Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-21, 05:10 PM  
Leonana

I’m so sorry Lori. I hope your immune system recovers soon.
Old 05-06-21, 05:20 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD546 View Post
Lori,
I'm so sorry to hear of your reaction to the shot. I would encourage you to file a report with the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS). https://vaers.hhs.gov/ It's important that adverse effects from the vaccine are reported, and unfortunately only about 1% are actually reported. I hope your issues resolve and are not long lasting.
My doctor said he will once he can really contribute it to the vaccine itself (which, duh, I didn't have any of these prior to it!).
Old 05-06-21, 05:20 PM  
wendug

Hugs to you Lori! I hope the tingling resolves itself soon!

I get my second dose of the Moderna vaccine tomorrow so we'll see how I feel.
Old 05-07-21, 10:32 AM  
donnamp

Wendy - Good luck!

Sherry - I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow.

I am over my reaction and feel pretty much back to normal.

Donna
Old 05-07-21, 10:50 AM  
sherry7899

Thank you, Donna!

Wendy, good luck to you.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 05-07-21, 08:44 PM  
horsemom2

I have chronic peripheral neuropathy and have rebounded daily for decades.
Rebounding may not reverse it but may have stopped its progression.
When my hands were really bad, compression gloves seemed to help.

I massage painful areas with lots of different ointments and oils which do give some relief.
Sometimes a heating pad helps.
Fortunately for me, really bad pain is random and disappears as mysteriously as it appears.
Old 05-08-21, 02:46 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
A friend recently postulated the theory that folks who have really bad reactions to the vaccines are folks who would have been hit the hardest with the virus.

Another "theory," but an interesting one.
That theory doesn’t make any sense.
Old 05-08-21, 10:40 AM  
cyana

Lori - I'm so sorry to hear that you're having these symptoms. I'd strongly encourage you to report directly to VAERS, as they solicit reporting of concerns even if you aren't 100% certain something is related to a vaccine. Here's a copy and paste directly from their web site:

Please report clinically important adverse events that occur after vaccination of adults and children, even if you are not sure whether the vaccine caused the adverse event. Also: Anyone can submit a report to VAERS, including parents and patients.

Doctors do not have a great track record of reporting (as noted in an earlier post). VAERS is a passive reporting system, and it's a shame more vigorous reporting doesn't happen as it has the potential to improve future medical treatment for everyone who receives a vaccine of any type. These products (meaning the COVID vaccines) were all approved under EUA - Emergency Use Authorizations. It is good science for everyone to contribute data to VAERS so any significant trends can be identified and this could also help future prescribers decide whether a specific vaccine is better used (or avoided) in a certain patient population.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing. Another virtual hug heading your way.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
Old 05-08-21, 06:46 PM  
wendug

Phew. The second dose of the Moderna vaccine has really wiped me out! I was okay yesterday, but today I've been so tired, had chills, and just don't feel well. I did take my dogs out for a walk, but that is the extent of my exercise for today. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.
Old 05-08-21, 07:14 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Phew. The second dose of the Moderna vaccine has really wiped me out! I was okay yesterday, but today I've been so tired, had chills, and just don't feel well. I did take my dogs out for a walk, but that is the extent of my exercise for today. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.
Wendy, I am so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs!

I had my second Pfizer this morning. I am tired with a slight headache and sore arm. I went for a walk right when I got home because I knew I would not be up for it later. I am worried about tomorrow because after the first shot I felt fine until about 28 hours afterwards.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines