Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-08-23, 06:13 PM  
Vantreesta

Tue 12/5 76 minutes
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S5E6 Bloom, TV) 1st time
52 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.18 mi)
Pedometer: 11374 steps, 5.64 mi/Fitbit: 12474 steps, 5.89 mi

Wed 12/6 110 minutes
4 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 1 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Last Christmas" by Meghan Trainor, YT) 1st time
2 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 2 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "You Make It Feel Like Christmas" by Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton, YT) 1st time
21 minutes (from 2.91 mi for Fitscope (Julia) -20 Min Elliptical Machine Low Impact Workout | Tabata Elliptical Intervals, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from Dr. Bri Takin' It to the Street! Walking Kegels At-Home Kegel Camp Day 18, YT) 1st time
8 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 18 -10 Min Barre Workout for Strong Legs, Butt & Thighs, YT) 1st time
5 minutes (from E. Jade Belly Dancer Diaries -100 Day Dance Challenge Day 3 How to Layer Shimmies for Beginners, YT) 1st time
11 minutes (from Yoga With Kassandra Flexible Body, Flexible Mind 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 18 Discover, YT) 1st time
49 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.19 mi)
Pedometer: 16511 steps, 8.03 mi/Fitbit: 13897 steps, 6.54 mi

Thu 12/7 154 minutes
3 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 3 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Snow Snow Snow" by Band of Merrimakers, YT) 1st time
4 minutes (from Lacey Rae Fitness -day 4 25 Days of Holiday Zumba: "Esta Navidad" by Elijah King, YT) 1st time
5 minutes (from C. Jordan Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT)
6 minutes (from Dr. Bri 3-Minute Miracle for Your Pelvic Floor, YT)
29 minutes (from 2.35 mi neighborhood run/Zombies Run S4E2)
24 minutes (from CrossRope Calorie Crushing Kettlebell Crash Course Challenge day 3 warmup + Upper Body Blitz) 1st time 19
18 minutes (from C. Dorner -30-Day Mobility & Flexibility Challenge Day 4 - 20 Min Warm Morning Stretch, YT) 1st time
52 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.08 mi)
Pedometer: 18742 steps, 9.11 mi/Fitbit: 19140 steps, 9.23 mi

I do think it's strange that yoga seems to stand out as the one type of exercise where the instructors mostly don't mirror cue. I'm glad most of the others do!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-23, 10:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~5 km forest walk on a crisp sunny day - a little shinrin-yoku.
~SeniorShape 30 min Wall Pilates - Had to see what all the hype was about. It was good, great for posture work, the wall does check your form.
~Foot routine, hip mobility work, hip & leg stretches, finished with supported fish & legs on a chair.

Vannie - You really rack up the activity minutes!

Beth - Thanks for the links.

Paine - How frustrating that your phone wiring was removed! We still have a landline, although it is through the internet so we lose it if the power goes out. We don’t have the best cell reception at our house as we are surrounded by rocky hills.

Waving and wishing everyone a good weekend!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-23, 10:56 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Friday 8 Dec

AM
Classical Stretch standing-barre episode 914
Barlates: Arms and Abs (30’ workout)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5ipzwBHKJ4

Good Barlates “oldie” barre-style workout. The first half is arms and the second half is abs. The arm work is harder than it looks!

Lunch break
35’ walk
20’ yoga practice - floor poses

Yes, Miranda chats and forgets to cue! I can follow her if I can see her, and fortunately I have an idea of where she’s going the rest of the time. Episode 914 has music from the first movement of Mozart’s symphony No. 40. Miranda says that it’s a piece of music “that should be very familiar to all of you” but then she says it’s Beethoven.

I haven’t had a landline since the turn of the century. I was in grad school and it was less expensive for me to have a cell phone than to pay for a landline + long distance call fees. People suggested also keeping the landline "just in case" but I'd started working out at home and I needed to save that money for fitness stuff!

Barlates has some wall Pilates workouts that look interesting, and I plan to try it sometime.

Waves to all!

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-23, 11:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy weekend, everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ Senior Shape Fun Full Body Barre Workout
~ Yoga With Shaunneka Yin for Quads, Hips & Psoas
~ 3,823 steps

The barre routine was tough! I even saw comments to that effect.

Colleen, I read that your foot is feeling better while browsing backward. That's great news.

Paine, that's dirty about the removal of your copper wiring. I'm sure the guys kept it all for themselves, too.

Pam, I love your new avatar!

Sandra, that's so funny about the flapping arms - I immediately had a flashback to my Ellen Barrett workshop and everyone going back and forth with Elegant Arms.

