Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-19, 03:54 PM  
ChelePA

Woohoo!!! Finally conquered 4DS High Intensity Step. I was able to pick up Lower Intensity pretty quickly. Lots of fun!!! So glad my family bought it with Step Boss. Loving the new step routines ❤️. I’ve been practicing a chapter here and there because I’m in the last week of Cathe’s May rotation (which is awesome too). Feeling accomplished!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-19, 09:05 PM  
ncl

I am all in with choreographed step. My favorites from Cathe are

Step Blast
Step Moves and
Party Rockin Step 1
the step segement from Boydmax 2.

enjoy!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-19, 10:26 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Woohoo!!! Finally conquered 4DS High Intensity Step. I was able to pick up Lower Intensity pretty quickly. Lots of fun!!! So glad my family bought it with Step Boss. Loving the new step routines ❤️. I’ve been practicing a chapter here and there because I’m in the last week of Cathe’s May rotation (which is awesome too). Feeling accomplished!
Good for you! I remember when I finally tried HIS and LIS from the 4DS series. It was like finding 2 little (relatively) hidden gems. I remember being able to catch onto LIS pretty quickly but there was one part of HIS I never quite fully caught on to. Currently I'm only able to do Cathe's Basic Step fitness-wise but hope to get back into good enough shape to do all my old favorites, including mastering HIS.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 04:41 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I am all in with choreographed step. My favorites from Cathe are

Step Blast
Step Moves and
Party Rockin Step 1
the step segement from Boydmax 2.

enjoy!
Thanks for sharing your list of favorites!

Quote:
Congratulations! That one is on my list for some point in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Good for you! I remember when I finally tried HIS and LIS from the 4DS series. It was like finding 2 little (relatively) hidden gems. I remember being able to catch onto LIS pretty quickly but there was one part of HIS I never quite fully caught on to. Currently I'm only able to do Cathe's Basic Step fitness-wise but hope to get back into good enough shape to do all my old favorites, including mastering HIS.
When I first started stepping again Cathe’s Basic and Intermediate Step DVDs were all I did for a while and initially only on the step topper until I was sure my SI Joint would stay where it belongs.

Now I’m up to 45 minutes of her classics or a 10 minute step warm up and a more choreographed 30 minute premix. I’m hopeful I’ll be able to keep advancing, slowly but surely. You’ll get there!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 05:50 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

It's been a while since I have done it but I have always liked the step premix from Low Impact Circuit. These days I would probably skip through the blasts or maybe just do a few of them. But it truly is low impact which I appreciate.

Her intermediate Low Impact Step workout isn't bad but there are hops and jumps in it which to me is not low impact. I am sure one could modify it easily.

I also like her Basic Step workout, not the most exciting routine but it's a nice little workout.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 10:30 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I've now been able to do Party Rockin' Step 1 a couple of times, so now I can do it without having to pause and rewind or stop and stare at Cathe. It's so fun! It's absolutely getting up there to the top of my list and makes me feel like I'm just dancing on that step. I can't wait until I know it well enough to not panic when putting together the 'finished product' at the end. I still need her every cue because I'm still not sure what comes next, but I'll get it!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 08:48 AM  
ChelePA

Now that I’ve done the step routines from 4DS multiple times, I’m loving them! The lower intensity workout is really nice for a light day.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 01:20 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Now that I’ve done the step routines from 4DS multiple times, I’m loving them! The lower intensity workout is really nice for a light day.
I did lower intensity yesterday and my feelings about it were all over the place. I loved the warm up so much! That “L” step with the skips is too much fun! Sadly I found the actual WO to be irritating. She could have killed the blasts or whatever she called them and actually used the time to build up the choreography and what fun it would have been!

Of course my feelings could totally change the next time I do it. I wasn’t totally lost, more like I ended up on the correct foot every time but kept wondering exactly how I had gotten there.

I’m loving these shorter Step and weight training WOs I’ve been using. I put up separate posts to list them on my blog. It makes it easier to choose when the names and running times are right in front of me. If anyone has additional suggestions let me know. I still have quite a few to add but the more the merrier.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe step, favorite step, step, step aerobics