Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-21, 12:37 PM  
Gardengirl

Walk Strong 3

Back after a hiatus to the forum.
Looking for a new (to me) rotation and ran across Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3. Looks very good to me as it seems to incorporate lots of workout styles including stretching, which I desperately need, and cross training, which I also desperately need. Anyone do this one? Lots of compound moves? Intermediate? I like that the workouts seem to be about 30 minutes. A bit pricey, but I though it might be worth it to get me back in a regular routine, which I desperately need. (Seems I'm desperate . . . lol!)
Would love some feedback!
TIA

P.S. Does the advanced search feature not work anymore?
Old 01-28-21, 02:18 PM  
amery

I LOVE Walk Strong 3! It is definitely full of variety. I have done the full rotation, as well as use individual workouts often. Right now I'm doing her January Jumpstart, which includes many of the Walk Strong Workouts as well. It does have lots of compound exercises, as most of Jessica's workouts do. I would say it is intermediate generally, there is a great variety of not just style, but intensity as well. However, at just 30 minutes per workout, there is no dread for me, even for the higher intensity workouts. If you have enjoyed past Jessica workouts, I think you will enjoy this system as well!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 02:42 PM  
laurajhawk

I love it too! It's probably my favorite of Jessica's sets. I do love that there are less-intense and more-intense days, and the style variety is huge. The 30-minute time works for me - I can keep it short or add yoga or other add-ons. (There's a disk of 15-minute add-ons, too!) I also like her Master Rotation; it combines her DVDs with YouTube alternatives, so you can use whichever DVDs you happen to have.

(Advanced search seems to come and go. Tag search works, and should give you some good threads on Walk Strong 3.)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 04:53 PM  
kristiep

I have the set but have only done a few of the workouts. What I have done, I have liked. Definitely Jessica’s most comprehensive set of her Walk Strong DVDs.

Here’s a comprehensive review, courtesy of 2lazyforthegym:

https://2lazy4gym.com/2018/01/14/walk-strong-3/
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 06:33 PM  
Leonana

I just started it this week and like it even better than the first time. It’s easily modified whether you need less or more intensity. The 30 minute length makes the more intense workouts doable for me.
Old 01-28-21, 08:19 PM  
Gardengirl

Thanks everyone! I think I will give it a go! Some of Jessica’s compound workout outs I find pretty intense and find them too long....usually the 45 minute workouts, so I think the diversity and the 30 minutes will work for me.
Old 01-28-21, 11:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I like all of Jessica's Walk Strong rotations and feel they get progressively harder with every set that is released. I haven't done the full WS3 rotation since it came out, but I will often just grab a workout of Jessica's depending on what I'm in the mood for. I seem to have done more rotations with WS1 and WS2, though. Her rotations are wonderful. Her sets are great. So much variety. And, you can make it as challenging as you want. Or modify whenever you need to by following Jessica, Debbie, or Beth. Jessica often says to select a heavier weight, if you're deciding between poundage and do as many as you can while safely performing the exercise with correct form. Then, if you need to, drop down the weight if you can't complete the reps for the entire set. Yes, lot's of compound moves, which is very time efficient. Great balance of strength, stamina/endurance, cardio, stretch, fusion, walking, etc. All in beautiful settings, happy and positive vibes. I never feel I've wasted my time with Jessica's workouts.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 08:53 AM  
Gardengirl

I do seem to have a love/hate relationship with compound moves, which is why I was asking about this rotation. Love that they are efficient ways of getting cardio and strength, but find them pretty challenging. I guess I had the same relationship with squats until I persevered and got better at them and now like them. I hate the idea that I’d have to follow the beginner and always push to keep up, but I’ve adjusted my thinking to not feeling like I can’t keep up and just follow Debbie until I get better at compound moves.

Looking forward to starting this one!
Old 01-29-21, 10:31 PM  
SueT

I absolutely love the WS3 workouts. I’m starting the fourth week of the rotation and I find it’s the perfect mix of workouts and the rotation is keeping me on track and feeling great. I also feel very motivated by the progress I’m making by feeling stronger just after the second time repeating the same workout when it comes up in the rotation.

I bought WS3 when it first came out in 2017 and never used it because weights were still bothering my knee after lateral meniscus surgery, but since then I’ve built up my strength and lower body weight workouts are now possible and actually have helped my knee and leg strength tremendously. I’m so glad I decided to try WS3 when I was ready for it.

Hope this helps!

SueT
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 01:54 PM  
Gardengirl

Red face

Thanks, SueT! I'm looking forward to starting this series. It does seem to have a very good variety of workouts. My biggest workout failure is the failure to properly cross-train I tend to find something I like and just keep doing it. I've neglected stretching . . . well, just about always. Now that I'm older I find that it's just about mandatory, and if it's built into the rotation, I'll have a much better chance of actually doing it.

Do all of you that are doing or have done this workout find the compound moves pretty difficult? That's my main concern. I like Jessica and her workouts but have always steered clear of the compound move ones as I always felt like I was throwing weights around and maybe not really getting the slow controlled workout and gains that I thought I should. Plus, I just find them damned hard!

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith rotation, walk strong 3