Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-19-22, 04:47 PM  
SamS

Question: Which Les Mills Workouts Do You Like?

I just noticed I now have access to Les Mills+ through Gympass (a wellness program I subscribe to through my health insurance that offers streaming workouts, access to in-person studio classes, and subscription access to their partner apps).

I think I am most interested in cardio, recovery, stretching/mobility, and maybe barre-like workouts. I am currently following a strength training plan 2x a week and saving 1-2 workouts for pilates/barre. I do cardio most days that I have time and energy. I like to mix it up with cardio (but dance workouts are usually my favorite).

What Les Mills class formats do you like?
SamS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 05:40 PM  
sherry7899

I adore Body Combat, but I prefer the release numbered up to 70 much more than the more recent ones. They have a 30 minute version of some of the releases in the 50s

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 09:51 PM  
kirstyscooby
VF Supporter

I love Grit, Sprint and RPM and Bodypump for a change from Cathe workouts.

The intensity is awesome, the music is energising and I find the instructors inspiring. I also enjoy how some of the BP and Sprint releases are filmed outdoors, showcasing our gorgeous rugged NZ scenery.
Old 02-19-22, 10:29 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

It has been a while, but I loved BodyPump, BodyCombat, BodyStep and BodyJam (fun dance). I think you should check them all, you may find some new gems in there.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 02:27 PM  
AnMrsDe

I agree with all the above. My absolute favorites were the "United" classes that are zoom-like, featuring fitness instructors from around the world with gorgeous scenery and fabulous music. I also think you may like the Sh'Bam classes, since those are dance oriented. They also have barre-type and yoga focused classes but I'm not really into barre and I have my favorite yoga instructors so I didn't do very many of those.

Here are a few of my favorites from Sh'Bam, Body Pump, Body Combat, and Body Step when I subscribed last in early '21:

Sh'Bam:

Sh'Bam - (#25 Short - not sure the length of this one), but it is super fun with great music and Rach leads the class wearing her hip hop crotch-to-the-floor pants! Hip Hop fun at its' best!

Body Pump:

Body Pump (United - 55 min.) Great music & scenery and it sailed by.
Body Pump (#106 - 45 min.) A goodie but may be a little lax on back work.
Body Pump (#114 - 55 min.) Great sound track and a tricep fryer!
Body Pump (#89 - 59 min.) AWESOME class and Josef Matthews (from Tracey Staehle's Kickbox Challenge) is in this with his superb form that hits every muscle!

Body Step:

Body Step #114 - Great music and very fun!

Body Combat:

Body Combat (United - 55 min.) My favorite Combat! Great high/low combinations and music make this one superb!

Body Combat #77 (Short & long versions - 30/55 min.) - Both are great and have an awesome Muay Thai track that is very empowering!

Body Combat Remix 30 - (excerpts taken from #79, #81, & #82) with a short core segment but no c/d or stretch. May find it a little choppy since they're layered thru the workout, but still fun.

Hope you enjoy the site! There is tons of content so you won't get bored!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 04:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

The only ones I'd ever done were BodyPump. They were great!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 05:44 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I also really like Grit, Body Pump, Body Flow and CX Worx. You must try a CX Worx. I like a lot of those from the teens through the 20s. I haven’t done the newest stuff as they don’t make DVDs anymore.

I like Body Jam but they do take some brain power. They’re choreographed so well. I think Gandalf got better with age so the later numbers are better. A few that I like a lot are 58, 60, 70, 74 and 75.

I absolutely adore Body Combat. I agree that 33 through 66 are the best. The music is real music. After that it’s different and not as good. My personal favorites are 34, 35, 43, 46, 48, 49, 54, 55, 58, 60, 62, 65, and 66.

58 is slightly lower in intensity but I love it when I’m tired. I get a really good workout on that one when I’m having a low energy day particularly the round that uses the song “Strobe light”. The beat hits the jump knee at just the perfect time. I also like rounds 4, 5, 6 from 43 as an add-on to other workouts. One of those rounds uses a song from Pirates of the Caribbean and it is so fun. A little cheesy but I love it anyway.

I’ll warn you that 50 is when Dan and Rach were splitting up and it’s tense and very clear they don’t want to be around each other understandably so. I won’t do that one again. It makes me sad for them and uncomfortable at the same time. The ones in the 60s have really good capoeira rounds as well as everything else.

Have fun exploring.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 11:51 AM  
warriorprincess

I love Body Combat and Barre.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 01:05 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

COMBAT, COMBAT and more COMBAT! I love those workouts!!
Next would be Body Attack...Lisa Osbourne's enthusiasm is so contagious!
CXworx is super.

Oh heck, just try them all!!!! Pump rocks, Step rocks, they all are great!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 10:12 PM  
SamS

Thanks! It looks like there are many great options. I see they have some hybrid workouts where you can sample a few formats in one workout.
SamS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
les mills