Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-15, 08:21 PM  
TinaT

I have learned the hard way, that if anything is too high impact, that it's ok to modify. I've tried to walk away from these too many times due to impact. I have given myself permission to modify when needed and still enjoy my workouts.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 06:40 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
It's amazing what this kind of a topic does to ones mind. I ended up ordering a few FIRMs I haven't had in a while. NOTE: I've owned every FIRM from Anna ever made, but wasn't smart enough to just keep them and be content. So, now I'm back to re-collecting them all.

You'd think I'd learn....
I've done this twice now!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 07:05 AM  
dnna

I love and use these regularly. I have a back up set! I am just going to add the couple I do not have in my backup set so I will always have a complete set.
Being 65, things changed for me this year in terms of how much impact and how advanced I could go . I was getting injured a lot. So I dialed it back to fit primes -new and original release, and my Prime Powers and Basics.
I feel great, and I do not feel like I am losing strength. i go heavy where I can, and try not to compete with myself- always trying to do more, harder, more advanced.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

I'm about ready to cave and buy all the original FitPrimes on DVD (I have VHS copies of most if not all). Are the DVDs chaptered - that may be the thing that finally pushes me over the edge, LOL!

This morning I did Kickbutt Time Crunch - forgot what a good workout it was! I feel a FitPrime/Kickbutt rotation coming on for Oct/Nov. And, if I end up getting the originals, I will mix those in, too.

Funny, when these first came out in 2005, I felt they were "easy" (I was doing more of the "advanced" FIRMS and Cathe back then - which is not sustainable for me if I want to remain functional in the "rest of my life") but today they felt just right. I didn't go over a 10 lb weight either!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 08:48 AM  
Lannette

I was thinking the same thing Donna. I'm loving my detox rotation but I think I'll reinvent it to allow me to mix these in. Not sure how but figuring it out is half the fun!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 09:08 AM  
TinaT

Donna, I just checked over at Total Fitness about chaptering on Strong Bear w/Tracie. Mary shows it is chaptered really well. Not sure about other titles b/c she doesn't have them all, but I would assume they are if SB is.

I picked up Floor Burn and Time Crunch with Susan. I feel the need to have all the workouts she's in b/c her appearance was so limited over the years.
Old 09-22-15, 09:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Thanks, Tina - I'm going to snatch them up, I think. It will be an early b-day present for me!

Lannette - these are fun to re-visit. I'm curious to see how I will feel about the originals since it has been MANY years since I pulled those out. I'm finally realizing, I can workout hard(er) so long as I am smart(er) about including lighter days, recovery workouts, and restorative workouts into the mix. No more all or nothing! LOL!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 09:29 AM  
TinaT

I agree about "working out smarter, not harder". One big revelation for me over the summer is that I need weights. My muscle tone has really taken a hard hit and I'm pretty bummed. Whether it be light to moderate poundage, I need to do more weights, more often. All of Anna's workouts have provided good weight options for toning, etc. I'm excited to get some of it back!
Old 09-22-15, 09:47 AM  
firmaholic

Does fitness favorites offer any discounts on the packages like they did before or are these just regular price?
firmaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 10:54 AM  
TinaT

It looks as though there is a package deal for ALL original Fitprimes for $50.00! Wow.. I didn't see it before placing my order. Dang it!

Tags
fitprime, fitprimes, kickbutt