Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-21, 02:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Beth I do remember when I first started that I did get blisters at the top of my palm underneath the two middle fingers. Yep..I forgot.

I have toughened my skin in those spots since January and only have an issue if I forget my jewelry.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 03:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I started the first day of the challenge today! A nice way to ease back into kettlebells. It's been a long time for me, and I'd been missing it....a bit.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 03:13 PM  
Vantreesta

I don't have a problem with blisters with swings but I do sometimes with cleans. Like you guys, I take my rings off for kettlebells (and heavy weights). I remember several years ago when I had a pullup bar I would just do some whenever I went in the basement. Sometimes I wear rings on every finger. NOT recommended for pullups!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 03:42 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Did day 4 with my 8 kg bell. I just read the 8 kg on it today. I had thought it was 12 lb LOL I don't know why.

I never got blisters using kettlebells. Just lucky I guess. Once, b/c it was a free event, I went to a kettlebell gym. Tracy Reifkind was the guest instructor. The gym had a container of chalk dust for your hands.

I thought Lauren Brooks had a much wider stance than I've seen before. Here are links to 2 photos that were taken at the Tracy Reifkind event.
http://www.forum.videofitness.com/al...pictureid=1480
http://www.forum.videofitness.com/al...pictureid=1479
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 05:05 PM  
manleym

Days 2 & 3 for me today after Cathe Live. I had not planned on doing either day, but wound up doing both and liked them. Also like the Birddog moves and that Lauren does mobility moves between each set. I use 15 and 20 lb bells because that's what I have but am very interested in other weights. Anyone think you could wear a weighted vest to help add weight, or would that be too hard on your lower back?

Anyone familiar with Kettle Gryp - Kettlebell Adjustable Portable Weight Grip? Just saw it on Amazon and was wondering if they're good or not. Might be an option for a heavier KB.

I'm really liking Lauren. Makes me want to do some of her dvds that are sitting on my shelf! Ha!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 05:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I was thinking that I could use some chalk dust! I think they are sort of half-blisters, half-callouses; hopefully they will toughen up.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 05:56 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Cynthia if your KB is 8 kg you were lifting heavier than you thought! Thanks for the photos - are you in them?

manleym, that grip thing looks interesting, but it seems like you would need a really wiiide stance for that!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 06:55 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Yes I was surprised. I did wonder why my "12 Lb" felt heavier than my 15!

I am in the pictures. You have to look hard, but I'm wearing a light green T-shirt. In the one where we're all standing, I'm 4th from the right. In the one where we're bent over, I'm just to the right of the window and a sunbeam is right on top of my head.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 10:45 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post

I am in the pictures. You have to look hard, but I'm wearing a light green T-shirt. In the one where we're all standing, I'm 4th from the right. In the one where we're bent over, I'm just to the right of the window and a sunbeam is right on top of my head.
That's so cool that you took a class with Tracy Reifkind! She's quite a success story!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 11:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

Beth I heard back from Lauren re: your question on adjusting for pear-nacity. She mentioned performing the towel swing. Here's her video on it: https://youtu.be/jZIdIuaI6sY

Gale I hope you're still swinging with us and having no issues!

Day 4 was another lighter bell for me. One arm swings are fun especially when you switch but I am not confident enough to go very heavy with them. Day 2 and Day 3 are my fav sequences so far though.

Good job everyone...good to see you join us Pam61 and manley!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100 swings, challenge, fitness challenge, kettlebell, kettlebell challenge, kettlebell swings, kettlebells, lauren brooks, on the edge fitness, summer 2021