Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-11-22, 12:41 PM  
AnMrsDe

ASAS, $200 even sounds cheap to me at the dentist! LOL We don't usually get the insurance (it isn't beneficial to me since I have good teeth and usually only go once a year for a cleaning), but we get it for DH whose teeth aren't so good! I REALLY miss my retired dentist, though, as his prices were so reasonable (but he was old-school before they switched over to the computer-oriented philosophy now and "needing" xrays done each year which are $$$). //I'm anxious to see your HC rotation and hope you and T2B enjoy it!!

Elsie, that is nice of you to be giving away the furniture! And I hate having to deal with people buying stuff coming to the house, etc., so I feel your pain there. Maybe you could donate some of the books to the library if you don't want them all?//My heel continues to be a pain in the foot, LOL! I don't think it's going away anytime soon and I'm learning to deal with it daily. Sigh. I'm sure if I went to the Dr he would tell me to rest it, roll it, and ice it, which I'm already doing (well not resting it much, I guess)...//Cathe's mobility workout is easy to be consistent with...it's done so well (music and moves) and I just like doing it to keep my joints happy. Sometimes I only have 20 min. though, but I try to include it each week if I can.

T2B, I'm glad your DD liked her gloves! And you like everything too! My BB clips are like yours and are easy to get on/off.//My mom seems pretty weak this week for some unknown reason, so we're keeping an eye on her (more so than usual). Today we have a tour scheduled at the asstd. living facility (yes, again) but she noted that she might be getting closer now to being ready to go....)//Regarding the 25# DB's, alas, it's only ONE 25# DB and not two! Being able to hold it with both hands is a piece of cake and not forcing my arthritic hand to hold one alone! The other day when I was doing Yvette's bicep curls with 15's (regular curls, not hammers) with my palms to the sky, my wrist would 'pop' every single time with that motion!) Hammers are no problem, it's the direction of palms to sky that is the KILLER but I'm trying to make it stronger by doing them but I'll admit, it has me near to tears sometimes b/c of the pain! Using a KB is good since I usually don't have that curl motion and use it as a "pull" instead of a "push"; I guess it depends on the exercise. Also putting my bodyweight on my palm (yoga etc) just sometimes makes me cringe, even with my yoga pads. I just can't do long sessions of DDog or p/u's, etc. If it's not my foot, it's my hand!! :0)//This weekend it'll just be DH & I watching the Superbowl, as DS is having a Superbowl party at his place with his friends, etc. and DD and DSIL aren't really into football. I bought some snacks that I don't normally buy so it'll be somewhat fun I guess, even though neither team have any pull as far as we're concerned. I just hope it isn't a boring game, LOL! Thank goodness for the commercials!! Will you be watching too?

Whew, I'm sure this was way more info than you cared to read!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Thinking of Chrys, Jane, April, Bex, etc. who we haven't heard from yet this month....hope all is well.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 07:34 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
Nice to "see" Everyone!!!

Math Teacher, have a blast at the concert!

It has been postponed until March. Sadness.

The good news is, I'm going to Journey AND Alabama in March!
Old 02-12-22, 01:29 AM  
Helen

Nothing from me lately - Haven't had the best week past - fell into a slump as DH went back the farm last Saturday - he's itching to finish the room he's been working on. But, on a positive note, he's planned fitting the room out so there's workout space for me in it - gave me dimensions and it's a similar area to where I am now. Usually I don't jump out there, as there's been nowhere to DO it - apart from walk/jog stuff down the dirt road covered in sharp rocks - or around the paddocks & spend the next hour picking burrs out of Alice's coat.

Also, it's rained most of the week, so even the duration of dog walks has been an issue - keeping close to home, & sent back with showers coming through.

Big sigh.... as soon as I finish here, have to go & work (NOT work-OUT) in the gym - accidentally left the balcony door open & rain poured in. Lifted the puzzle mats to dry out, towels down, stuff everywhere!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 11:43 AM  
T2B

AMD - I hope your Mom is doing better today and that she had a good visit at the AL facility. At least she’s open to going. I’m sorry that you’re having arthritic pain when doing certain movements. You are such a warrior! I would love to be able to lift 25# dumbbells comfortably. At this point I need a squat rack in order to continue to see lower body strength gains. No Super Bowl plans, I’m sure I’ll check the score occasionally, and maybe some of the commercials. I’m not invested in either team but I hope it’s a good game for the fans.

Link to AsSweet H&C schedule:

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...highlight=Slim

Helen - sorry that you’re in a slump and missing your hubby! Do you ever drive down on weekends for a visit?

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 03:00 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B & Elsie, thanks for the well wishes

AMD, if my regular cleaning sound cheap to you... geez! I usually go twice a year for regular cleaning, and pay all from my pocked (as you, I take good care of them). I wish to find a new place though, apart for the regular cleaning, I find their prices inconsistent, for example, my SO was told that he needed to pay over $1,000 for a treatment, just to be told on his last visit, that it was 50% less. A similar thing happened to me, they told me I needed a $600 treatment, and then, on another consult it was $290. // Sorry, to hear you are having wrists pain, I hope it will get better. I also hope your mom feels better and that the visit goes well for her.

