Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-08-22, 12:22 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Dana, thank you! That is a great sales pitch! Apple would be proud. You have me seriously considering getting one. It’s a pricey investment, but I also love tech and think that kind of tool could be very motivating. I tried my walking/reading on the treadmill routine with my phone tucked into my waistband with my shirt trying to hold it up. It didn’t go well. I hate working out with my phone on me, so the watch might be perfect. I don’t think I would need a data plan because my phone would be nearby all the time.

Donna, I’m sorry your back is giving you fits. That sounds frustrating.

Carol, good job on your workouts!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 08:26 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS S11E2 Posture - 23min
PBL UB with Band - 22min
PBL H.E.A.T Abdominal Magic Circle - 19min

PBL UB with Band was a killer but enjoyable. I'm sure I'm going to feel it later today.

The H.E.A.T Abs Magic Circle was a weird one and had a totally different format than Lisa's other classes. First of all, it had a voice over, timer and this very jarring beep (x3) at the end of each exercise. I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard it the first time and then dreaded it when the end of the exercise was approaching. This was my first H.E.A.T class so I don't know if they all follow the same format but I hope not. Even though the moves were effective, I am not going to be a fan of H.E.A.T program if all classes are like that.

Donna, sorry to hear about your back. For me it seems to be the opposite and I think doing pilates all last week had actually helped my back, especially consistent abs work. Doing CS is also helping me.

Carol, good luck with teacher's orientation. Glad to hear that pilates is making you feel better just like it does me.

Brenda, while my AW4 has the cellular option, I don't have or pay extra for that feature. I have a 4 story home and if I happen to leave my iPhone on another floor and my phone rings, I still can answer it on my watch several feet away without having my iPhone nearby. I think it has something like 33' wireless range. I find it handy since I don't carry my iPhone with me from room to room.

Rainy day here today, just the way I like it. Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 08-08-22, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Essentrics Live- From 7/26 w/ Amanda - this was for lower body.

Later today I plan to get in Jessica's leg routine - it is short - and I skip the pistol squats () so probably at lunch I'll do that and maybe a walk after work.

I think it is the spinal articulation and crunching in Pilates that is not great for me. I think I need to keep the range shorter and cut down on the reps. There are some parts of Pilates that work for me and some that don't! It can also be that I aggravated something w/ my cleaning projects. Either way I'm just going to be mindful about those movements in Pilates.

I enjoyed my CS Essentrics today!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 10:11 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Here's something interesting I've learned today. So, a while back I posted that I got a Whitings scale that tells me weight, water, muscle, bone mass etc. I take the accuracy of these measurements with a grain of salt BUT, after a week of basically CS, Ellen and pilates and no real strength training I've decided to step on a scale today as I do every Monday, and see what happened. My weight and other measurements remained steady, but I lost some muscle and bone mass. Both of these numbers were very steady over the past 6-weeks or so, but all of a sudden there is a drop week-over-week in bone and muscle percentage. Nothing else. Accurate or not, I'm adding some heavier strength training workouts to my routine just in case.
Old 08-08-22, 06:14 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Take It Outdoors: Everything Circuits 1/31/22 with Aileen - 30 minutes

I just couldn't face Jessica's leg workout - I could tell it was going to be more than I wanted to do and I didn't even know about the pistol squats. For some reason I'm super tired today. I think I didn't sleep very well last night.

Aileen's workout was filmed on the beach in Malibu, CA - it was lovely, of course. You could hear & see the waves in the background. Not my favorite Silver & Fit workout, but it wasn't bad. Aileen used resistance tubing or the strength portion, which was interspersed with some "cardio flushes".

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 08:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on at lunch and after work:

Jessica Valent's - Power Leg (or whatever it is called!) 15 min of body weight exercises, including pistol squats which I skipped.

Lucy's Walk in Venice - part 1 - this is a nice little "walk" to do - nice scenery, not too hard, good for just getting some movement in.

Today, so far, has been:

Body Kind Fitness - Do this Every Morning to Lose Weight - this was a 40 min cardio routine - 15 sec of walking/jogging followed by 45 seconds of a cardio/cardio-tone move. I enjoyed it. It is one of those music only videos that is popular on You Tube right now. The time went by quickly, it wasn't too hard or too easy and I got 4300 steps - I pulled out my step counter this morning for laughs.

Carol - the Jessica leg workout is a bit of a slog - it isn't fun - it does go by fast. She does use that move where you get off the floor w/out your hands - that seems to be a popular one! Wednesday's workout looks a bit scary....I am already thinking of what I can do instead!

Dana - that is interesting, since you are using the same scale, there is probably some truth to it...provided nothing else changed. I think as we get older we just lose muscle and bone faster. It is hard for me to swallow b/c my least favorite form of exercise is strength training, but that is what I think I need most. 2X a week sounds reasonable.

Waves, Brenda!

Donna
Old 08-09-22, 06:44 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith Low-Impact HIIT

I have an Apple Watch SE arriving tomorrow, along with a couple of bands from Amazon coming soon.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 06:54 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Heather - 8/9/22 - 30 minutes;
This was a step workout led by a new-to-me instructor. I got plenty sweaty and managed to even use my step without hurting myself. Not very complicated , but a nice change of pace.

Pilates by Lisa - Fast & Firm Butt Workout - 15 minutes
Typical PBL workout - a lot of reps and variation packed into a short period of time.

Brenda - Let us know about that Apple watch. Woohoo! A new tool.

Donna - Nice workouts!

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 07:19 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS S11E3 - Weight Loss - 24min. I really enjoyed this episode. Miranda added some nice ab work at the end. I'm keeping CS for at least another month.

Unfortunately, that's all I have time for this morning. I woke up late (for me) and I have to go to the office. I think after over 1.5 years of sharing the house with Oliver, we may have turned over a new leaf. For the past 2 nights, he doesn't climb on top of me at 4am demanding a hug, but rather, I find him curled up sound asleep at the foot of the bed and this allows me to sleep until 6am or so. Let's hope this continues. I think Oliver is finally feeling secure that he is in his own home and won't be abandoned ever again.

Brenda, congrats on getting AW SE. My husband has this one and really likes it. I hope you enjoy it too.

Waves to Carol and Donna!
Old 08-10-22, 08:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did add on:

LWR - an 8 min standing core
Essentrics Live - w/ Gail from 7/27

Today, so far:

Essentrics Live w/ Meg from 7/28 - just the standing and barre - may squeeze floor in later. I really like Meg as an instructor.

I plan to do something else later- maybe Jessica's weight workout - or not (it doesn't look fun!) and maybe a LWR walk....

we shall see!

Carol - I saw that Silver & Fit yesterday it is one I want to try - I think Adita (is that her name?) filmed an advanced strength yesterday that I may do today in lieu of Jessica's, I'll see how it goes.

Dana - that is sweet about Oliver. I think I also solved some of my sleep problems w/ Bailey, my Lab. I am leaving a light on for her at night - and she slept through the night and didn't wake me up. I was thinking she was waking me b/c she had to go out - but I think at least some of it is b/c of the dark. She sleeps like a baby all day - but at night is restless - so we thought it may be the dark and it may have been b/c leaving the light on last night worked - or it was a coincidence - we'll see tonight.

Brenda - enjoy your new toy!!

Waves, everyone,

Donna