Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-21, 05:00 PM  
Vantreesta

I don't think I have gotten ads in the middle of any of the YT yoga I have done but I have during Dark Horse Rowing a couple times. I get them more often in things I'm just watching rather than doing.

Don't you hate being jarred during yoga though?? The other day I was doing a practice when one of my alarms went off. Thank you very much, Eminem, I wasn't blissing out at all before you interrupted!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 06:12 PM  
Helen

Day 2 - 2nd of Jan.
29min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 0
Why isn't it day 1? Don't know, but started at the beginning, which was day 0.

Breaking into this gently - several "challenges", all the day 1s (or day 0), then move on. 'Every Day' with the same thing, or the same person, doesn't usually go well with me. Hence the gentle entry.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 08:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Helen, I love Tim Sensei! I have done his challenges in the past but didn't sign up this year. I prefer his practices that are slower, with more instruction/less flow, but it doesn't seem like he does that for his challenges; maybe I'll sign up anyway just to take a look. I've also done what you are doing--ie, sign up for several challenges, then pick and choose each day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 09:13 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Helen, I love Tim Sensei! I have done his challenges in the past but didn't sign up this year. I prefer his practices that are slower, with more instruction/less flow, but it doesn't seem like he does that for his challenges; maybe I'll sign up anyway just to take a look. I've also done what you are doing--ie, sign up for several challenges, then pick and choose each day.
My daughter put me onto him. Thanks for the comment - I had a vague feeling of being wussy, doing all the Day 1s first, but if YOU think it's ok, I'm regarding that as official.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-02-21, 09:19 PM  
antbuko

Hi everyone!

This evening I did Healing Trauma Sensitive Yin Yoga, on YouTube.

Vantreesta, I have a popup blocker on my computer, but I still get ads sometimes on the Roku, if the channel is monetized. It is irritating!

I am having excruciating IT band pain, so if anyone has any yoga suggestions it would be much appreciated. Mostly I've been foam rolling, icing and resting.
Old 01-02-21, 10:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
My daughter put me onto him. Thanks for the comment - I had a vague feeling of being wussy, doing all the Day 1s first, but if YOU think it's ok, I'm regarding that as official.
LOL about me being able to say what is/isn't official! And here I'm on a weird Boxing Day start this year... I did sign up for Tim's challenge; maybel I'll just watch him some.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 11:20 PM  
Vantreesta

I think the most realistic way for me to stick with this is to expect myself to do yoga every weekday and be content with just meditation on weekends. I just can't get myself to do anything on the wknd except dog walks right now.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 02:00 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Day 13:
~Body Groove: Groovy Yoga
~YogiBethC: Be Kind to Your Wandering Mind Meditation - This was very nice Beth, keeping my mind from wandering is a constant struggle for me
~Insight Timer: Sound Meditation Flow Chimes

Beth - I’ve subscribed to Kate Vantucci & look forward to trying her practices. Your Standing Balance practice is on my to do list. I want to do more active yoga, but always seem to gravitate to yin & gentle practices.

Helen - There are no rules here, you can do as many day 0s or day 1s as you like!

Helen K - Ouch, I’m sorry about your IT band! I’m no expert, but sounds like you’re on the right track. Foam rolling can be intense so I’d say keep the pressure very gentle.

Vantreesta - I think it’s important to do what works best for you & not put pressure on yourself. And I find walks can be very meditative.

Hi Gale! I hope your return to work goes smoothly.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 07:23 AM  
Helen

Day 3, 3rd of Jan
49min, Adriene - Dedicate Challenge - Day 1 Discern

PAM
Thanks for the reassurance.

BETH
Tim is worth watching just for the outdoor views and Ollie (either a groodle or a labradoodle) as my Alice is a red standard poodle.

VANNIE
Have to agree with Pam - do what works for you.

Helen K
Sorry about your IT. I'm new to injuries myself so all I can offer is empathy and sympathy, and the RICE thing: Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate
Excruciating is pretty out there though - was there an event that hurt it?

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-03-21, 07:55 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Day 13, Jan 2
Morning / Active Practice MFML: 2021 Grounding & Strength series #2/ Beginning Flow, Guy Friswell
This class was so good! Simple movements, each one done 3x, a continual flow class. I felt so refreshed afterwards.

Evening / Wind-down DVD: Yoga Zone / Gentle Yoga
Well, yoga classes have come a long way ... I had this DVD sitting with my yoga books, so I thought I'd re-visit it. I did both sessions on the DVD. Both were rather disjointed. Some poses were not what I would consider "gentle". But it was fun for a blast-from-the-past. Oh, the DVD was a recording of the TV show, so the comments related to commercial breaks were still there. It's time to retire this DVD to the donation store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post

I am having excruciating IT band pain, so if anyone has any yoga suggestions it would be much appreciated. Mostly I've been foam rolling, icing and resting.
Sorry to hear this Helen! If it's excruciating, you may want to see a doctor. Here's my experience.... My right leg was super-messed-up about 2 years ago. I could barely take a step without excruciating pain. There was a lot going on with my leg, including a super-tight IT band. I went to physical therapy (a sports medicine center) for about 5 months. They used heat on my leg, particularly around the knee where my IT band bothered me the most. Heat for about 15 minutes, which helped loosen things up. Then, very very gentle stretches trying to improve pain-free range of movement. I then did basic strengthening exercises but with limited range of motion. After that they offered me ice. But my appointment was usually 1-1.5 hrs & I was restless & needed to get to work. So I always declined the ice. I'd say my leg is now 98%, which is better than most of my life. (I've played sports & did ballet for much of my younger life, so my legs have always had some injury ...) The other 2% is all IT-band related, but from I've learned, it's normal. Once your IT band is injured, it could take a long, long time to get better. I will look for some stretches that really helped me & will post later.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sadhana