Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-04-21, 08:33 PM  
alisoncooks

My fave, gentle 20-minute workouts are the RehabZone workouts. I tend to go back to them when I need a reset.

Also, Jane Adams Gentle Yoga.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 08:49 PM  
donnamp

Pahla B is my recommendation - she comes up a little short on the flexibility stuff - but her most recent workouts are focused on moderate exercise, under 30 min - typically averaging 23-25 minutes. Her stuff is easy to modify - if you don't like what she is doing or if it doesn't agree with you - just substitute something else. She has a lot of positive encouragement to offer.

For this year she is putting out a 7 day playlist at the start of each month - she mixes up the exercise focus each day and you can either repeat the 7 days for the month or mix and match with her other workouts

I NEVER thought I would like to do these types of workouts, but they really do hit the spot for me.

Caroline Jordan has some decent options as well, as does Lucy Wyndham Read (all body weight - no equipment, and you can modify everything for low impact).

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 08:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

Love the suggestions you've received but wanted to chime in on recommending classical stretch. Especially alternating with some of the strength workouts above.

(P.S. Firm express isn't gentle and not easy to follow either IMHO)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 09:40 PM  
Ricka

I do not know if these will help build muscle, but here are some ideas for 20 minute-ish workouts

The Firm Express - not so gentle. Movements too fast
The Firm Zip Trainer
The Firm Tme Crunch Cardio
The Firm Target toning zero in 10
The Firm Cardio Dance Club - Gentle enough
Cathe X10 - not so gentle
The Firm Abs - gentle
The Firm core Solutions
The Firm 5 day abs and more 5 day abs - gentle

Cathe Stretch Max - gentle
Cathe Perfect HiiT Pyramid HiiT bonus
Cathe Perfect Pump Timeeaver premixes
Cathe perfect flow timesaver premixes
Cathe Step Sync imtermediate step bonus
Cathe's body fusion is about 20 minutes if you donnot count the warmup. - gentle
Cathe has many other premixes and bonuses you can use.

Mindy Mylrea Quickies

I also enjoyed arena band's workouts. Depending on which workout you are doing, it takes about 15 minutes to 30 monutes to complete a workout. They have an app and two e books you can follow. - gentle
Classical Stretch - gentle

Jessica Smith has many 20 videos that are gentle.

Leslie's 1 mile
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 02:42 AM  
JENILU

I'm so excited!! Funny how it rejuvenates you to see things like this!! Bless all of you!
I LOVE classical stretch, altho I haven't done it much in a while. I want to get it out regular again, alternating with yoga.
My "hope" (not that I can do, I may end up alternating days of workout or yoga/CS/Qigong) is that one part of the day I can do the Muscle or cardio type work (I always liked cardio weights as long as it was easy and cue ing was good, because it seemed to minimize inflammation). I am going to try my best and be ok with whatever is good for me and feels good. Its not helpful to be whiped for a week over 1 day of workouts. Such a hard lesson to learn. I've really enjoyed that thread on when to cut back for that very reason, and I am sure there are others I need to read.
Jessica is a favorite and I have many of her DVDs and do and have done a lot of the youtube ones over and over over the years.

I am gonna look at all of this and figure, besides what is online, what to put on my next wishlist. Everyone has had brilliant suggestions! Thankyou

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 05:03 AM  
Kitten

I forgot firm express wasn't gentle, my bad. It's been years since I did it and I only did one rotation.

I'm leaving it up so the other replies make sense.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 08:14 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Pahla B's Walk off the Weight series is great. I highly recommend it. You don't have to be even remotely coordinated to do them. Don't let the "over 50" language dissuade you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1rMBiBMFLhYr-S

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 08:15 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Ellen Barrett's streaming service has a lot of 20-30 min workouts. She adds a new one each month. I think it's $7 a month. I had it for a few years until I tore my meniscus stupidly trying to do a squat jump. I only do walking and CS now, but I did really enjoy Ellen's streaming when I had it.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 01:08 PM  
JENILU

thank y'all so much! Y'all really have me wanting to visit Pahla again!

Kitten - I also said for people that are busy too, lol, so it doesn't have to just apply to me, and if I remember from clips (not sure, very long time ago) there was a "modifier"? So it still fits, even if I find I can't do it. Probably not, but it is collecting dust, so I should atleast give it a look - see. I thank you for posting it, and the others who also did, and those that gave the warnings. That way, if anyone looks here for their own information, everyone will have choices.
My own hope is to atleast build muscle without inflammation, even if I can't lose any weight, keep my circulation going (and the other benefits of that). The biggest part being anything I can do to keep from having an adrenal crisis, and keeping the body calm when I can. (yoga, etc... which I assume can be longer, but I am not sure. I have found a few book that I am hoping to get. Most medical info i have found is in the UK and canada. Here, you get put on the meds, but don't get told much. So trying to tweek from what little I have been able to learn, and they all say that exercise is needed- especially for mental health, you just have to be careful. i apologize if a lot of rambly threads come up as I learn.
Blessings!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 01:28 PM  
BunnyHop

Thank you for asking this question, for me the challenge is to find workouts that won't drag on.

Just today I did Tai Chi Fit Over 50, and it was just what I needed.

Another thing to try is to do CS workouts at a slower speed. Some of them just move too fast for me, so adjusting the speed is a workable solution if your dvd player will let you have that option.

Tags
20 minute workouts, gentle exercise, short cardio workouts, short workouts