Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-05-22, 01:08 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, great score with all the Cathe equipment!!! Honestly, I can say I don't really need anything!! (Thanks to TJ Maxx and Marshalls!). I did pretty recently though, buy Cathe's stability ball, mat and of course, the bands/loops! Thankfully, I don't need the taller versions!

Hope everyone is off to a good start for February!!

Love all these days lately to melt some of these 11" of snow!! I'm thinking that will happen next week when it reaches the 30's & even 42* one day!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 06:17 PM  
T2B

AMD - I’m happy with my purchases. My current weight gloves are about done, DD is upping her weights (to 8#’s) so wanted to buy her first weight gloves and with Valentine being around the corner, thought I’d surprise her, my 2nd barbell has those clips that you squeeze like a hand grip, lol, so I’ve always wanted to replace those and then I’ve always wanted boxing gloves, and I love Cathe logo stuff so took advantage of the 20%off. I bought Cathe’s yoga mat for DD, as a Christmas gift. Her favorite color is yellow, so bought the blue/yellow yoga mat. She loves it! I want to eventually buy Cathe’s step mat but I can get that through Amazon Prime. More info than you wanted, I’m sure. . Yes, the sun is out and it should be above freezing every day this coming week! Yeah! The snow was beautiful, and our first big snow storm since January 2019 but I don’t want any more snow this season! I went out today for the first time since Tuesday and came home and had to shovel again to clear some of the street in my back up lane. The neighborhood snow removal crew cleared one narrow lane and the rest is mushy snow that you’ll get stuck in if you stop for any reason.

Liz & Chrys - Hope you both are doing well. Liz, come back and post your workouts, don’t feel like you have to chat!

AsSweet - I’m almost done with my STS/LIS rotation. Are you still interested in the Chisel/Beast rotation? I think I’m going to start between Feb 17th - 21st, for 1 month. I want to do another XTrain rotation before I start hitting my summer slump so I want to start XTrain by March 21st! .

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 06:33 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, congrats in your purchase! I got the email and I was so tempted, all the gloves are so cute! I don't need anything thought, I have most items already, but I love the cute colors and print. Yes, I am still interested, I wasn't sure I wanted to do a full rotation, so it sounds about right with me, let's do this! Congrats in your current rotation WTG, I am impressed with your determination, it is a long rotation, but you make it sound fun!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 11:35 AM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
T2B, congrats in your purchase! I got the email and I was so tempted, all the gloves are so cute! I don't need anything thought, I have most items already, but I love the cute colors and print. Yes, I am still interested, I wasn't sure I wanted to do a full rotation, so it sounds about right with me, let's do this! Congrats in your current rotation WTG, I am impressed with your determination, it is a long rotation, but you make it sound fun!
I’m happy you’ll be doing H&C with me! I looked at your rotation this morning and I like it way better than the official rotation. I will be subbing cardio workouts and I like that your rotation has mobility/stretch workouts built into the rotation. I will definitely do the main workouts. I looked at my worksheets and I did a short H&C rotation in 2016 and haven’t touched H&C since that time. I’m excited to get started.

I’ve enjoyed STS/LIS but I’m definitely ready to move on. This last week is kind of easy, the hardest thing is a Plyo legs workout. I may double up some of the workouts so that I can relax a few days before starting H&C.

Happy Sunday everyone!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 02-07-22, 02:56 AM  
LizEMA

Late to the party again, but I'm back for another round with everyone if you guys don't mind.

Still fighting for consistency, but, January, February and even March, to some extent, are, historically, my "hurdle" months. I ALWAYS seem to have a hard time during them with staying on the exercise horse. Every year, I fight fight FIGHT to keep going, and I am just happy to get ANY WO in. So, that's where I am right now -- grateful to be getting anything in and SO happy doing it.
(I started getting the internal 500 error when I tried to update my WOs for the last week of January or post, then I got frustrated and just stopped trying.)

1 -
2 - Total Body Circuit (377), 46 mins.
3 -
4 - CL Metabolic Circuit (321), 47 mins. Awesome WO. I felt amazing afterwards. This is such a great UB focused WO.
5 -
6 - NYE Countdown (376), 28 mins + KB Xpress (358), 35 mins. This was a SUPER fun WO and such a great combo! I have been waiting to do it since Cathe released it over a month ago, and, my heavy bag has been hanging for a WEEK in anticipation of me doing it. I'm glad to have done this just to finally get to take my bag down! LOL
The NYE WO was SUPER fun and just went by SO fast! It was NOT HIIT, as Cathe infers it to be in her write up of the WO, but it WAS a good cardio WO.
7 -
Old 02-08-22, 05:41 PM  
AnMrsDe

Liz, great to see you back for Feb.!

T2B, I loved reading about your purchases! Let us know how your DD reacts when she gets them for VD! Enjoy your last week of STS/LIS!! Well done, my friend!

ASAS, hope you feel better soon!

Elsie, your yoga "snack" workout made me chuckle! How is the packing coming along?

Some of you haven't posted yet this month. Hope everyone is ok and just busy!

Have a good week! ~~~Waves~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 12:39 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

AMD, thank you // Glad your insurance will cover the fix! Dentist here can be very expensive! I always say if I could go to my home country every year I would do all my stuff there, cleaning in a private clinic was $30 when I left, here it us around $200

T2B, I am excited too! To be honest I think I never tried the set before, I loved the workouts upon preview, but I think I was in another rotation at the time. Geez, time past so fast!

Liz, glad to see you back!

Waves to all!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 12:46 PM  
T2B

ASAS - so I think I can start next Tuesday. Not sure I’m going to take a recovery week, I may just take extra rest days, on cardio days, if I feel like I need to, for now. When do you think you’ll start? The comment about thinking you had done H&C made me smile. I can so relate.

AMD - DD loves her gloves, they are so cute… Everything is so cute, the red barbell clips make my barbell pop,

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Old 02-11-22, 05:08 AM  
Elsie

Nice to "see" Everyone!!!

AMD, moving & packing is busy. Not a lot of time for anything else, yet I'm afraid it's going too slowly. Selling/giving away furniture etc was slowing down for a bit, but has picked up again. It's time-consuming dealing with people, not bothering to show up etc. I am sick of sorting books! FIL had libraries full of books. So there's my packing groaning. Lol. How are your feet troubles now? You have been so consistent with the Cathe mobility routine!!
ASAS, hope you're feel better soon!!
Math Teacher, have a blast at the concert!
T2B, Yay! On your DD loving the Cathe gloves!! It's awesome that you both enjoy the same activities. Tell us what you think of everything else when you get to try it all out! Is H&C Hammer and Chisel? Looks like a thorough program! It's another program that I had the downloads of, but when my old laptop died 7 years back it went with it. I'm gonna have to "revive" it before our move. Lol.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 09:46 AM  
T2B

Elsie - DD exercises but she likes yoga, Pilates, intermediate strength w/o’s, all YT content, 30 minutes a day is her max. If she does DVD workouts, it’s always Jillian’s Body Revolution set. She’ll do Cathe maybe once a year. She is very aware of the importance of exercise for physical and mental health. Of all her friends, she is the only one that exercises. She’ll tag along with me for walking, bowling, shopping, etc, but I think it’s more that she thinks I’m going to have fun without her. Yes, Hammer & Chisel.

ASAS - hope you’re feeling better and have kicked that cold to the curb.

AMD - hope your Mom is feeling better. Any big plans this weekend? Please tell me how you strengthened your wrists/forearms to hold 25# dumbbells. I picked up a couple of 25# dbs a few weeks ago (just to see if I was ready for these) and I thought my wrists were going to stretch to my feet like a cartoon character. It just felt so heavy. I use a 30# kb for plié squats so not sure why the 25# dbs felt so heavy.

Jane - hope all is well with you and that you’re just busy!

Chrys - hi

Happy Friday everyone!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Tags
just the workouts