Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-13, 10:49 AM  
thaispice

Original Dream Body calorie burn?

I feel completely exhausted whenever I do DB (the original Dream Body Fusion workout -- I don't have the set but I wish I had the $ to buy it!), but my heart rate never gets that high during the workout. That makes me wonder, how many calories does DB actually burn? For those of you who have HRM, what is your calorie burn during the workout (and if you don't mind posting, what is your weight since that obviously correlates with the calorie burn)?

Thanks in advance!
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 11:03 AM  
zippity

I have a Polar FT4, and it showed 510 calories burned with the original Fusion Fitness Dream Body Workout.
Old 04-22-13, 11:11 AM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippity View Post
I have a Polar FT4, and it showed 510 calories burned with the original Fusion Fitness Dream Body Workout.
Wow -- thanks! I like the sound of that. How high does your heart rate get with this workout?
Old 04-22-13, 11:55 AM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
Wow -- thanks! I like the sound of that. How high does your heart rate get with this workout?
Remember that the amount of calories burned is going to vary from person to person based on your weight, age and heart rate. I would suggest purchasing a heart rate monitor because you'll get the most accurate data. One thing that I do pay attention to with my own HRM is which zone I'm working out in. While working out at maximum capacity is fine for endurance building you actually burn at higher percentage of fat (from total caloric burn) at a lower zone which doesn't send your heart rate into the stratosphere. On average when I'm doing a Leslie workout with intervals, I'll burn an average of 300 calories but of that 300, 26 to 27% are from fat vs. a kickboxing or HIIT workout that burns a ton of calories but my fat burn percentage is usually around 15%. Just because you're not dying from a workout does mean that it's not effective! I'm on my 2nd polar HRM (currently have an FT60 with H7 Bluetooth band) after wearing out the first one and it's really made a difference in how I workout!

HTH!

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 12:17 PM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieb726 View Post
Remember that the amount of calories burned is going to vary from person to person based on your weight, age and heart rate. I would suggest purchasing a heart rate monitor because you'll get the most accurate data. One thing that I do pay attention to with my own HRM is which zone I'm working out in. While working out at maximum capacity is fine for endurance building you actually burn at higher percentage of fat (from total caloric burn) at a lower zone which doesn't send your heart rate into the stratosphere. On average when I'm doing a Leslie workout with intervals, I'll burn an average of 300 calories but of that 300, 26 to 27% are from fat vs. a kickboxing or HIIT workout that burns a ton of calories but my fat burn percentage is usually around 15%. Just because you're not dying from a workout does mean that it's not effective! I'm on my 2nd polar HRM (currently have an FT60 with H7 Bluetooth band) after wearing out the first one and it's really made a difference in how I workout!

HTH!

Kris
Thanks, Kris! That's a good reminder.
Old 04-22-13, 12:39 PM  
desie

IMO, you can do high intensity or moderate intensity, whatever you prefer, as the fat burning isn't appreciably different between the two:

15% of 510 calories (high intensity) is 77 calories burned of fat and
27% of 300 calories (moderate intensity) is 81 calories burned of fat.

(And so believing I thumb my nose (and my svelte body) at those nasty HIIT workouts.)
desie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calorie burn, dream body, dream body fusion