Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-21, 01:15 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

There's also Margaret Richard, the Queen of high rep. You could add a few other instructors into your rotation for a change of pace. I love Cathe, but a change is always nice.
Old 06-19-21, 06:51 PM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
There's also Margaret Richard, the Queen of high rep. You could add a few other instructors into your rotation for a change of pace. I love Cathe, but a change is always nice.
For some reason I never clicked with Margaret Richard

I'm still doing my high reps rotation.

I finished Muscle Endurance a couple of weeks ago. Oh my gosh the Leg presses in this workout are so many. I forgotten about it. She starts with Leg press of one set 16 and second set of 12 then half way through the workout another 2 sets of 12 and then later another 2 sets of 12. I think Cathe and her crew were using a 16 inch step with 10# Correct me if I'm wrong. Each raiser is 2 inches and the platform is 4 inches. I used 14 inch step. It's what I usually use when I do leg presses. Great workout but I dreaded those leg presses.

I just finished doing High Reps this week. Love this workout! I love the use of some band work mixed in. Thank goodness there were no leg presses.

Even though all three (Power Hour, Muscle Endurance, High Reps) are all high reps workouts they all felt different and didn't get bored.

I also noticed how much Cathe body physique changed between these workouts. In Power Hour she was a lot more muscular. In High Reps a lot leaner. She looks great either way.

My next and final week of high reps rotation is Maximum Intensity Strength
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 08:30 AM  
fanofladyvols

difit I have some questions about what your rotation.

Do you do one of each of those workouts every other day for a week...like MIS on MWF?

Then are you resting in between days?

Any other workouts in this rotation?

Thanks!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 11:07 AM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by difit View Post
I started last week with Power Hour (MWF). Good grief. The reps seem to go on forever..lol. It started out with squats I swear it just seem to go on forever. The workouts are choreographed to 10 songs for each major muscle group and work to exhaustion and believe me my muscle were exhausted but in a good way.

This week I'm doing Muscle Endurance (MWF)

This is why I only do Power Hour as an upper body workout. There is a HUGE dread factor with the lower body, and I just can't. But I love the upper body parts!
Old 06-20-21, 06:16 PM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
difit I have some questions about what your rotation.

Do you do one of each of those workouts every other day for a week...like MIS on MWF?

Then are you resting in between days?

Any other workouts in this rotation?

Thanks!
fanofladyvols Yes I do the workouts 3x week. I do cardio on Tuesday and Thursday (step or kickboxing or whatever cardio I'm in the mood that day). Saturday I do 45-60 min. of yoga. I also do 10-20 of yoga/stretch after my workouts.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-21, 01:08 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

My hat is off to anyone who can do all of that lower body work in those 4 workouts. Your muscle endurance should be in the stratosphere. Congrats!

Tags
cathe, cathe high reps, endurance, high reps, low weight/high reps