Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-22, 02:35 PM  
Gams

Erica, I love Rakuten, too. I’ve received checks as high as $120. Sometimes if there’s something I’m going to buy I’ll wait a few days to see if the rebate goes up at the store. I shop a lot at QVC and over the holidays the rebate was 1% and then went up to 15% so that’s when I made my purchases.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 02:53 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
I have the Sprout, Harvest, Harvest Slim and 2 Bounties. I started with the small 3 hole Sprout and my collection grew from there within 6 months. The Farm models are interesting and bigger but just way too expensive for the limited things it can grow, in my opinion. The mid-range Bounty model is the most flexible model in terms of how much and what you can grow. I think it's the best value too. Not crazy expensive like the Farm. For the least expensive option with moderate growth room, I'd opt for the Harvest.
Thank you! I'm thinking this would be a great gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Erica, I love Rakuten, too. I’ve received checks as high as $120. Sometimes if there’s something I’m going to buy I’ll wait a few days to see if the rebate goes up at the store. I shop a lot at QVC and over the holidays the rebate was 1% and then went up to 15% so that’s when I made my purchases.
Yes, I do that too and should have added that to my post - makes a huge difference when the cash back goes up to 10-15% like that!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 02:59 PM  
Vantreesta

How does Rakuten work? I remember seeing commercials but never really knew how it works.

Thanks for all the great tips! Keep 'em comin'!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 03:03 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
How does Rakuten work? I remember seeing commercials but never really knew how it works.

Thanks for all the great tips! Keep 'em comin'!
https://www.rakuten.com/blog/about-u...very%20quarter.

This explains it better than I can. I've used it for many years and have been really happy with it. They have good service too if you don't receive your money back from your purchase.

Erica
Old 07-23-22, 03:29 PM  
Gams

I agree, Erica, about the good customer service, too. One time I received a rebate check that wasn’t signed. My bank wouldn’t accept it so I contacted Rakuten and they got me a replacement check right away.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 03:55 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Thank you! I'm thinking this would be a great gift.

Erica
You're welcome!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 04:06 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Meal planning, snack planning, and not going out or ordering too much take-out for us. I plan all meals and snacks for a month at a time and try to make as much with local produce and items from my garden. Eating seasonally and locally saves a lot, and I really enjoy leaning into each season (especially looking forward to fall again!!).

I use digital store coupons and make sure to load them before I go to the store. Since we cook nearly all of our meals (even make our own pizzas!), this cuts down on a lot of unnecessary calories and $$.

I use my Amazon points every month and save them up if I know we have to buy something expensive.

No gym memberships here either, just a couple monthly subscriptions and my gazillion DVDs.

We have a few streaming services but since we're homebodies and don't drink anymore, and don't go out much to restaurants/bars hardly ever, it's our entertainment!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 10:28 AM  
DCW

We have dramatically cut down on prepared food.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 12:14 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
https://www.rakuten.com/blog/about-u...very%20quarter.

This explains it better than I can. I've used it for many years and have been really happy with it. They have good service too if you don't receive your money back from your purchase.

Erica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I agree, Erica, about the good customer service, too. One time I received a rebate check that wasn’t signed. My bank wouldn’t accept it so I contacted Rakuten and they got me a replacement check right away.
Thanks! Definitely will look into this.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 12:29 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thanks! Definitely will look into this.
If you decide to do it, please contact me or Gams first for a referral - both you and the person who refers receives a bonus.

Erica

Tags
shopping