Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-22, 09:36 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Thank you for all this info; I'm interested too! I also just found out that I have access to Les Mills online through my insurance plan (United Healthcare supplemental Medicare, via Renew Active - which also gives me free access to DailyBurn, p.volve, and YogaWorks !!!) I am super-excited. I remember loving BodyPump when it first came out (I tried it at a gym while on a business trip) but the gyms near me didn't have it. And Body Combat sounds awesome.
-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 11:14 AM  
pharma_gal

How do you find out if your insurance pays for a streaming service? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 11:22 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
I am curious about that also. I think my insurance just has incentive payment for gym visits. They should not discriminate against home exercisers! I could prove workouts I did through my fitness watch.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 12:48 PM  
SamS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Thank you for all this info; I'm interested too! I also just found out that I have access to Les Mills online through my insurance plan (United Healthcare supplemental Medicare, via Renew Active - which also gives me free access to DailyBurn, p.volve, and YogaWorks !!!)
-Anita
Wow! That sounds great as far as I can tell mind doesn't include DailyBurn, p.volve or YogaWorks. It has BurnAlong, Neou, Yogaia, a couple functional training apps I've never heard of that are actually pretty good, and Sworkit Pro.
SamS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 12:54 PM  
SamS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
As far as I know my previous insurance didn't, but we changed insurance since My DH changed jobs. My newest plan offers the option to subscribe to Gympass. I found it digging around on the plan's page to see if they offered any kind of fitness incentive.

My understanding is there are a few similar wellness services through various plans. Gympass offers guest access to participating gyms/boutique studios, their own virtual fitness programming, and subscription access to partner apps. They just added Les Mills. I am a magpie when it comes to workouts so I check every week or two to see if they added anything new.
SamS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 01:06 PM  
suzanne63

Hi Does Medicaid cover anything like this? Free online or Gyms or the YMCA?
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 07:15 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Thank you for all this info; I'm interested too! I also just found out that I have access to Les Mills online through my insurance plan (United Healthcare supplemental Medicare, via Renew Active - which also gives me free access to DailyBurn, p.volve, and YogaWorks !!!) I am super-excited. I remember loving BodyPump when it first came out (I tried it at a gym while on a business trip) but the gyms near me didn't have it. And Body Combat sounds awesome.
-Anita
So my insurance plan is my Medicare Supplemental Plan B coverage, which I purchase through United Healthcare. When I log into my portal, I was just clicking on all the tabs to see what extra benefits I have. I found a tab for "Health and Wellness". On that page, there was just a small portion of the screen, on the side, that said something about fitness options through "Renew Active" - it was not prominent at all. There was a button to "learn more". Once I clicked on that, it sent me to a different website - all about the in person and online options. My Medicare coverage gives me a code to input to set up the memberships. My suggestion is to go to your insurance website and just click around or call your customer service number.

Besides the online stuff, I can get free memberships at Club Pilates (which I tried today; it was soooo wonderful); OrangeTheory Fitness (which I'll try on Thursday); and a really nice gym about 1/2 hour away from me that has a warm pool, whirlpool, sauna, and steam room (along with all the regular fitness areas and group classes.)

Now that I'm retired, I can see myself just doing fitness stuff all day!! (LOL - my retirement plan was to *finally* do all the workout DVDs I've accumulated & now I have all this new stuff available to me.)
-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
les mills