Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-09-22, 01:13 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

I continue to be in awe of the workouts you guys do!

manleym - There have been a few fun meetups with my groups. There are two scheduled for this week that I may have to miss due to a toothache. I see an endodontist tomorrow. I may have to have a root canal. Yikes!

I have been trying assorted YouTube workouts that I read about in threads here. Nothing that I found amazing yet.

I think I'm going to re-buy P90X. I'm enjoying band workouts and it has options for those. I didn't get to take the set when I moved. I had an original set that was autographed by Tony. I only like the weight workouts. Not crazy about Tony's cardio or yoga.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 01:55 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Darn 500 error! Gonna try to shorten my post. A struggle, but I will try.

Yesterday was CL #95 total body with bands. Again, with similar barre exercises. That's what I get for picking and choosing among the Cathe Lives--I end up doing similar workouts each day. #95 was loooong and I didn't use the barbell, but as far as I could tell, my total weight was similar to Cathe. I wish she had given a total weight (including the barbell) for the earlier workouts so I have some guidance. It's not helpful to say "big plate" when I don't know what that means to her or whether she is using that tiny 5 pound barbell. Anyhow I managed with what I used and I think she realized that she needed to be more descriptive with her weight selection.

Waving to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 01:56 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Part 2...

I'm going to start the Cathe August rotation tomorrow. I think I am slightly fried from yesterday's 73 minute total body workout so I'll do some cardio today. I am actually preparing for the rotation. Does anyone else have to print it and write what series the workout is from? Otherwise I will be ready to go and realize I have no idea what workout I'm "supposed" to be doing! I will probably sub in some other choices (I just did Pyramid Pump upper body so I'll probably do the original Pyramid Upper Body minus the pikes on the ball).

bee, when will you start the rotation? Oh, and DH is mailing your DVD as I write this since he has some errands to run. I may have overdone it with the packing, but I am always concerned that DVDs will get crushed in the mail.

TeenW, ugh on the dental issues. DH has some gum issues, so he has been to the endodontist several times recently. No fun!

Mickey12, have fun on your trip! I know from experience that August in central FL is hotter than you know what, but you will have a good time!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 05:29 PM  
lavna

VVfer and cataddict: on the dental problems.

I don't like going to the dentist. I have a problem with trust. It's hard to know if the treatments they're recommending are essentials or only "nice to have". And it's sooo expensive! I tend to get a little maniacal with my teeth in the hope of avoiding future problems. Unfortunatly, sometime, they can't be avoided.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 07:52 AM  
ChelePA

Quick check in. My sister is on staycation this week so we’ve been trying to spend some quality time together. She works so much. We are headed to our favorite quiche cafe this morning for breakfast.

Yesterday 20 minutes standing core +10 minutes arms and lightweights.

Today 10 minutes core +20 minutes upper body push-pull class. Finished with 10 minutes of flow yoga focusing on sun salutations.

Probably going to tackle lawn max later this afternoon.

Happy Wednesday!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 11:23 AM  
Mickey12

Alta, have you thought about P90X3 or Power90 that Tony refilmed a few years ago? I have both on DVD but haven't looked to see if they have band substitutions in the workouts. Both sets have workouts around 30 minutes in length instead of an hour like P90X. Just a thought.
Old 08-10-22, 12:21 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Ones!

Kim, are you back from vacation?

Vintage, bummer about your tooth ache -- that can be miserably fatiguing, right? Ug, hope it's not too horrible and quickly remedied. lavna, I know what you mean about that "dental upsell" -- so annoying! I finally found a dentist who doesn't do that. He specializes in prosthetics and the like, and he's quite good at it, so maybe he makes enough money through that.

Chele, so nice that you have time with your sister! I had such a great time with my sister a couple of weeks ago.

cataddict, I started the rotation Monday with Boot Camp Circuit -- that's a good idea about printing it out and writing in the clues for how to find it. What I typically do is look the night before at what the workout will be and figure it out then. Might be nice to be slightly more prepared!! Yesterday I did Pyramid Pump lower and wow did Cathe slay me! Her workouts are definitely different than Caroline's for me -- because of the frequent breaks with Caroline's, I'm not used to the nonstop action with Cathe. My heart rate was so high and I did not feel great. Today (Pyramid Pump Upper) was much better -- heart rate wasn't so crazy and I also liked the way she supersetted things. I'm not sure if I'll do cardio party tomorrow or the live version. I do enjoy the dvd, even if it is on the easier side.

Oh my, I have had this window open a good hour.... probably have missed some posts in the meantime. Waves all around!!
Old 08-10-22, 06:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello all!!

Yesterday was Pure Barre Pure Results Feature Focus Abs. It uses the double tubing which, while I have asked for one for my bday, I also figured out how to rig some regular tubing that I have which worked great! This one is my favorite of the Pure Results series and I figured out why...the instructor is ON THE BEAT, always, whereas on the other ones, sometimes they get off the music/miss counts. She's also very pleasant in demeanor and gracefully encouraging and just excels all the way around.

Today was CL 096 Cardio Boxing Plus Plyo Legs. EXCELLENT and really packed a cardio punch in its 42 minutes. FN2, Cathe says this one is shorter to make up for 'last week' which is the very long one you did.

I'd join you all for her current rotation if I weren't just so dang into barre right now, sigh.

Vvfer, I like Kim's suggestion but maybe you need to acquire both P90X and the newer set, hah hah hah!! I hope the teeth issues get remedied quickly, ug.

And don't get me started on the dental 'upsell' Nathalie and Bee. I have an intense miserable fear of the dentist due to severe sensitivity and other issues and absolutely DREAD going every. single. time.

ChelePA, hope breakfast was good!

Stay fierce, my friends!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 10:45 AM  
lavna

Hello all!

bee: you're lucky to have been able to keep a window open for an hour without getting the 500 error!

bee: I'm finding that when I go back to doing Cathe's workouts, I find myself breathing hard and having a hard time keeping up. Those breaks make a big difference even though, I often find myself out of breath with Caroline's workouts.

Chele: enjoy your time with your sister!

Yesterday was day 7 - Flaming legs. Lots of unilateral work and bulgarian lunges! It was hard but luckily, I'm not too sore today! And totday was day 8 - Back and biceps. Lots of one arm rows and renegade rows. At least, the renegades were on one side at a time so it was much easier on my hands. I'm also feeling it in my shoulders.

Have a good day Watulans!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 12:41 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Alta, have you thought about P90X3 or Power90 that Tony refilmed a few years ago? I have both on DVD but haven't looked to see if they have band substitutions in the workouts. Both sets have workouts around 30 minutes in length instead of an hour like P90X. Just a thought.
I had both of those sets and they didn't appeal to me. (It has been so long I actually forget why by now!)

With my guppy posts, I never get the 500 error.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in