T2B, I am feeling much better, but still not 100% so I am taking it easy and resting a lot. I think, hopefully, I'd able to start on the week Feb 21st, I think sooner would be too ambitious for me, and I don't want to force it, by doing too much too soon. // Happy, to hear your DD loved her cute gloves, and that you are happy with your purchases too, I am salivating over those cute camo boxing gloves! Glad to hear, the quality is great! // Awesome that your DD workout as much, you can be proud of you both, I am sure she took that great example from her awesome mama! // Thanks for sharing the link to the H&C rotation. // I am glad I will be able to continue to do some Essentrics on mobility days!

Elsie, sounds like you have been pretty busy, I hope the rest of things go smoothly for you. Giving some books you don't want to the library sound like a good idea.

Helen, I hope you''ll get your mojo back, and what a mess with the rain, hope everything dries up quickly.

Thinking of Jane, Bex, Amg and Chrys, I also hope they are doing well.

Waves to everyone else!

Take care you all!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 06:53 PM  
Tammie M

AnMrsDe, it took a lot reasoning to convince my mom to move into AL. She was starting to forget taking her meds and she wasn't reordering them in a timely manner so she would run out of them. So my sisters and I finally convinced her she needed help with her meds. We went through one round of visiting places with her and chose a place. Before she moved in things fell through and we had to do another round of visitations with different places. Fortunately we found one and think she is fairly happy there. The places were very different from each other. In some, the residents were more independent. Others seemed a small step above a nursing home. Their pay schedules were very different. When comparing them it was difficult to ensure you were compare "apples to apples" and not "apples to oranges". Many times when you asked direct questions you did not get direct answers. We were trying to get the costs for the top level of care at one place and they would not give us an answer. They just kept talking about how you could get hospice to come in and help pay for it.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-22, 03:29 AM  
Elsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Thinking of Chrys, Jane, April, Bex, etc. who we haven't heard from yet this month....hope all is well.
Same! Hope everything is okay? And Waving to everyone!!
AMD, hoping your Mom's fall in strength/energy is just a slump and nothing too serious. There's so much to worry about them at their ages, especially now. Sigh. Yes, we have five boxes ready to go now for donation containing books. We are literally surrounded by books here! And then there's paper shredding. Again, all from the FIL, not our things. We live extremely sparse in comparison. Lol.
Tammie, it seems like a comfort to have your dear Mom somewhere she is content and safe!
Helen, so sorry you are having a sh__ty week without DH. I know I would get lonesome and down as well. WTG though on those Terminator workouts! Wow. Not easy!!
T2B, Huge Congrats on all of your progress! Dedication is paying off!
Liz, so glad you've joined the party. No such thing as too late! Ha.
Math Teacher, OMG Journey! Great one to be belting out the tunes leading up to the concert! Have a good time!

Sending super-get-better Wishes to ASAS!

I agree with you two re: the Dentist. Has become insanely costly and a complete insurance racket! My passed FIL was a dentist and really was disappointed with what has happened to the practice. Here in Canada we do have one of the federal parties trying to get it included in our healthcare, hopefully something might happen. Dental health is directly linked to cardiac health and seriously shouldn't be overlooked. ASAS, not certain where your "home country" is, but yeah, that is such a huge difference! Canada here also has one of the most expensive home internet rates on the planet. Geez. Anyway, I'm just griping now. Lol!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-22, 03:48 PM  
T2B

]ASAS - I’m glad you’re being cautious and waiting to start H&C until you are better. I know I should take a few days off so I may wait until next week to start as well. I wanted to start XTrain in March but I think I’m going to wait. DSL is March 13th and it’s always a challenge for me. I’m looking forward to doing some of my other workouts so I don’t want to commit to Cathe for 3 months. After H&C, I’m looking at an ICE series and/or kettlebells rotation.

Elsie - thanks for the congrats!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 01:40 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, thank you! A lot of days I don't feel like a Warrior! But I just plod on, arthritis pain and all! I don't want to rust, haha.//And big CONGRATS to those awesome results of your STS/LIS rotation - HOLY HiiT!! I know if I was keeping track of my food intake, I'd do much better as well...doesn't matter what workouts I do, LMAO! I got away from MFP and I am paying for it - ugh!

Thank you all for the thoughts/good wishes for my mom. Friday when we were there, she made a down payment on a ALF room!!! I guess she's going for sure, LOL! She has a week to tell them for sure...so they'll hold onto her check until Friday. Yikes, it's all happening so fast! But she got the best room that was available...a BR Deluxe which has a little more space throughout and the best view, so that's good! (It also had the least walking to the elevator and to her room, so that's good too!). Now we have to start going through her stuff in the condo to get ready for an estate sale...

Hope everyone has a good week!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-22, 02:18 PM  
Tammie M

Elsie, yes it's a relief! Now we know she will get her medicine and have wellness checks. They make sure she stays involved also.

AnMrsDe, congratulations on getting your mom into AL! Also, congratulations on getting your mom to do an estate sale. We had to promise my mom that we keep her stuff in storage.

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day yesterday!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts