Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-15, 09:06 AM  
TinaT

DISCONTINUING Sales of Fitprimes and Kickbutts!!!

From Fitness Favorite Site:

Quote:
fp steps will be shipped on Wednesday. Also, we are discontinuing all of the original FitPrimes, FitPrimes and KickButts, it is a good time to purchase these DVDs.
This was posted on 9/14/2015. So if you're on the fence about getting these or if you had trader/sellers remorse, you better move quick and get them back. So glad I kept the full WHFN Series.

ETA: I just ordered Floor Burn & Crunch Time w/Susan Harris. Feels like an end of an era with these being discontinued.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 10:10 AM  
donnamp

Oh, does this mean she is also discontinuing the compilations - like the 6 Day Trainer and the "Killer" workouts? If so, I'd better get hopping on buying those!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 10:14 AM  
TinaT

Donna, I'm not sure if it includes those 2 titles. These 2 titles are available at Total Fitness dvds as well. But for the most part, FitFavs are the only place to get th originals. I had Susan's years ago and didn't think much of it until I read that post. I panicked for a moment and then went over and purchased them.

ETA: I just asked Annette to clarify about these 2 titles.
Old 09-21-15, 10:39 AM  
laila
VF Supporter

Any idea why they are being discontinued? Will they only be selling the FIRMs, what else would be left for them to sell?
laila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 10:48 AM  
TinaT

That's a great question laila, ... maybe I can get some clarity on it. I'm assuming sales on these particular titles are down and maybe have been for some time. This market is tough and fickle. I think they are some of Anna's best work, but I too, have forgotten that over the years.

I just dusted my collection off and am using them again.

ETA: Donna,over at the FB page of Fit Favs, Annette did say that the discontinuation of the recent compilations ARE included in this... until further notice.
Old 09-21-15, 04:05 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
ETA: I just ordered Floor Burn & Crunch Time w/Susan Harris. Feels like an end of an era with these being discontinued.
I agree. I completed my collection. I've only recently rediscovered these DVDs and amazingly finally "get it" where years ago Anna's genius totally escaped me when it came to this series.

They're so much fun, time flies when I'm doing them and it's so darn sad that they won't be available in the future. A lot of the cardio segments transfer well to my rebounder too.

I feel as though Anna would have perfected this kind of workout if she had more time, money and the following to do so. Back in those days so many of us were anticipating the revival of The Firm as we knew it and when it didn't happen we immediately pulled out.

Personally, I was in my "puke in a bucket" workout phase so these felt too easy back when they were originally released.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 04:19 PM  
twinkletoes

I recently reacquired the entire set from VF Roost (for $20 I think it was!). And I'm so glad I did. I may not have cared for them when they first came out but I love them now. Maybe it's because I'm older now but these really are some great workouts.
Old 09-21-15, 04:31 PM  
fatkat555

Well, I may have to think about getting the old Fitprimes on dvd. I still have them on VHS... Thank goodness I have the newer Fitprimes and Kickbutt series on dvd.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 05:15 PM  
donnamp

FatKat - I *think* I still have the original FitPrimes on DVD, I'd better check! And, I bet get on to purchasing the 6 Day Trainer!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 05:27 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
FatKat - I *think* I still have the original FitPrimes on DVD, I'd better check! And, I bet get on to purchasing the 6 Day Trainer!!

Donna
Donna, the 6 day trainer is really good. Well, I think it is. It was that DVD that lured me back into using the FitPrimes and Kickbutts.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime, fitprimes, kickbutt