Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-22-15, 09:56 PM  
PhyllisG

Fitness favorites Kickbutt/Fitprime

I see Mary has a new Fitness Favorites Kickbutt/Fitprime compilation set listed on new releases. Two disc set with a 6 day rotation for weeks 1 and 2. I thought it might be a nice addition if you don't want the whole series but feel nostalgic at times. Twenty minute workouts. Nice when short on time or just feeling lazy.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 01:28 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Nice! I caved.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 03:45 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Looks interesting!
Old 07-23-15, 03:51 PM  
dianestjohn

I just bought and love the recently-released "Killer Cardio" and "Killer Weights" compendium - love the old Firms! I immediately put this new one on my wish list.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 06:24 PM  
firmaniac

I'm as happy as a clam to get this. I received it on Monday and immediately dug in. My favorite day so far is Week Two Wednesday 'Not So Tough Cardio Dance'. It will be an ideal add-on and also and uplifting lower impact quick cardio day for me. Anna left notes for her KickButt! & FitPrime series to make them into "Parts", and this set really shows her deep understanding of the footage she had. The flow makes sense! I also like the professional male announcer at the beginning of each disc explaining "what the deal is" as the graphics are shown on the screen. This set is just deluxe and marvelous, IMO. I'm liking it as much or more than Killer Weights & Killer Cardio. I wrote a breakdown of each day (Week One Mon-Sat) and Week Two Wed for the Fit Faves facebook page in case you want to peek. I'm so glad to have shorter, stand alone sessions.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 07:03 AM  
PhyllisG

I am just about to order and then started looking at the Killer Weights & Cardio and the 12 Minute ones. Any comments? I think what I especially like about the 6 Day Trainers is that the workouts are 20 minutes so you can add on as you like.
I have been doing a lot of barre, fusion and light weights but would like to add medium weights back into the mix. This looks like a good way to do that. Plus I miss leg presses.
Well she can't ship until Monday so I guess I have the weekend to decide.
Old 07-24-15, 05:22 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I bought a few DVDs recently so it's going on my Wishlist for now but I will be getting it.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 07:03 PM  
firmaniac

Hi Phyllis - the 12 Minute Time Crunch dvds are in the 'Basics to get you started' category of the Classic pre-2001 The FIRM era. Each session is a stand-alone workout (incl. short warmup and final stretch). They incorporate the lovely FIRMinator 10# padded barbell (unloaded) in the Sculpting video, as well as beginner work with the 14 inch and 8 inch step. The Killers are Parts of the WHFN KickButt! and FitPrime series from 2005 and have about 23 or so chapters each but are meant to be full-length sessions. I really got good use out of the 12 Minute Crunchies after certain illness periods and also as fun add-ons. Having that Classic cast, mansion set, and amazing music (used from Super Sculpting & Super Cardio) was nostalgic fun but also good work. The updated website is supposed to be going active within about 48 hours.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 07:52 PM  
PhyllisG

Thanks Julie. I will look forward to the new website.
Old 07-27-15, 03:51 PM  
Denise B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
I'm as happy as a clam to get this. I received it on Monday and immediately dug in...I wrote a breakdown of each day (Week One Mon-Sat) and Week Two Wed for the Fit Faves facebook page in case you want to peek. I'm so glad to have shorter, stand alone sessions.
Hi Julie,

Would you mind posting your breakdowns here as well?

Thanks!
Denise B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime, fitprime killer cardio, fitprime killer weights, fitprime parts, fitprime rotation, kickbutt, the firm