Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-17, 06:31 PM  
hotncmom

Quick Barre3 online question

I just signed up for a free trial of Barre 3, with basic access to the streaming workout library. I saw a Facebook ad for the site, and they showed clips of several workouts in a room with a brown (wood?) wall in the back. All of the clips looked so good, it prompted me to sign up.

But when I got into the site, it looks like ALL of the workouts available are filmed in a different studio, one that has kind of an orange half-wall. Why can't I access any of the workouts that were advertised on Facebook? From what the site said, with a Basic membership, you can access the entire workout library and if you upgrade you get new workouts every month or every week (I guess, depending on how much you pay?) and maybe some other benefits (it's not very clear on the site).

Both the B3 Weekly and the Basic plan advertise access to 300+ workouts. The Basic plan says there is a new workout added to the library monthly.

There appears to be a backlog of "weekly" brown wall workouts going back some months...are these never added to the library for the Basic plan? If not, where do the new monthly workouts added to the Basic plan come from?

I just want the workouts! I don't care about all the extras: workout plans, nutritional guidance, goal trackers, workout reminders, etc.

Could someone please tell me what the deal is? Thanks!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 06:46 PM  
sillygirl

You are correct. The studio with the dark wood paneling/wall is only for the new weekly workouts for the upgraded plan. They do film monthly workouts for the standard plan in their brighter/white-walled studio. I upgraded at the beginning of the year and while I haven't been using them as much as I should, I do love the darker studio. The music is better too. The upgraded plan is pricey though and I'm not sure if I'll be renewing for another 6 months.

ETA: Unfortuantely, I don't think B3 plans to add those darker studio workouts to their standard membership library.

Last edited by sillygirl; 05-14-17 at 06:49 PM. Reason: ETA: comment above
sillygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 07:17 PM  
hotncmom

Thanks, Sillygirl!

If you upgrade, can you see all of the past workouts in the darker studio? Are they listed with the others so you can filter them like you can with the other workouts?

Yes, it is pricey. I have subscribed to Suzanne Bowen and Udaya, much more reasonable. PBL was reasonable but then the exchange rate changed and the last month I renewed, it was getting close to $20/mo. I don't mind $15/mo or below, so even Barre 3 Basic is kind of up there.

OTOH, I'm not really buying DVD's like I was a few years ago, so I guess it may balance out. Although, I have purchased some digital download workout programs like Perfect Body Yoga and Yoga 30 for 30.
Old 05-14-17, 07:27 PM  
sillygirl

Yup! You see all their "exclusive" weekly workouts starting from their first one on May 15th (2015?). They do a good job posting the new workouts by Saturday night (with a Monday date).

They don't appear to be part of the filtering system though. The weekly workouts are on a row above the other basic library workouts and you use arrows to scroll through the dates. The weekly workouts are all 30 minutes long and total body workouts. You can still favorite them like all the other workouts.
Old 05-14-17, 07:28 PM  
sillygirl

Check out the Barre3 channel on YouTube. They have 3 videos in the darker studio you can try out.
Old 05-14-17, 07:34 PM  
sillygirl

Here's another workout they posted on their website - Enjoy!

http://blog.barre3.com/2016/11/24/353212/
Old 05-14-17, 07:48 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Check out the Barre3 channel on YouTube. They have 3 videos in the darker studio you can try out.
Awesome! Thank you!

Do you think the darker studio workouts are measurably different or more fun or better than the workouts in the Basic membership? You mentioned better music...anything else other than a nicer-looking set that would justify paying the extra cost?
Old 05-14-17, 07:54 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Yup! You see all their "exclusive" weekly workouts starting from their first one on May 15th (2015?). They do a good job posting the new workouts by Saturday night (with a Monday date).

They don't appear to be part of the filtering system though. The weekly workouts are on a row above the other basic library workouts and you use arrows to scroll through the dates. The weekly workouts are all 30 minutes long and total body workouts. You can still favorite them like all the other workouts.
Thank you. I love the favorites feature.

I can't wait to get more into these. I think I had a trial subscription before and it didn't click, but now I look at these workouts and think they are just perfect for what I want right now.
Old 05-14-17, 09:06 PM  
sillygirl

I'm pretty good at justifying purchases so maybe I'm not the person to ask. I also have a PBL subscription and too many virgin DVDs that I have to get to eventually, but I do like how the B3 workouts make me happy. I used to dislike how the instructors talk (how they are all breathy and sound like Sadie) but now I really look forward to Andrew's and Harper's workouts especially (besides Sadie, she's my favorite). I like their encouragement and positive energy. I also appreciate streaming workouts that I can watch in 1080p. The video is just so clear! You can always try a month and then switch to the semi-annual or annual subscription if you end up really liking those weekly workouts!