Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-12, 07:54 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Unusual uses for Cathe's shorter step

For Atlantans, I was on Ponce and got stopped by the light at Mary Macs Tea Room (if you think of a tea room selling hard liquor and fried chicken and BBQ).
So I looked over and a woman got out of her minivan, opened a back sliding door, pulled out a short Cathe step in its lovely teal color, put down set of risers, put the step on and helped her lovely cane-carrying passengers into the back of the van.

They are sturdy, probably steadier than a step stool on uneven ground and I thought it was an excellent use for the product. It is smaller than a full size step and easier to handle.

I use mine sometimes on a buffet table, properly cleaned and draped, to add visual interest in the differing heights of the offerings.

Anybody else use their step for purposes Cathe never dreamed of?

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 08:28 PM  
Fidget Queen

I use it for my dog to sit on and look out the window.

I use it in my art room as a computer stand so that I can watch movies.

Before I got an art desk and chair, I used the high step and stability ball to sit and my easel.

Yesterday I used it to support my torso while doing TA's floor work.

Oh, I've also used it to hide new DVD purchases quickly when something arrived as or right before SO came home .
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 08:45 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I used the High Step as an end table for a while but then purchaced one with shelves and baskets for storage.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 09:45 PM  
rose181

I don't have a Cathe step but my 3 year old uses my purple Firm Fanny Lifter Step to help him reach the sink as he brushes his teeth. The blue one allows him to reach the island in the kitchen to help with the cooking. Also, my large original step makes the best playdough table and if propped on a chair an awesome car racing ramp.
rose181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 09:36 AM  
Sweetsal

I use mine as a doggy step so that my elderly pitbull can get up on the sofa. I have the dark gray version so it looks okay with the furniture.

BTW, I live in Atlanta as well and am very familiar with that area. I heard that when the original owner, presumably Mary, opened the business, it wasn't considered ladylike for a woman to own and operate a restaurant, particulary one that sold alcohol, so she dubbed it a "tea room," which was considered an acceptable business for a lady to own. I also heard that in my Mom's day (WWII era) it wasn't proper for girls to go inside the Varsity. "Ladies" stayed outside and ordered curbside.
Sweetsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 09:43 AM  
MKEMom

My purple and blue FIRM fanny lifter has also been used as a step stool to help my elderly grandparents get in and out of vehicles.

I was walking through my neighborhood recently and saw someone using their fanny lifter as a step for the kids to get onto their trampoline.
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 12:00 PM  
zellybelly

I have mine on a tv tray (that you would use to have dinner with) a couple of risers then my bose docking station is on that so when I use the ellptical I can hit next if I don't like a song, lol. I have exercise music ADD.
Old 08-20-12, 01:31 PM  
CarlaShanti

I used to use my Fanny Lifter to put candles and a small Buddha statue on for meditation. But then I got a low table for that.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 03:03 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
For Atlantans, I was on Ponce and got stopped by the light at Mary Macs Tea Room (if you think of a tea room selling hard liquor and fried chicken and BBQ).
Great, now all I can think about is having fried chicken at Mary Macs. Best chicken ever.
Old 08-20-12, 06:21 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

I don't have Cathe's small step but I've used my Fanny Lifter & my Transfirmer for construction chores. I'd use the various pieces to get me to the proper height while doing stone work on the house. Interesting balancing on a Fanny Lifter or Transfirmer piece on a scaffolding board way up high. Glad that's done & over!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fried chicken, martinis, step