dry out, towels down, stuff everywhere!

Even buddy dipped out on me today - she's not feeling well, but that does give me time to deal with the gym more thoroughly than I otherwise would have.

Sorry for the negativity - and listen .... oh, would that be another rain shower? (sigh)

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-12-22, 04:02 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - You are always welcome to vent here! Too many cloudy days bring my mood down, so you have had plenty of justification. Hope things turn around soon.

2/11 - dog walk
30 Min. Low Impact Ride w/ Jenn Sherman
30 Min. Walk & Run with Joslyn
10 Min. Post Run Stretch with Joslyn

Old 02-12-22, 06:55 PM  
Helen

Thank you Lili

Having to deal with the gym yesterday - ended cleaning everything quite thoroughly so it's feeling lovely up there. I'm hoping today is better myself - woke up to "clearing showers" which should be REALLY be cleared by this afternoon.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.