Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-21, 10:48 AM  
desderata

deleted as repetitive
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 11:02 AM  
Demeris

I had my second Pfizer shot last week. I was tired when I got home, but that probably had more to do with the 85 mile drive through Phoenix traffic than the shot. The day after I had a headache but otherwise felt great.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 11:02 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
I have to say in am complete awe that your vaccine rollout is going so well that your son is eligible to get a vaccine. We are still at the stage where it is our grandparents / parents getting the vaccine. They just opened up for 70-74 last week where I live. Cases are going up at a huge rate, and there have been outbreaks at various warehouses & factories. We just entered another shutdown a couple of days ago.

Hope your son is feeling a bit better!
That is awful and so frustrating. I'm sorry. I'm in OH and they are doing pretty well with the vaccine - open for everyone 16+ now, but not always easy to find appts. My son is in MA - he's 30. Another son (26) is in IN and he is getting his first dose of Moderna tomorrow. My daughter is in TX in college and she's eligible but will wait until she's home for the summer. I do feel like they are rolling things out too quickly in some states since the more vulnerable people aren't able to get the vaccine as more and more people become eligible and take up appts. While other states are moving so slowly.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 11:39 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Erica H, I'm in Canada (Ontario), so while I am grateful that a lot of things were handled very well early in the pandemic, we do not have the capability to manufacture our own vaccines in Canada, so we are reliant on procuring them from elsewhere. That said, at last count I believe our province has about 1M doses sitting in freezers. I know this is not the place to discuss politics, but if I were in charge, I would immediately load up mobile vaccine clinics and start pulling into every Amazon warehouse, food processing plant, grocery store and school in the province. Right now, the priority seems to be younger seniors who are retired and able to stay home all day.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 11:47 AM  
donnamp

Paula - I feel your pain, I'm in the U.S., but so far, my state has proven to be managing the vaccine distribution in the most disappointing way. I was finally just able to register to be notified to schedule an appointment at one of the state-run sites - this just makes me eligible to be put on a list to be notified of the ability to make an appointment.

My DH, on the other hand, has been getting pressure to return to work. He registered to be notified by the mass vax sites and he received several text messages - that needed to be responded to w/in 10 minutes in order to schedule an appointment. The text messages arrives at a time when people with normal working hours are likely in their cars commuting and they come w/ no indication that it is a legitimate site - no indication that it is a state run mass vax site - just a random # to respond to w/in 10 minutes. heaven help you if you aren't glued to your phone and heaven help you if you respond to one of these messages and it turns out to be a big scam. I mean - really - no indication that it is a legit site???

The way DH ended up getting his appointment is b/c I have insomnia and one night when I couldn't sleep I started scouring the retail pharmacy sites. He now has an appointment at a Walmart 30-40 miles away. I sure hope that when he is there they schedule him for the 2nd shot as I hate to think of going through that again to get an appointment.

In theory, in my state I will be eligible for a vaccine after April 27th. I bet it will not be easy to actually get one though. But, at least I'm not getting pressure to return to the office.

Maryland, I think, did a good job responding to the pandemic last year, but they have been woefully deficient in getting vaccines out to the public in a reasonable manner.

My rant....

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 12:49 PM  
Dabbadooey

I only had a sore arm with both Moderna shots. I had Covid in January.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 02:01 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
The way DH ended up getting his appointment is b/c I have insomnia and one night when I couldn't sleep I started scouring the retail pharmacy sites. He now has an appointment at a Walmart 30-40 miles away. I sure hope that when he is there they schedule him for the 2nd shot as I hate to think of going through that again to get an appointment.

In theory, in my state I will be eligible for a vaccine after April 27th. I bet it will not be easy to actually get one though.
Donna - wow, i was shocked about the text messages. i've been getting some strange text messages myself, and i have no idea where they might be coming from, so i've deleted them and blocked the #. DH & I are finished with both shots, so i'm not concerned that it's related to that.

since ours was initially set up via our employers (DH works for the state, i work for a private corp), they sent us emails at work that provided a secure link to sign up for an appointment of our choice. it was secure, reliable, and safe. the administration site where my DH went to was at a community college - fast efficient, and close to home. the state dept of health administered that site.

for me, it was administered at a pier where cruise ships dock. the place was nice, air-conditioned, and pleasant. everything went well considering there were mass amounts of people getting their shots, and waiting 15 minutes afterward for observation (required for Pfizer). a health care provider (Hawaii Pacific Health) that operates several private hospitals in the state administered this site at the pier.

yes, remind your DH to ask Walmart about setting up shot #2. while he is there, see if they could set it up to a Walmart closer to your home. make sure that Walmart gives your DH a vaccine card as proof of shot #1.

my experiences with Walmart for Shingrix were great - they scheduled shot #2 immediately, and called me within a month to get it done, so i am thoroughly pleased with their services and customer care.

interesting story: a co-worker of mine was shopping at the CVS near his condo last week around 7 PM at night. he had just finished getting shot #2 via our employer at another site. over the PA system, the pharmacy announces "for anyone interested, we have extra covid vaccines - please come to the pharmacy right away if you need one."

because the vaccines come from the freezer and need to be administered within a specified window of time, they didn't want to waste any vaccine.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 02:56 PM  
Leonana

I had my first Pfizer on Saturday. The only reaction was a sore upper arm. My next shot is in three weeks. My 20 year old daughter has had her first Moderna shot last week at Walgreens. A sore arm was her only reaction.

I went to a state run vaccination site in a stadium parking lot. It was really well coordinated, with a large amount of volunteers. It was a drive in site and you were vaccinated in your car. However, due to the summer heat, they will be moving the state sites indoors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I had my second Pfizer shot last week. I was tired when I got home, but that probably had more to do with the 85 mile drive through Phoenix traffic than the shot. The day after I had a headache but otherwise felt great.
Kudos for driving so far! I could have gone in a week early, but I didn't want to drive 30 miles to Glendale. But fortunately I found one just ten miles away in East Phoenix.
Old 04-05-21, 03:16 PM  
BigBadBetty

I had my second Moderna shot yesterday. My arm is sore, but that is it. I had trouble sleeping because I kept rolling onto that arm and waking myself up. (I already have trouble staying asleep. This made it so much worse.) I am tired today, but it is likely lack of sleep rather than the shot. My fiance is having a much rougher time after this second shot. He has a low grade fever and a raging headache. He also had trouble sleeping. Apparently, he was unaware that men are supposed to have an easier time with the shot
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 04:06 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post

Kudos for driving so far! I could have gone in a week early, but I didn't want to drive 30 miles to Glendale. But fortunately I found one just ten miles away in East Phoenix.
That's where I went, Glendale. I was only able to get an appointment by calling the state (I tried every single online portal twice a day for a week until my sister found the magic number). I made the mistake of telling the woman I'd take the first available appointment. Glendale. Well, it's done, now.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccinations, vaccines