Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-22, 12:55 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I was doing 40-4-40 but dropped it halfway. The pistol squats in 40-4-40 day 9 caused me to have horrific DOMS. That coupled with other "stuff" caused me to veer away from all strength training for a month or so.

I plan to restart with her beginners videos. If you worked with these, how did you use them? Do you repeat the series and if so, for how long? I want to get my strength back up, but avoid trashing my lower body again.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 01:10 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I was doing 40-4-40 but dropped it halfway. The pistol squats in 40-4-40 day 9 caused me to have horrific DOMS. That coupled with other "stuff" caused me to veer away from all strength training for a month or so.

I plan to restart with her beginners videos. If you worked with these, how did you use them? Do you repeat the series and if so, for how long? I want to get my strength back up, but avoid trashing my lower body again.
I am currently doing the beginners and cycling through them. I do it 3x per week. I was going to switch to the 40-4-40 for July 1st but I feel like I have some "room to grow" still with the beginner ones. I just increased some of the weights so now I am back down to lower reps. Probably now I will aim to tackle the 40-4-40 on August 01.
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 01:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello
I am currently doing the beginners and cycling through them. I do it 3x per week. I was going to switch to the 40-4-40 for July 1st but I feel like I have some "room to grow" still with the beginner ones. I just increased some of the weights so now I am back down to lower reps. Probably now I will aim to tackle the 40-4-40 on August 01.

Pat, I am currently using this series very similarly to what tlchello is doing. I was doing every other day, but I am trying to fall into a rhythm of 3x/week on Tues, Th, and Sunday. I've been using the videos since the start of the month and just restarting when I get to the 4th one; I just did #1 again today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 01:43 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Pat, I am currently using this series very similarly to what tlchello is doing. I was doing every other day, but I am trying to fall into a rhythm of 3x/week on Tues, Th, and Sunday. I've been using the videos since the start of the month and just restarting when I get to the 4th one; I just did #1 again today.
Yep...I have them written down as #1-Grey top, #2 Orange top, etc. based on what she wearing in the thumbnail and just cycle through 1-2-3-4, repeat. I do them on Tu-Th-Sa.

I am actually just getting ready to go do one in a few minutes. I follow it up with 15-20 minutes of "breathy" steady state cardio, based on some advice she gave on one of her posts. On my non-weight days I am simply walking and trying to get between 7000 and 10000 steps. I will be adding in one day of HIIT for heart health in the next week or so. Again, this is all based on advice she has posted.

I have been doing them about a month as well. I love her posts on Tiktok and IG and she is so good at answering questions. Truly wants to help out her followers.
Old 06-23-22, 02:02 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks ladies!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 03:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello View Post
Yep...I have them written down as #1-Grey top, #2 Orange top, etc. based on what she wearing in the thumbnail and just cycle through 1-2-3-4, repeat. I do them on Tu-Th-Sa.

I am actually just getting ready to go do one in a few minutes. I follow it up with 15-20 minutes of "breathy" steady state cardio, based on some advice she gave on one of her posts. On my non-weight days I am simply walking and trying to get between 7000 and 10000 steps. I will be adding in one day of HIIT for heart health in the next week or so. Again, this is all based on advice she has posted.
Our schedules are almost exactly the same! Interesting about the "breathy" cardio - do you remember where she posted that? I sometimes do cardio before, but not usually after. Are you doing her warm-up?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-24-22, 01:22 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Our schedules are almost exactly the same! Interesting about the "breathy" cardio - do you remember where she posted that? I sometimes do cardio before, but not usually after. Are you doing her warm-up?
Yes...do you follow her on Tiktok? She was answering some questions and there are two clips of her in a white sports bra that are talking about how to put together your plan with weights and cardio. Basically, her schedule is:
*30 minute walk every day for movement
*2 to 3 FB weights each week followed by 10 to 20 minutes cardio (total workout less than 1 hour)
* 1 higher interval cardio session each week.

She has some really excellent content on TikTok
Old 06-24-22, 01:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

tlchello, I don't do TikTok. I'll check to see if she posts any of that on IG though - thank you!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-26-22, 05:36 PM  
laurajhawk

I’m happy that this thread caught my eye. I’m recovering from toe surgery and just got my walking boot off so I’m ready to transition away from chair workouts- I really want something simple and basic, and I’m going to try the Lift with Cee beginners videos. Thanks all!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 02:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Reviving Older Thread

Has anyone else noticed that Cee deleted a lot of her workouts? Her Beginners Series (4 videos plus warm-up) is no longer there, and I think the 40-40 is gone too. Most of the links posts previously in this thread now don't work!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
cheryl coulombe, eccentric weight training, lift with cee, move with cee, over 40, over 50, youtube, youtube strength