Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-21, 08:09 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV View Post
I actually love Yak Trax. I keep a pair in my car all winter. For me, they are great for ice. They have a new style that is supposed to work on all surfaces, so if the ice is patchy, it won't be a problem. I have no tried that style, so can't say if they actually work.
I thought the chains were pretty effective on ice, but I don't like wearing them on clear spots so they just don't get much use. If the whole town is an ice rink that's the only time ice keeps us from walking. I tried the spiral type three times and while they helped with slipping, I didn't like that the coils would flatten even though I wasn't that heavy and they would break and spiral right off the rubber. The chains don't have that issue at all. I'm happy to have them just in case I need them. I may look into the new style you mentioned. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarraine View Post
In a wierd fluke, if I had seen this question yesterday, I'd have said I walk everyday no matter the conditions because my energetic terrier doesn't give me a choice.

HOWEVER, while walking said terrier this morning, I fell on the ice and broke my wrist. So from now on I don't care how antsy she gets. If it's icy I will be quoting Vintage VFer's Oh. Hell. No
I'm so sorry to hear of your fall and injury! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold weather, nanospikes, walking, walking boots, walking conditions, yaktrax