Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-21, 03:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Today I got Men's Health Big Book of Muscle for $.90! I was so excited!

Saw, but did not purchase 10 kettleworx dvds still in shrink wrap.

And a shake weight. I starting giggling very hard in the middle of the thrift store.
Haha... I'd have giggled too.

Garrie, I don't even think I would recognize a Body by Jake if I saw it, lol!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 09:03 AM  
Karla25

I found a mint copy of Ruah Release and a Kathy Smith Project You Yoga/Flex dvd. It was the only one I didn’t have from the Project You set.
Old 07-08-21, 02:25 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I found a mint copy of Ruah Release and a Kathy Smith Project You Yoga/Flex dvd. It was the only one I didn’t have from the Project You set.
i love serendipity stories!

bought today:
David Swenson Practice First Series, $1.59
*2, 7# matching dumbbells, $5.59

*funny story about the dumbbells: this worked out so well because the outer neoprene layers on my 7# DBs are chipping off after having owned it forever. i was in the market for a pair - i was considering buying a pair from Amazon. when i saw these in Savers today, i decided to leave them on the shelf because they were so heavy to carry around, but would return before i checked out. dumb move! i went back to pick them up from the shelf and they were gone!

however, i had this wild "hope" that maybe the customer changed their mind and left it near the register. and i was right! i saw them sitting on a side table on the way to the register. i grabbed them like a little kid.

i'll miss my old 7# pair - i liked the dark green color. these new ones i picked up are bright orange!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 03:08 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i love serendipity stories!

bought today:
David Swenson Practice First Series, $1.59
*2, 7# matching dumbbells, $5.59

*funny story about the dumbbells: this worked out so well because the outer neoprene layers on my 7# DBs are chipping off after having owned it forever. i was in the market for a pair - i was considering buying a pair from Amazon. when i saw these in Savers today, i decided to leave them on the shelf because they were so heavy to carry around, but would return before i checked out. dumb move! i went back to pick them up from the shelf and they were gone!

however, i had this wild "hope" that maybe the customer changed their mind and left it near the register. and i was right! i saw them sitting on a side table on the way to the register. i grabbed them like a little kid.

i'll miss my old 7# pair - i liked the dark green color. these new ones i picked up are bright orange!
The dumbbells were clearly meant to be! (I'm jealous as I only have 5s and 8s. Plus I love orange!)
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 03:10 PM  
fanofladyvols

Lucky ducky bzar! I love orange 🧡

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 03:18 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Great find Bzar, that was smart of you to check around the register! They definitely were waiting for you!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 03:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lucky ducky bzar! I love orange ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
The dumbbells were clearly meant to be! (I'm jealous as I only have 5s and 8s. Plus I love orange!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Great find Bzar, that was smart of you to check around the register! They definitely were waiting for you!
thank you for the votes of support!

i also saw these, but held off until i could do more research:
Yoga Now with Rodney Yee and Mariel Hemingway - 3 separate DVDs Accelerated, 15 min workouts, 30 min Core workout
Laughter Yoga - 2 DVD set by Dr. Madan Kataria
Ear Massage - in Chinese - this looked like a reflexology DVD for your ears
Susan Tuttle Chair Resistance Band DVD
Easy Chair Exercises by "Sunshine" (Sunshine is the name of the instructor) DVD

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 04:48 PM  
Leonana

I found the dark green 7's at Goodwill about a month ago. I was thrilled too! They are old, and have a few small nicks, but the neoprene is still fine.
Old 07-08-21, 05:11 PM  
wendug

I went to a consignment store near me that I have never visited before. Surprisingly, they had a couple of exercise DVD's- The Biggest Loser and stuff I wasn't interested in. However, I was intrigued that they had a 65 pound dumbbell for $20. I ALMOST bought it thinking I could use it for goblet squats, but then I came to my senses and realized it is just too heavy for me!
Old 07-08-21, 06:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wendy, LOL - I think I would have done about the same thing as you with that heavy DB!

Jeannine, how smart of you to think to look near the checkout to see if the DBs were there!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds