Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-22, 07:37 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
And if I skip too many days without doing Mady Morrison's Back Pain Relief Stretch, my back starts feeling irritated. That yoga practice is magic for me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eA2Koq6pTI
I have a practice like this, too. I do Yoga with Joelle’s SI Joint practice at least 3x a week to keep my hips happy!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 09:29 PM  
kristiep

High knees
Air jacks
Jumping back into plank
Rock star jumps
Tuck jumps

I wish I could do these but my hips don’t like them.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 10:07 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I have a practice like this, too. I do Yoga with Joelle’s SI Joint practice at least 3x a week to keep my hips happy!
Glad we found our special yoga practice/stretch to keep our bodies happy!! (No matter how often we need to do it!)
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 10:40 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Strangely enough, a yoga pose is most irritating to my lower back: the side-angle pose with straight legs. If I bend my front leg, it's better for my back.

The same with forward bends...need my legs bent slightly in order not to tweak anything.

I still love my yoga!! Just gotta do what's needed to keep my body happy! And if I skip too many days without doing Mady Morrison's Back Pain Relief Stretch, my back starts feeling irritated. That yoga practice is magic for me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eA2Koq6pTI
I can't picture side-angle pose with straight legs. All I'm seeing in my mind is triangle.

Thanks for posting the link to your back pain video! At least half of these I'm supposed to be doing regularly anyway for PT. Of course I'm supposed to hold for 20-25 breaths so much longer than the video but even if I did the shorter holds more often it would be beneficial!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 10:41 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Alison, is this the one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Vz...T__uga&index=5

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-19-22, 10:47 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Yes! I do that one after nearly every rowing workout.
I also like her 10 minute Flexibility practice.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QpNmdp...qeVT72&index=4
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 10:58 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Yes! I do that one after nearly every rowing workout.
I also like her 10 minute Flexibility practice.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QpNmdp...qeVT72&index=4
Thanks, Alison!

Old 08-19-22, 01:11 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Strangely enough, a yoga pose is most irritating to my lower back: the side-angle pose with straight legs. If I bend my front leg, it's better for my back.

The same with forward bends...need my legs bent slightly in order not to tweak anything.

I still love my yoga!! Just gotta do what's needed to keep my body happy! And if I skip too many days without doing Mady Morrison's Back Pain Relief Stretch, my back starts feeling irritated. That yoga practice is magic for me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eA2Koq6pTI
I've never seen Thread the Needle done like that It looks like it would give your lower and mid back a great stretch.

I have a difficult time with push-ups. I used to love them but avoid doing them now, so my shoulder won't hate on me.
Old 08-19-22, 01:19 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I've never seen Thread the Needle done like that It looks like it would give your lower and mid back a great stretch.

I have a difficult time with push-ups. I used to love them but avoid doing them now, so my shoulder won't hate on me.
I have a shoulder injury. Using my fabric brands from Cathe have been an awesome hack. I posted about it on another thread. Definitely improves my form and protects that area.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 01:39 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
Cathe's and Christi Taylor's step workouts. Years ago I could fly over that step, shuffle and jump. Not anymore; it kills my feet and hips. Sometimes I'll put a DVD in and do my own low impact moves just to watch them again. They were so much fun...sigh
Ditto! Now they hurt my back and knees. I remember doing Interval Max a lot. I watch them and do my own thing, too. I do attempt Stage 2 of Step Heaven now and then. I was so proud of myself way back when I actually mastered that section.

I don't do squats anymore, either. Several years ago my PT asked me to demo how I did them. No matter what I did, she said it was wrong. I gave up.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications