Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-09-21, 06:43 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of May 9

Good morning, everyone. My workout yesterday was PHA2 + a 40-minute walk with DH in the morning.

Karjoy - Sounds like you're having good weather. Ours has been pretty cool but I've enjoyed not roasting when I go outside.

Waves to all. Have a good Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 05:30 AM  
Cher

We got back from FL about 9 pm Saturday night. It was a long day!

Yesterday (Mother’s Day) Joseph went out in the morning and came home with a Taco Bell breakfast burrito and a big bottle of the wine that I like for me since he couldn’t do any Mother’s Day shopping for me. It was perfect! Then later we went to my sister’s to celebrate Mother’s Day with my mom and just ordered Chinese food so nobody had to cook.

Today back at the exercising and all that good stuff. I’m back to having to wear my glasses for the week again too since the cataract surgery on my right eye is next Monday and I can’t wear my contacts for a week before the surgery.

JBliff - Thanks for starting us off this week.

Karen - Back to our highs of 50’s here. Surprisingly, we never did end up seeing any rain while in FL. Friday was a beautiful day after that humidity hit the road!

Vannie - Our fancy cabin was so nice! I sat out on our screened in porch daily and probably used the porch hot tub 4 out of the 7 evenings. Good luck with your second shot. Which one are you getting? I had Maderna. My arm hurt after my second one but not as much as with the first one but I was so tired all day the day after. Hopefully you don’t get any side effects.

Waves to Gibbee!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-21, 11:58 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 55 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - I'm glad to hear you had a nice cabin in Florida and got to use the hot tub so much! How sweet of Joseph to get you breakfast for Mother's Day.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 05-10-21, 07:50 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Welcome back Cher! Glad you had a good time in Florida and had a lovely updated cabin with a hot tub. Nice! I heard it got up to 92 degrees in Orlando today. Sweltering, the weatherman said. A screened in deck or porch is almost a necessity here in Florida.

3 of us ran 5 miles today and the summer slowdown has officially arrived 71 degrees and 97 % humidity at 0530. We finished a little early and I knocked out some squats and lunges and overhead presses with a 35# barbell and did some step ups on a 16” step.

Jbliff I gave a feeling your nice weather won’t last much longer either. I know it was nice while it lasted.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 06:37 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe’s Push Pull and every single minute of it was torcher just to make myself keep going and do it. I also ended up going for about a 30 minute walk later in the afternoon too.

Karen - We are still only highs in the 50’s and even had a freeze warning for early this morning. Crazy. That heat and humidity down there gets pretty bad. We get that up here too but it’s usually only for a few days or weeks at a time and usually only July and early August.

Waves to everyone!
Old 05-11-21, 07:25 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hey guys, favorite Cathe ab workout section from a fairly recent series? I would prefer 12 min or less if possible. Thanks!
Old 05-11-21, 09:13 AM  
JBliff

I took a rest day yesterday as I've been having some pain on my right side and wasn't sure if it was a muscle strain or not. I haven't taken a rest day in a few months so I figured I was due.

Karjoy - Hands down my favorite ab work right now is Perfect30, clocking in at about 9 minutes. I also like the RwH and ICE core work--I think at least one is less than 12 min.
Old 05-11-21, 08:44 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

4 of us did 4 miles this am with four (400 meter) intervals in the middle. Fun! Very humid though.

Jbliff I didn’t get a chance to check back for suggestions on abs, so I grabbed Cathe’s Butts and Guts and did 10-11 minutes of the Stability Ball Abs. I forgot how good these were! Every part gets worked well but you don’t feel dead when done. The ICE firework is great.

Cher have you started to recover from your trip? Always good to get back in a routine I guess. Sigh.

Hi Vannie and Gibbee.
Old 05-12-21, 05:48 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jenny Ford Walk Across America Rhodes Island.

Karen - I rarely add ab work anymore. Yes, starting to get back to normal around here.....just in time to go up north for the weekend. Going to help my parents open up the cabin....getting the water turned back on and get the yard back in order after winter.

JBliff - You’re definitely due for a rest day. How are you feeling today? Any better?
Old 05-12-21, 02:27 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk in town + 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher
- My side still hurts so I think I'm taking this week as an active rest week and won't do any strength training or jumping around.

Karjoy - I always enjoyed the ab work in B&G. I don't like doing full situps anymore since it puts too much stress on your spine so doing abs on the ball is nice.

Our weather is so lovely this week--mid 60s to low 70s and sunny. I am really enjoying it. I hope everyone is having good spring weather.