Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-21, 11:56 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarraine View Post

HOWEVER, while walking said terrier this morning, I fell on the ice and broke my wrist. So from now on I don't care how antsy she gets. If it's icy I will be quoting Vintage VFer's Oh. Hell. No
I'm so sorry!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 12:25 PM  
Taiga

I have no choice. I'd be housebound for several months if I refused to brave the ice. It does help to balance/bosu train.
icebugs are an option. I personally like a mukluk with a highly flexible sole. I also have cleats and will file the studs to keep them sharp.

lunarraine--so sorry and hope you have speedy healing!
Old 02-24-21, 12:43 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
HOWEVER, while walking said terrier this morning, I fell on the ice and broke my wrist. So from now on I don't care how antsy she gets. If it's icy I will be quoting Vintage VFer's Oh. Hell. No
Oh no, lunarraine! I'm sorry you were injured!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 01:10 PM  
warriorprincess

I don't go outside if it's below 70

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 02:53 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
In a wierd fluke, if I had seen this question yesterday, I'd have said I walk everyday no matter the conditions because my energetic terrier doesn't give me a choice.

I am so sorry about your fall. A few years back while walking with my dog, I fell twice in one walk, and the next day wiped out again. Fortunately I didn't break anything but my head was pretty sore.
Old 02-24-21, 03:02 PM  
Izzy

I have walked the past two mornings at 5:30. I have discovered that some parts of my town the streets are better salted than others. Because it's so early I can keep to the streets but some are icy with the snow melt from the curbs. Because it's still dark I can't see the ice very well but I have noted the spots that are worse than others. I was watching a few people out when I am and they are just walking along like they are not worried about ice at all. I see several joggers and one guy on a bike, others are walking their dogs. I was thinking maybe it's a mental thing. Once you have fallen you are so much more cautious and maybe that leads to slipping. Like watching kids, they just walk on the ice. They don't even think about it being ice.

Like the OP I start to go crazy if I cannot get outside and get fresh air and walk. I can take a good walk when it's as low as 8 degrees. Ice is a big concern but it's warming up and I am ready to resume my routine. I am trying not to fret about it and see if it makes a difference.
Old 02-24-21, 05:52 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
I don't go outside if it's below 70
Same here, lol.
Old 02-24-21, 05:53 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
In a wierd fluke, if I had seen this question yesterday, I'd have said I walk everyday no matter the conditions because my energetic terrier doesn't give me a choice.

So sorry to hear that. I hope it heals soon.
Old 02-25-21, 04:50 AM  
antbuko

Quote:

Oh, man, I'm so sorry! I went right back inside when I detected ice the other morning, and after reading this thread I decided to wait until it's completely dry outside again.
Old 02-25-21, 06:59 AM  
SEV

I actually love Yak Trax. I keep a pair in my car all winter. For me, they are great for ice. They have a new style that is supposed to work on all surfaces, so if the ice is patchy, it won't be a problem. I have no tried that style, so can't say if they actually work.
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold weather, nanospikes, walking, walking boots, walking conditions, yaktrax