Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-18-22, 11:28 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey Watulans!

Workouts: Tuesday was Physique 57 Classic Volume 2. I hadn't done P57 in AGES and enjoyed it, despite Tanya's constant chatter. She's a goof! Yesterday was CL 103 Cardio Circuit Mashup. Goodness Cathe has some adorable leggings! Fun stuff.

Liz, we'd love you to join in! Your post to The Amazing Kate was super sweet.

Kate, I hope you're feeling better. I'm having to back off a bit and modify some stuff with my 'thutt' injury right now, grrrr, so I'm with you!

Horusosiris, hang in there!! Moving is so stressful.

FN2, I've loved watching your progression of names for VVfer (and totally agree on the current Adult status, hah!).

ChelePA, how'd the tackling of the yard go? I hear you on the dry.

Oh, speaking of water...apparently our neighborhood has a few wells which get switched automatically based on pressure. Well, not sure what's going on right now or which source we're on, but the last few days our water STINKS so bad. I keep trying to convince myself we're at the hot springs (same sulfuric smell) but it's not really working. Hoping it clears up soon...it usually doesn't go on for days like it is right now, sigh. Bee, do you all ever have that problem? Just curious.

Waves to all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 12:41 PM  
ChelePA

I’m thinking about subscribing to Cathe Live maybe in September. It will be one year since I was allowed to start putting minimal weight on my injured leg. That newest low impact express looked really good. Right up my alley. It’s strange because I feel guilty that I have all the DVDs to actually subscribe to her services. I know I’m strange. It’s so reasonably priced. I just really like the live aspect. Especially with the added breaks that are much needed these days for me. Peloton members back in the classes made me realize how much fun and how different some instructors are with participants. Do you ladies have a preference Live versus DVDs? I know she doesn’t lift as heavy but for me that’s perfectly fine. I’m still using at the heaviest 12 pound dumbbells and sometimes 15. Rarely do I go above that unless it’s for a very short duration and only one dumbbell at a time. Curious on your take since so many of you have been using it for so long. Also it’ll be much easier now that we have Roku on the exercise TV so I won’t have to hook up my computer anymore. I think I’m talking myself into it. Ha ha.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 12:53 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Chele, do NOT guilt yourself...the combo of both her DVDs and Live is worth it. I enjoy mixing them both up. Live just has soooo much variety and you never know what's coming, and I enjoy revisiting the DVDs when I'm craving something specific. DO IT. Oh, and congrats on amazing progress in just one year. You have come so far!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 03:19 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Chele, yes DO IT! SUBSCRIBE! You will be glad you did. I have almost all of her DVDs too but the Lives are different and there are now over 400 of them! So I don't really have a preference---the DVDs are obviously more "polished" but there is something about the immediacy of the Lives that is appealing to me. Maybe try it for a month, see if it works for you, then do the 6 months to get the discount. Either way it's a great value, IMHO. And it's easy with the Roku---there's instructions on her site on how to load it on the Roku and it's not hard to do.

Are you convinced yet??

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 03:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Workouts: followed the rotation and did Circuit Blast. Well, meh. I didn't care for this workout. 1) Far too many jarring moves, even in the "weight" portions of the circuit, and since it went from exercise to exercise I didn't have a chance to come up with a good modification without pausing it. 2) Crazy Smiling Woman and another perhaps a CSW in training. Perhaps they should get together with the Live woman and make their own workout! Anyhow it was distracting to me. So I persisted and finished it and decided I was gonna do something fun to get the meh taste out of my mouth. So I did CL #262 Cardio HiiT plus Core (Core-less for me). This was fun, even with my modifications for the high impact.

FN1/SHW, oh, Cathe does have some cute leggings! I liked the ones in #262 as well. Do you happen to know what brand that logo is that I see on the hip of the pants? I know I've seen it and it's driving me crazy. I know I would never find the ones she is wearing and if I did they would be too expensive for this girl (nope, not paying $80 for leggings---didn't even do that for dress pants for work!) but I'm curious!

horusosiris, sending good vibes! Hope all gets settled soon with your moving!

Ugh--gotta run! Waves!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-22, 06:41 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hellllloooo! I'm feeling very behind.

Kate, will echo what the others have said -- sorry to hear about injuries/sickness -- I can imagine it's incredibly difficult for you to be knocked down like that. You are always busy! Hopefully by now you're feeling a bit better. I hope the injury isn't something that lingers.

Chele, is your daughter getting excited about moving into the dorm and starting school? My older son starts classes just after labor day, I think, and Dylan, the one at home will start community college classes at the end of September! They're on the quarter system so it's a wacky schedule.

Good to know I'm not the only one foiled by left foot/right foot start. Either way!

kittybug, they tend to have regular showings of The Lost Boys around town. During lockdown they turned the boardwalk parking lot into a drive-in theater and that was one of the movies.

Liz, yes, please join us!

cataddict, I'm continuing with my own MOL August rotation. I stuck fairly close this week, I think, with Strong Stacked Sets (or whatever it's called) Lower then Upper -- those are great, solid strength workouts, if not a bit repetitive (the lower seemed worse than the upper to me), and then today I did Perfect HIIT low impact. Funny enough I was thinking about how my heart rate always gets quite close to the 220 - your age number, but never quite there. Well, today I went above it. I was trying to exaggerate the moves and really move my arms to ensure it. I am having fun following her rotation.

