Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-09-22, 05:28 PM  
gigi

I don't quite know how I did it but I completed Killer Kickboxing HiiT. My cardio capacity is suffering but this was not too bad. Then I did Iron Series Day 22:Chest & Back. I needed to workout today because my lower body and butt were so sore from Sunday's workout. Hopefully this will help with the soreness.
Old 08-10-22, 05:43 PM  
wendug

Yesterday was a yard work day so that was my workout.

Today I was having issues with my internet so I pulled out a DVD. Jari Love- Get Ripped and Jacked. I think I've done this workout twice- once for upper body and once for lower body. Today I did the entire workout + abs at 80 minutes (!). This workout is done with lighter weights at a tempo of 8-8, 8-8, 2-6, 2-6, 4-4, 4-4, 4-4, and 4-4. Each move goes through these tempos two times. I was able to lift relatively heavy for lower body (20 lb dumbbells), but I had to go lighter than expected on upper body (5-12 lb. dumbbells). The tempo of 8-8 is KILLER. Great workout, and the guy leading the workout reminds me of a boyfriend from college.
Old 08-11-22, 08:48 PM  
wendug

I walked my dogs and a clients dogs today as well as starting prep work to paint my living room. I've moved furniture and all the dust and dog fur that was revealed was swept up. I cleaned walls to have a clean slate for repairs and paint. I probably won't work out for a few days as I hope to get this done over the weekend. I've been meaning to do this for quite a while and now that I've started I'm determined to get it done quickly.
Old 08-13-22, 08:58 PM  
gigi

I am overwhelmed with grief and work. I worked out two days last week. Maybe I can try for 3 days this week.
Old 08-14-22, 12:19 AM  
Erica H.

Gigi - big hugs to you. There's no pressure to work out right now. Do it when you feel like you want/need to. Take care of yourself as much as you can and don't let your workouts be an extra stress on your body and mind.

Wendy - hope your weekend project is going well! All of that sounds like a functional fitness workout! I love Jari and I think it's really good to mix things up for muscle confusion. Some of her workouts are tough!

Yesterday was my dd's bday. Two days before that we went to a funeral for my neighbor's dd. Just an example of so many ups and downs in our lives lately. Dd goes back to college in a couple of days and we will miss her so much (she's our youngest).

Workouts are good. Lots of Caroline, a little bit of others. Went for a walk yesterday and my foot felt better than it's been (8 months post-op).

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 05:05 PM  
wendug

Angela- you'll need a bit of time to work back up to where you were before and that is okay. Grief takes a lot out of you and add starting the school year to that, too, it is a lot. Be kind to yourself!

Erica- Glad to hear your foot feels better! And yes, it is good to mix up workouts. Is your dd's college close enough that you see her fairly regularly?

I didn't completely finish painting the living room over the weekend. I have one small area behind the tv to do. I spent many hours over the weekend moving furniture, cleaning, painting, doing touch ups, 2nd coats, moving furniture back. Ugh! I don't know how many times I went up and down the step stool this weekend, but it was a LOT. My husband was out of town so I did all this work myself. He got home early this am and was surprised at all the work I had done. It feels so clean in the living room now.

I'm quite tired today after my painting adventure, but I did get in a workout. Michelle Briehler's Full Body Workout with Weights. I did enjoy this one with the mix of heavy weights along with lighter weights and cardio moves.
Old 08-15-22, 07:01 PM  
gigi

Thanks Wendy. No workout again. I left the house at 6:30 and got home a littlbe before 7. I had a great first day with students but I am exhausted. I am going to be in bed no later than 9 (which is my normal bedtime). I was hoping to get there earlier tonight.
Old 08-17-22, 07:40 PM  
wendug

I didn't get to workout in the last couple of days. Yesterday I got home late from an appointment and had to mow the yard.

Today a client needed me to walk her dogs, so I had 2 long dog walks. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get in an "official" workout.
Old 08-18-22, 05:29 PM  
wendug

It feels so good to get a workout in today! Even though I might be active doing other things, it just doesn't feel the same as a good workout!

Today's workout- Caroline Girvan- Epic II Day 3- Upper Body. Wow is this one shoulder intensive! I started with my 20s for shoulders but had to drop to 15s for some of the shoulder work because there was SO MUCH of it! And ending on push-ups for the finisher was just cruel. Yep, those were done on my knees as my upper body was too spent!
Old 08-18-22, 06:07 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Is your dd's college close enough that you see her fairly regularly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Today's workout- Caroline Girvan- Epic II Day 3- Upper Body. Wow is this one shoulder intensive! I started with my 20s for shoulders but had to drop to 15s for some of the shoulder work because there was SO MUCH of it! And ending on push-ups for the finisher was just cruel. Yep, those were done on my knees as my upper body was too spent!
Dd's college is 1200 miles away. She's the farthest away of my 4 kids. But technology helps a lot with keeping in touch.

Great workout! I forgot about that one and put it on my list to do sometime again soon. Shoulders are the one body part I usually go lighter than Caroline. I'm just too paranoid about a shoulder injury.

Today I did RESILIENT LEG DAY WORKOUT - Lower Body Complexes - Dumbbells | EPIC III Day 7.

Angela - thinking of you.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts