Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-25-21, 07:22 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Insight Timer recs for reducing anger

I am so mad at my employer that I don’t know how I can make it through tomorrow without getting my big-mouth self fired. I may have to call in sick just to save my job. Do any of you Insight Timer users have a recommendation for a good meditation for releasing anger?
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 12:19 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I don't have an Insight Timer recommendation (though I love that app) but try these from Youtube.

10 Minute Calming Yoga for Anger & Frustration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AYyezYP3Bs

Meditation for Anger & Frustration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmFlg_Q-lmc
Old 03-26-21, 12:52 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I am so mad at my employer that I don’t know how I can make it through tomorrow without getting my big-mouth self fired. I may have to call in sick just to save my job. Do any of you Insight Timer users have a recommendation for a good meditation for releasing anger?
_____
YADeb

I wish you well. I've been where you are. I hope you can deal with the situation in a more mature and more civilized fashion than how I dealt with my Supervisor/Boss/Superior problem.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 06:11 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Thank you both for your input. I found a meditation on Insight Timer that helped. Even this morning as I was driving to work and thinking about what I was facing I felt much calmer. When I got to work I was able to vent to a coworker and she helped me see that it is a corporate-wide problem and that my job-code wasn’t singled out for a slap in the face.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 06:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Deb, I'm glad you were able to find some calm and talk with your coworker. I have left three jobs bc of owners/management and it sucks that things get to that point. Wishing you the best in finding a workable solution to the problems.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 07:02 PM  
Izzy

[QUOTE=YetAnotherDeb;2918101]I am so mad at my employer that I don’t know how I can make it through tomorrow without getting my big-mouth self fired. I may have to call in sick just to save my job. Do any of you Insight Timer users have a recommendation for a good meditation for releasing anger?

This is tough. I can’t tell you how many times I have been down that road. I feel I can write a book on bad bosses. A few destroyed my life. So many people do not belong in a management role. I don’t have any recommendations but I used to and still do walk at lunch and listen to books just to get away. I also used the EAP program offered by employers. My best advice it is not you. Just do your job. Nothing you do won’t change who they are. Only you can change how you respond to them. I wish you well. Stay strong.

Tags
insight timer, meditation