Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-08-21, 08:34 PM  
MathTeacher

I am going to make an appointment next week to have yet another doctor look at my hip/thigh.

I need something to focus me for the last few weeks of school.

We've had lots of rain lately too. We are expecting more tomorrow.
Old 05-12-21, 09:57 AM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, I hope you can get some help for your hip. I'm sure there's an answer out there and it could be something very simple, just so hard to find the direction sometimes.

Vannie and Sherry, cool how you both do such a variety of workouts/instructors. I tend to stick with my go too's for dvd's. I do branch out a little for youtube. Vannie, you mentioned Upright Health recently...I hadn't been on their channel for quite some time. Then I realized I had added a clip to my rehab playlist from Vincent on the sidelying fire hydrant for hips/glutes. I had forgotten about it but it seems to work quite a bit better for me than clams do, even a little better than just a sidelying straight legged raise. Yay!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 10:25 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I've been knocked out with fatigue and headache the last two days but am feeling better tonight. Tuesday night I barely slept so I ended up sleeping most of yesterday till around 3. Today I slept in and took two naps. The headache finally went away this evening, thankfully. Nothing I took for it helped. Yesterday we didn't walk at all, today we did three walks but all were short. Fingers crossed I will back to normal tmrw. It's bothering me being off schedule and not hitting my step goal!

Friday, Monday and Tuesday I did workouts for Murph training, Run With Hal app, Lauren Brooks' Push, Pull, Swing challenge and paper workouts, along with the glute warmups and yoga stretches I've been doing. Saturday we were in NE for a Ren Fest and Sunday was one in IA. It was an emotional wknd missing our moms and hard driving the route I hadn't driven since the last day my mom was alive, but I made it through.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 04:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Fri 5/14 0 minutes CYRIC'S BIRTHDAY
15 minutes (from C. Jordan 15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT)
9 minutes (from H. Clare Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
24 minutes (from CVG Murph Training day 13 Medal of Honor --4 RFT 200 M run, 25 air squats, 20 jumping lunges, 15 situps, 10 elevated pushups + additional .25 mi at end for RWH) THU
**00 minutes (from __ mi mi for Run With Hal app 15k Base Training Plan day 4) THU *did this as part of Murph day 13
**00 minutes (from L. Brooks Push, Pull, Swing Challenge wk1 day4) push covered in Murph day 13, pull covered in Murph day 14, swings done with BSR
24 minutes (from L. Brooks BSR week 2 Strength 3 + CVG Murph training day 8 -50 hollow rocks + day 14 -50 inverted rows + 20 additional swings for PPS)
12 minutes (from TurboFire Stretch 10)

These mix and meld workouts and challenges are just easier to post from my minutes check in. I felt like my usual self so grateful for that! Poor Cyric is sick on his birthday. Hoping he feels better soon.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-15-21, 12:02 AM  
Leonana

Vannie, I’m glad you are feeling better. Happy Birthday to Cyric! I hope he recovers soon.
Old 05-15-21, 12:33 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sherry! He was agitated when he thought I was going to bed so I'm sleeping on the couch tonight beside his bed. He finally curled up and I think is asleep but I have to go brush my teeth still! Poor little guy.

Old 05-16-21, 09:05 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, glad you are feeling better. How is Cyric doing?

We've had some nice rain and now very summer like weather with beautiful skies! DH and I are going to work on some gardening tasks. We are being a little more ambitious this year. We'll see. I'm keeping up with walks and going back and forth with Yoga for Stress Relief/passive neck stretch and Ravi and Ana's Posture primer. Both really good! I'm back to adding probably a few too many youtube clips to my playlist. I'm just staying focused on keeping it under 150 until I can do a better purge.

Hope you are all having a great Sunday!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 04:37 PM  
Leonana

No workouts the past three days. I've been prepping and painting our bedroom. Dh did most of it, but I'm still pretty tired! Today I was cleaning and putting things back into the room. We are going to redo the floor, so didn't put everything back in. We are putting in laminate, and it will take a couple of weeks to get it. DD is moving out in a month, so we will paint and replace her floor also. Her room will be a combo guest room/exercise room for me. I'm sad she's moving out, but at least I get more space!

Vannie, I hope Cyric is feeling better.

Katie, that's great you have nice weather for gardening.
Old 05-16-21, 04:43 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the good thoughts, guys. Cyric played with hubby some last night (I was away hanging out with friends) and this morning we walked a mile finally for the firs time since Tuesday. He seems to be feeling like himself again. He's been extra lovey today after I was gone most of yesterday.

Before I left yesterday I ran 1.5 mi for RWH day 5 and AY Yoga for Runners post-run practice. Also did my 50 pike pushups for Murph day 15. Last night while we visited I did some much needed foam rolling. I love having IRL friends who workout!

Old 05-16-21, 04:48 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, that's great Cyric is feeling better! I need some fitness friends in my life. I should probably get my introvert self in gear some day and find some!