I have been busy, busy. That's a good thing until I look around and see what a disaster my house has become. I do not know how I am surrounded by so many night owls here. I have always been a pretty early morning morning person. When we had kids my husband eventually adapted to an earlier schedule and that has stuck for him. I will not tell you how early we go to bed some nights.

Waves to everyone!
Old 08-18-22, 07:01 PM  
Mickey12

Bee I go to bed at 9:30 pm and get up at 5:45 am. So I don’t think you’re the only one. As I have gotten older I prefer waking up earlier even on weekends when I can sleep in. Now, I still sleep in, maybe until 7 or 7:30 am. But I like doing workouts in the evening so I don’t really think I’m a total morning person.

Oh Kate I’m so sorry you injured yourself. I’m wishing you a speedy recovery. Try to rest but I know it’s hard for you to slow down.

It’s almost vacation time. We’re going next week!

My workouts have been pretty routine. I’m walking at lunch a lot of days. Yesterday and today I did Leslie’s Walk to the HIITs. She made three of these DVDs. I think they are my favorite Leslie’s. The music is sound alike artists but it doesn’t bother me. The songs are just fun!

Have a great evening, Watulans.
Old 08-19-22, 06:48 AM  
ChelePA

You ladies are definitely enablers. And that’s why I love this group!

I’ve been up every two hours with poor Winston. GI upset persists. Not sure why. Going to add some probiotics to his food today to see if it helps.

I decided to go ahead with the Peloton calendar this morning since I was wide awake. 10 minutes of core. 10 minutes floor barre. 20 minutes lower body. I didn’t use any dumbbells. Body weight only since I didn’t want to go in the basement and leave Winston alone.

Hoping his stomach settles today. Especially since we have move-in tomorrow with my daughter.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 01:59 PM  
manleym

Oh my - how overwhelmed and far behind I feel!!

Bee, I'm right there with ya feeling so far behind and busy. Work has been crazy, but it always is at the beginning of the year. I go to bed early too. I'm doing good to stay awake until 9:30. I've always been a sleeper though. My mom used to say I turned into a pumpkin at 9. She told me a story about getting so tired when I was toddler that I laid down on the sidewalk and fell asleep. HA!

Kim we have very similar bedtime schedules. I "officially" go to bed around 9:30ish, after having been dozing on the couch for who knows how long. Alarm goes off at 5:15 am weekdays, out of bed by 5:30 am. Weekends is anywhere between 6-7 am. Have a GREAT time on your vacy! I know you can't wait!!!

KateTT BIG HUGS to you! I hope you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself and be patient. It's so very hard but you are a fierce Watulan and can overcome anything!

ChelePA YES you need Cathe Live! I have almost all of her dvds too, and I love Live! There are some Lives I like better than the dvd version. I don't think you'll regret it. Hope Winston is feeling better. That's stressful with move-in day tomorrow. Hope everything goes well! I know your daughter is excited and you are sad - Mama's heart. Hugs!

Kittybug hope the water smell has gone away. That rotten egg smell is the absolute WORST! UGH!! I also love some of Cathe's workout clothes, esp. the leggings. But like Cataddict there is no way I'm spending that much money. I usually get my workout clothes off the clearance rack and still am picky about how much I'm willing to spend.

Horusosiris I know you have quite a nice home gym setup and a massive dvd collection (YES, I have home-gym-dvd-collection envy!) Curious if you have the same set up at your house in MD. Have you transitioned your gym and dvds to your MD home?

VVFer I'm so glad you're getting together with your Meet Up groups. I'm so sorry about your root canal. I'm about to have quite a bit of dental work done myself - replacing crowns, etc. Years ago I broke a tooth, had to have it extracted, and have an implant. So I know all about tooth woes. And I take really good care of mine - brush, floss, nightguard. I joke that my bad teeth is part of my inheritance - my grandmother and mom both had bad teeth. Hugs to you!!!

Sorry this is so brief. Just wanted to say hi to all of you!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 02:07 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Last Week:
Monday - Cathe The Gauntlet (TOUGH! Ran out of steam towards end)
Tuesday - Pure Barre Results Thighs (good; felt the burn; would really burn with proper form; need to practice)
Wednesday - CL #63 Fitness Fusion (Whew! Great variety; HR up! sweaty)
Thursday - CL #407 Build It, Burn It Bootcamp (Good; no cardio; mostly UB, esp. triceps; metabolic)
Friday - SB Tighten, Tone, & Torch (WOW! Knee dancing! Really good burn) + Flat Belly Barre Classic Barre (worked well with Cardio Torch; same moves/types of moves)
Saturday - Paul Katami Kettlebell Krush (great metabolic/cardio) + JSmith WS BB+IS Poise & Grace ( barre moves; good)

This week:
Monday - Pure Barre Resistance 1 (good; tubing adds resistance) + CDorner 40 Min Low Impact or High Impact Cardio Workout To the Beat!!! Exercise VIDEO! (FUN! Great music; HR up; lots of shout-outs, looking for/calling dogs)
Tuesday - CL #105 Scrambled Cardio & Weights (thanks for the rec Kittybug!)
Wednesday - Tracy Effinger Squeeze Lower Body Challenge (burns! still don’t like camera angles, unfocused shots; WU-fast deadlifts w/heavy weights, no CD) + Ballet Body LB Stretch
Thursday - CL #30 Kickboxing And Compound Weights (couple of awkward combos; even Cathe got off, but overall good workout)

I think today I'm going to try PB Results Abs. KB I'll let you know how it goes with the tubing.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in