Beth, your Solstice class sounds like a nice respite from the stress.

I'm so behind - sorry if I missed any important news and I hope you're all well. Have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-23, 08:38 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Thank goodness it's the weekend!

It was mostly a lazy day for me, but I did a more active yoga practice and it felt good to get back to vinyasa flow again.

Saturday 9 Dec

30' practice - Namaste Yoga 3-1

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-23, 10:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s activities:
~BellyFit: Letting Go
~fitbymik: 20 Standing Arm & Abs with Weights
~20 min gentle rebounding - far too rainy today to go for a walk
~Foot routine + hip mobility exercises
~MFML: Strengthen the Knees & Back

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-23, 07:51 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Thanks for the well wishes for my trip to Switzerland--it went really well. I got back last night and was up at 4 am . I was in Basel, which is the extreme northwest corner of Switzerland, and just a few miles from the borders with France and Germany. It was a lovely, clean and walkable city. I got in well over 10,000 steps most days, and got to visit some fabulous (but crowded) Christmas markets. The meeting was also good and I got to see many familiar faces from around the world. It also refreshed and inspired my work with ALS research, and am honored to be part of this community. It makes all the long days worthwhile.

I'm feeling like I need a reset, so think I'm going to pull out my Ravianas and perhaps revisit their streaming site. I'm also feeling the need to lift some weights so I'm looking for good options for that. I'm still on the fence about renewing b3 when my sub is up at the end of January, so I'm still looking at options and trying to stay away from YouTube.

Waves to all, off to catch up on posts!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-23, 10:52 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates (Floor Flow Pilates workout)

Gale, your Switzerland trip sounded wonderful!

Vantreesta, you do an impressive amount of exercise throughout the day.

Pam, your avatar is cute!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-23, 11:21 AM  
cyana

Happy Week-end. I was able to schedule my time off so that I won't work more than 4 days any week during December and there are a few extra days off in two of those weeks.

The dull as dirt work-outs continue - Cubii and hip PT. It's a gloomy day in the neighborhood today, so I'm planning to work-out this afternoon while DH is occupied with football or golf on TV.

Gale - Welcome back - I'll bet you are experiencing some major league jet lag. It's wonderful that you feel invigorated about your work. ALS is such a tragic condition and I salute the researchers who are working to improve the lives of people who have that diagnosis. I'm with you in needing a fitness reset.

Paine - I did bulk cooking on Friday and thought of you while I had pots on most of the burners and JSP's baking in the oven.

Pat - I thought of you one chilly morning last week as I was making a cup of chai masala. I'm hoping to whip up a batch of elderberry syrup and some ginger shots before I go back to work. I need to use up some fresh turmeric and ginger and The Food Goddess gave me a bag of Frontier's elderberries.

Pam - Thanks for the recommendation on Adam's MFML practice. He was a pleasant surprise for me when he was added to the roster of MFML instructors.

Colleen - Hooray that your foot has healed.

Beth - Thanks for the Yoga with Tim links. Enjoy your early Solstice class.

Sandra - The CBS morning show had two reports earlier this week on a hip prosthesis that was recalled after 15 years of complaints due to device failure. It is massively frustrating that it took so long for anything to be done. The revision surgery is described as very painful with an extended rehabilitation period. In looking at the device, I would've never agreed to allow my surgeon to use it. This reminded me of the Netflix documentary Bleeding Edge (I highly recommend everyone watch this), which details medical device failure and highlights how many feel the FDA doesn't do nearly enough to protect patients.

Carolyn - DH and I met with our financial planner this week. We spent most of the call with him trying to talk me off the ledge in setting a retirement date. Our next meeting is scheduled for March and my assignment is to be retired or have a firm date in place.

Vannie - When I grow up, I want to have my work-out variety look more like yours!

Must run - DH needs my attention. Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-23, 11:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, happy Sunday! Yesterday was simple:

~ GYM for 20 minutes recumbent and 40 weight machines
~ 5,363 steps

Cyana, that is horrifying about the defective hip device. We had a case in court in which a man had a defective replacement. The defense attorney accused him of staging his fall in order to try to get a new device for free. His insurance would not replace it because there wasn't a declared recall on it. The man's testimony about living with it was painful to hear. I'm very interested in your retirement, please keep sharing. How did you find the financial advisor?

Welcome back from Switzerland, Gale. You sound refreshed despite being tired from the journey. I haven't used my RaviAna collection in so long.

Pam, thank you for spearheading the Sadhana. The holiday stress is mounting!

Waves to all! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote