Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-29-22, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Fry-Yay! TGIF!!!!

No rain, not a drop, unless you count the air. My co-worker's well is about to go dry. Times like this make me appreciate the benefits of being hamstrung with water and sewer bills.

Anyway, I opted for the gym where I did 15 minutes of treadmill and 45 minutes of weight machines and dumbbells. About 5,000 steps for the day. I tried a couple of Jason Stephenson healing meditations before bed. This morning I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and tried an Ask Angels healing meditation on Arch Angel Raphael. The angel one had nice brainwave music after the talking part.

My Planet Fitness is a real nice one - but I was still having jealousy pangs after viewing Sandra's new place.

Margot I love that you saw our chick in the moonlight. I saw him helicoptering a lot yesterday, and taking flights away from the nest. At one point Dad brought back just the nib end of a fish tale for his lunch - hint, hint! Get out there kiddo!

Hi Cyana, good to see you survived another week. Do you have farmer's market plans this weekend? I saw that Chucky story! LOL - I had a manager before this job who we called Bride of Chucky Two.

Beth, did you get your canal side bike ride in? That sounds so nice and refreshing.

Hello to anyone who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 09:22 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Beth, did you get your canal side bike ride in? That sounds so nice and refreshing.
Pat, that's the plan for this afternoon. It is always nice by the canal, and there are a variety of routes I can take - only PITA is putting the bike in the car.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 10:11 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pilates Perfect Body with Andrea Speir (Core Blast workout and Tight Tush workout)

I'll be going for a walk with my grandson later this morning. I love our walks together!

Margot, your visit of the local Mansion and a walk around the estate sound wonderful!

Cyana, yikes, that kid in the Chucky costume would be creepy to see, LOL!

Hello to Pat, Beth, Pam, Carolyn, Sandra and everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 03:59 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I have read about "The Exercise Paradox" before but I came across this excellent article and I wanted to share it with you:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...rcise-paradox/
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 05:56 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Normally I don't work out on Fridays, but since I missed yesterday (Life got in the way) and I am on vacation from the library this week, I got in

Today's Workout: Sandra's Upper Body Premix from Margaret Richard's Beauty To the Bone (all of the upper body work in Volume 1 plus the Back work in Volume 2).

Re Chuze Fitness, unfortunately I don't think the pics on the website page are of my actual gym since there is still construction going on in there. I am guessing it will be similar, though. I am definitely excited about going to a brand new facility! In mid-August they are having a special outdoor event with two classes, but I'll be working. I chose the basic $10/month membership, which doesn't include access to the pool or group classes. I mainly envision using the cardio and lower body weight machines. However, I'm sure if I want to someday upgrade my membership I believe Chuze will be happy to accommodate me LOL!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-22, 10:47 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! Yesterday morning I did Qigong for Depression, than started Lucy's Posture & Mobility challenge on my lunch break.

In the evening I had an almost supernatural experience at the beach. I hit the birding jackpot! Ospreys overhead, ducks, egrets, American oyster catchers, geese, killdeer, and terns. The terns aren't a common visitor there. I saw a mother common tern feeding her baby out on a rock. They are very vocal birds and the baby was some chatterbox.

I walked to a tidal pool further down the street and discovered it to be half mud from the drought. But it was a shorebird oasis. I saw a mama great egret with three babies not to mention least terns darting and dive bombing all over the place. Diving for little fish, skimming the pond surface and running around in the mud foraging. There were also greater and lesser yellow legs, a type of large piper, running all over squawking up a storm. A kingfisher was diving for dinner, and in the center a grumpy great blue heron was trying to catch a nap. He kept unfolding his neck and making loud GROK noises at all the terns and pipers.

It felt like a gift from my angels. I had been very depressed all day and it was a healing to experience.

I spent all my time gabbing - will catch up tomorrow. Everyone make it a great day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-22, 05:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, sorry to hear that you were having a down day but glad that nature was healing.

Paine, that was an interesting article. Sounds like science still doesn't understand much about how we expend calories.

Sandra, that is excited about the new gym membership, and it sounds like a great deal! I haven't belonged to a gym since graduate school.

I taught Mind-Body-Brew yoga this morning. My friend/co-host is on vacation, so DH came with me to the class - he didn't do the yoga but hung and we had lunch at the brewery after. Oh, we also rescheduled our little getaway trip for the end of next month.

I can't believe it will be August in a few days! We haven't had super-hot weather here since last week. Right now it's sunny, breezy, and very comfortable, high 70s.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-22, 08:08 PM  
JustSandra

Dang -- 500 error!

Old 07-30-22, 08:08 PM  
JustSandra

Anyway, a lower body Margaret day.

Old 07-31-22, 05:07 AM  
Margot

Happy Sunday!

Yesterday's workouts:
- Body Groove's new class 'That Summer Feeling' led by Heather (15 min)
- ETV Meg's class for swimmers minus the floor work (July 28) I'm really liking Meg's classes, since she returned and also the lovely setting in Costa Rica.
- HealthBarre Total Body Sculpt (30 min)
- 2 hours gardening

Paine - Thank you for sharing the article. I found it fascinating. As Beth said, there's still so much we don't understand about the human body. I remember reading that our body doesn't care if we're happy or not; it's just concerned with keeping us safe and alive.

Beth - Yes, I subscribe to Sandra's HealthBarre streaming. Did you manage to do the 12 minute routine? It sounds as though you had a nice morning and lunch at the Brewery. My DH wouldn't be interested in yoga either.

Pat - I just checked the nest but no chick. Hopefully, he's gone in search of breakfast. Sorry you felt down yesterday but what a treat to see all the bird activity at the beach. Nature is sure food for the soul. I thought that the other day when I was walking through the woods.

Sandra - The best thing about being retired is that you'll be able to go to the gym during the quiet times of the day. Ugh! Not that 500 error again.

Cyana - Thanks for the link. Hope you're resting this weekend.

We have some rain showers today, which will be good for the garden and also good for me, in that I won't have to go out there and do more weeding!

Wishing everyone a great day, whatever you're doing.