Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-21, 11:19 AM  
fanofladyvols

So EXCITED that she sent an update out today!

Loved reading about bundle options!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 11:28 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
What I want to see Something similar to Slow and Heavy. A controlled pace, with heavy weights, maybe more basic moves, no moves that make me thing ***. And make them 35-45min long.
Maybe next time...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 11:00 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
I wish I liked band work. I can never get them situated fast enough to keep up with Cathe, I don't like the way they rub against me (doing overhead tricep extensions for example) and holding them hurts my hands. I'm sure these will be good workouts though...
Annette I used to hate band work too. But I made some changes in how I use it, and even what I wear while using and have felt some great benefits from incorporating it with my joints. I do understand it's not for everyone though. I am trying to "win" my husband into band usage but may not ever get there completely. We have found a way for him to use it with some things that don't aggravate and help his arthritic pain.

Just to let you know, I wear gloves, I wear leggings and a light hoodie so the bands don't rub against my skin or pull my hair. I also use those pads so the loops don't dig into my ankles or thighs. I go light in tension for the first couple reps and, for some moves, have stayed light until I build up strength and awareness of the movement pattern. Bands hit the body differently.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-20-21, 05:09 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Annette I used to hate band work too. But I made some changes in how I use it, and even what I wear while using and have felt some great benefits from incorporating it with my joints. I do understand it's not for everyone though. I am trying to "win" my husband into band usage but may not ever get there completely. We have found a way for him to use it with some things that don't aggravate and help his arthritic pain.

Just to let you know, I wear gloves, I wear leggings and a light hoodie so the bands don't rub against my skin or pull my hair. I also use those pads so the loops don't dig into my ankles or thighs. I go light in tension for the first couple reps and, for some moves, have stayed light until I build up strength and awareness of the movement pattern. Bands hit the body differently.
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think I've tried wearing gloves...hmmm, that will probably help. I'll probably order these just to see. It could be a nice change from dragging weights out all the time.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 07:57 PM  
anetta

I have never done a Cathe workout but these look good. Love the bands.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 06:19 AM  
fanofladyvols

There are TWELVE different presale options?!

..I can't even imagine the configuration of ordering that would entail 12 bundle options!

But I can't wait to see what they are today!

Old 04-28-21, 09:31 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
There are TWELVE different presale options?!

..I can't even imagine the configuration of ordering that would entail 12 bundle options!

But I can't wait to see what they are today!
Me too. Especially since I need new bands
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 10:45 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Presale is up! She sent out email

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 10:49 AM  
Messe

I have never ordered from Cathe on the first day of a presale, but I just placed my order for the two DVDs (I already have bands)!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 11:05 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Kind of bummed there's no free shipping on any package with the bands! But I suppose I understand...will probably pull the trigger soon and order.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss bands, boss bands total body, boss loops, boss loops glutes core, cathe, cathe equipment, cathe presale