Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-21, 10:47 AM  
jackie7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
I've been learning/practicing step aerobics lately and finally got around to trying two classic routines for beginners from Keli Roberts, namely Cher's A New Attitude and Ultimate Step Aerobics. I don't know what it was/is, but I just couldn't get Keli's cues, and much as I've enjoyed her foam roller workout (editing was lousy though) and some of her older core workout stuff, I Joni O'd the step routines that I was streaming from YouTube. I'm sticking with Gin Miller, Gilad and Kathy Kaehler. Maybe I will gather up the courage to try Karen Voight and (easy) Kari Anderson, and continue to tolerate Kathy Smith.

I love this workout!
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 09:42 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Clubz: Recovery 1 (24 min.). It wasn't a recovery workout, it was a workout with burpees and all! I liked it, and it was totally low impact, it does move slower than cardio and power workout.

Bosu MMA Fighter Fit: Beginner wo (20 min). FF was ok for a light day workout, I would have enjoyed it more if he didn't keep asking "you like it, you love it"? (almost after every exercise), and the backgrounders replied "we love it"! I thought it was ridiculous, and I am not easy bothered, I might do it again though as liked some of the exercises, and got a nice sweat going.

Clubz: Power Phase 1 (30 min.). It was good and tough! I have been sore in new places, even my forearms! My favorite part was segment 3, the exercises were fun to do, segment 1 was good, segment 3 was the hardest (I though my heart was going to get out of my chest!), I felt the burn all throughout, wow!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 02:56 PM  
windyh
VF Supporter

TBM Super Sculpting II. I just acquired this one, Fat Free and Dancer's Body. I thought it would be too tough but tried it yesterday and it is PERFECT.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 10:17 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Clubz: Abz City. Yesterday I did Recovery 1 again, and wanted to add a quick abs workout afterwards, I thought this one was 10 minutes, I was wrong! It was 20 minutes long, I liked it though. These clubz workouts has gave me hamstrings DOMS, I had to dust my foam roller the other day and massage those hammies.

Urban Rebounding Comp #3: Kick Bound. I got this one today (used copy), and I thought to try it right away, I read somewhere that Kick Bound was one of the easiest in this compilation, well it didn't feel that easy to me!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 06-23-21, 12:11 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Recently tried workouts:

Clubz: Power Phase 2 & Cardio Phase 3. PP2 was another tough workout. CP3, was pretty good, it included a lot of exercises I like, and 0 jumping lunges, yay!

Masala Bhangra: Bar Bhangra. I loved BB.

Old 07-03-21, 06:25 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I have now done every workout from the Clubz set (4 cardio, 4 power, 2 recovery and the abs workout), Power Phase 4 was the hardest for me, segment 1 & 3 were repeated so it added to the dread, next time I will skip segment 3. Overall I liked the workouts, some more than others, based in the sweatfactor, they are great calory burners. PP4 was the only one that had the same segment repeated within the same workout.

Another recent try was Masala Bhangra Back 2 Bollywood. I had the impression that this one had more basic step, than the ones I have tried previously, so it burned my shoulders like crazy, nice energy though, and I liked the steps.

Old 07-08-21, 02:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

James D'Silva "The Stretch Segment" from the DVD "Cardio Dance Flow" by Trudie Styler and James D'Silva.

This uses a foam roller. i'd done the Cardio Dance Segment about 4 years ago () but had never done the stretch segment. By the way, the label of this DVD does not mention that you need a foam roller for this segment. James does this segment alone. it is REALLY good. i recommend it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 03:16 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bzar, I bought this dvd for the foam roller segment, I it! It is my favorite foam roller routine. I did tried the Cardio Dance portion and I liked it. I also like Trudie and James Pilates workout, it feels stretchy and therapeutic, it is a feel good workout.

Old 07-08-21, 11:42 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did a few sections of Rebekah Rotstein's Pilates for Buff Bones. It was pretty good but will have to try the rest to make a more educated decision on whether to keep.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 12:07 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I did a few sections of Rebekah Rotstein's Pilates for Buff Bones. It was pretty good but will have to try the rest to make a more educated decision on whether to keep.
i have yet to try the BoneSmart Pilates!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins